Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:20 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
If only it were possible.

The major current world problem would be Muslim Fanatics. So many of them are taught to welcome their own death in the process of killing non Muslims.

To re-educate them ? Only the Muslim leaders can do that, and when that begins to happen, we may see some light at the end of the tunnel.

You say "the more we educate the WORLD", unfortunately, some people don't want to be educated by someone else, and will fight against it, to the death.

I agree very much with your sentiments, and if everyone was so tolerant, maybe the problem would not exist.

We need a virus invented that breeds tolerance into the brain, and then spread it worldwide
for every martyr there are 10 more willing and waiting
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:22 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Originally posted by wengerboy
exceeded his remit what happened to him i wonder? banged up charged with murder ?any chance of some enlightenment megs though i think i already know (instituitinalised)
Good point - the constable was not charged so yes, institutionalised, at least post the fact.

Institutionalised in that step were not taken to prevent it happening in the first place. However, that was asking a lot at the time. At that time in central Australia each person had to look after themselves - authority was weak due to distance and difficulty of travel.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:28 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jack Daws
OK, So what when we come across these fanatics?

Talk to them, explain the errors of there ways?

No, shoot the ****ers