Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:12 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bob the Builder
I'm not on about the muslims who have slipped into the country
What do you by slipped in?
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:31 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
What needs to happen is for this silent majority of Good people, to raise their voices, so that the world can really see, and then maybe that minority will not grow larger.
Agree entirely ABCD.

This is what I meant by re- education and all religions speaking on a joint global/worldwide platform. When did we last see a worldwide conference of all the various religious leaders speaking about terrorism and its affront against basic humaity?

A joint global governemt & religous meeting! Or did I miss it?

Phoenixuk2oz

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 14th 2004 at 2:18 am.

Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Joskin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Terrorism & personal beliefs???

What happened on 9/11/, in Bali, Instanbul and Madrid is really not that complicated to understand. Those murderous acts were carried out in the name of religious bigotry and good old fashioned racism. To the Islamic terrorist ALL westerners, Christians, Hindus, Budists, Satanists, Pagans, OAP's, children, babies, West Life fans, dogs, cats, pigs etc, etc, are Kafirs - infidels - non believers, and as such are legitimate targets to be shot, blown up or even decapitated. There is no reasoning with these things. They hate anything that doesn't follow their brand of Islam - including other Muslims. It's kill or be killed - that simple. We really have little choice. The only thing I can think of that sums Bin Laden and his followers is this; The world should know that no man can kill women and children and live to boast about it.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Joskin is an unknown quantity at this point

What happened on 9/11/, in Bali, Instanbul and Madrid is really not that complicated to understand. Those murderous acts were carried out in the name of religious bigotry and good old fashioned racism. To the Islamic terrorist ALL westerners, Christians, Hindus, Budists, Satanists, Pagans, OAP's, children, babies, West Life fans, dogs, cats, pigs etc, etc, are Kafirs - infidels - non believers, and as such are legitimate targets to be shot, blown up or even decapitated. There is no reasoning with these things. They hate anything that doesn't follow their brand of Islam - including other Muslims. It's kill or be killed - that simple. We really have little choice. The only thing I can think of that sums Bin Laden and his followers is this; The world should know that no man can kill women and children and live to boast about it.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:18 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

In reply about terrorism/racism, I am under the impression that no matter what we do to try and stop these atrocities from happening, there will always be certain religious groups who would happily murder anyone who they thought went against their beliefs. They are not right, but they believe they are fighting for a purpose. Trying to get through to someone like that is never going to happen.
Our biggest problem in the UK is that due to our lax imigration views we have allowed what can amass to armies to enter our country and one day they could quite possibly turn on the hand that feeds them and supplies their benefit money. How many thousands are around us in every town in this country that would if they believed it to be right would not hesitate to start blowing us up, absolutely nothing. And quite honestly when that day arrives we will be out numbered!

Anyone want to add anything please do.

Jenny
Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:37 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

just like the armies of aussies in london will one day turn bad...

or the armies of brits in oz - one day they will all rise up and make quorn covered in bistro gravy the national dish!

pleeeeease.... listen to yourself
Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:42 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Joskin
It's kill or be killed - that simple. We really have little choice. The only thing I can think of that sums Bin Laden and his followers is this; The world should know that no man can kill women and children and live to boast about it.
But by killing in revenge are we not simply sinking to their level?
Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jensteve
Our biggest problem in the UK is that due to our lax imigration views we have allowed what can amass to armies to enter our country and one day they could quite possibly turn on the hand that feeds them and supplies their benefit money. How many thousands are around us in every town in this country that would if they believed it to be right would not hesitate to start blowing us up, absolutely nothing. And quite honestly when that day arrives we will be out numbered!

Anyone want to add anything please do.

Jenny
Unfortunatelly I agree with Jenny.

We have a young daughter and decided to leave the UK because we were worried about the future in respect of racial violence.

We lived in a northern mining village (that no longer had a mine) and unemployment was very high. About 4 years ago the social services started to move large numbers of assylum seekers into empty council housing.

When their appeals for visa's were rejected many of these refugees had taken up with local girls, and had children to them, and so could not be repatriated.

Now as you drive around the town you see groups of swathy young men in black leather coats and talking on mobile phones who act as lookouts for the drug dealers.

This has caused a lot of trouble with the traditional dealers ( yes thats right some are now second generation dealers) and violence errupts over minor infringments over territory. And unfortunely the locals, not schooled in genocide, are losing ground.

I could see that quite soon there was going to be a upsurge in violence so we moved to Australia.

We could have moved else where in the UK but being working class we are limited to where we can afford to live and unfortunetly most of these places now have this problem.

It makes you think doesn't it!!

Keel
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by keel
Unfortunatelly I agree with Jenny.

We have a young daughter and decided to leave the UK because we were worried about the future in respect of racial violence.

We lived in a northern mining village (that no longer had a mine) and unemployment was very high. About 4 years ago the social services started to move large numbers of assylum seekers into empty council housing.

When their appeals for visa's were rejected many of these refugees had taken up with local girls, and had children to them, and so could not be repatriated.

Now as you drive around the town you see groups of swathy young men in black leather coats and talking on mobile phones who act as lookouts for the drug dealers.

This has caused a lot of trouble with the traditional dealers ( yes thats right some are now second generation dealers) and violence errupts over minor infringments over territory. And unfortunely the locals, not schooled in genocide, are losing ground.

I could see that quite soon there was going to be a upsurge in violence so we moved to Australia.

We could have moved else where in the UK but being working class we are limited to where we can afford to live and unfortunetly most of these places now have this problem.

It makes you think doesn't it!!

Keel
A drive through any town will turn up plenty of NON asylum seeker drug dealers and lookouts not to mention binge drinkers 'out of their skulls' (announced on the news today that there are 2.9 million Britons with serious alcohol problems and alcohol related disease costs the NHS £20 billion p.a.). But that's another issue I diverge! As an article I posted elsewhere said if we are not careful we canfocus on the ethnicity of the criminals rather than the criminality itself.

I tell you also what makes you think - terrorists plant bombs in Madrid and cause terrible loss of life, injury and fear in people; government blames a local separatist movement and the masses are outraged, millions take to the streets and then Islamic terrorists are implicated. Ah, its not ETA, it's because of our involvement in supporting the Iraq war the people think so they vote the government out, a new government comes to power and they announce today that the war and the subsequent presence was wrong and they have withdrawn Spanish troops. 5 people arrested so far for causing all of this (plus any others backing them up)! I'm simplifying it and it is a very complex issue but it makes you think doesn't it?

OzTennis
Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:22 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by OzTennis
I tell you also what makes you think - terrorists plant bombs in Madrid and cause terrible loss of life, injury and fear in people; government blames a local separatist movement and the masses are outraged, millions take to the streets and then Islamic terrorists are implicated. Ah, its not ETA, it's because of our involvement in supporting the Iraq war the people think so they vote the government out, a new government comes to power and they announce today that the war and the subsequent presence was wrong and they have withdrawn Spanish troops. 5 people arrested so far for causing all of this (plus any others backing them up)! I'm simplifying it and it is a very complex issue but it makes you think doesn't it?

OzTennis
It does make you think, but which direction do the thoughts go ?

A: The people think that everything will now be OK, as they now have a Government that is NOT interested in helping to crack down on Terror.

or

B: Al Qaeda find that they now have the power to change governments in Independent countries, just by planting a few bombs.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not believe that any government or country can eradicate terrorism, but they have to be seen to be doing something. Rather than address the underlying reasons behind the attacks, governments want to fight something visible and tangible.

A good war or conflict does wonders for the arms industry who in turn wield significant political clout. The lives shed in the process are of little consequence to the Powers That Be.

One of the benefits of the ousting of Saddam was supposed to be an ending of the suicide bombings in Israel as the families of the bombers were being bankrolled by him. This hasn’t happened as the motives were not financial in the first place. It is the inability to grasp this that means attempts to eradicate terrorism will fail.

We are destined to live in dangerous times and we need to accept that there is sod all we can do about it.

Oh dear, didn't mean to be so depressing
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:20 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Few questions.........I'm not clever enough for answers fraid

What percentage of the world population practices or condones terrorism?

Is current balance of world power with terrorists or non terrorists?

Are worldwide "powers that be" doing enough i.e is the argument against terrorism jointly approached by politicians and religeous leaders?

Waddya fink?

Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:28 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Few questions.........I'm not clever enough for answers fraid

What percentage of the world population practices or condones terrorism?

Is current balance of world power with terrorists or non terrorists?

Are worldwide "powers that be" doing enough i.e is the argument against terrorism jointly approached by politicians and religeous leaders?

Waddya fink?
...but it is not terrorism to some...it is a fight or struggle to achieve a belief...

Terrorism is a tag of propaganda...you need to think about the underlying cause...but the answers may be unpalatable...
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:37 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Florida_03
...but it is not terrorism to some...it is a fight or struggle to achieve a belief...

Terrorism is a tag of propaganda...you need to think about the underlying cause...but the answers may be unpalatable...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=definition

Same thing different "bucket"?

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 15th 2004 at 11:48 pm.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:45 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=definition

Same thing different termonology?
OK...let's start again with a definition of Terrorism.

Terrorism: As defined by the FBI, "the unlawful use of force against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population or any segment thereof, in the furtherance of political or social objectives". This definition includes three elements: (1) Terrorist activities are illegal and involve the use of force. (2) The actions are intended to intimidate or coerce. (3) The actions are committed in support of political or social objectives.

I'll ask this question...

Which Law?

Last edited by Florida_03; Mar 16th 2004 at 12:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.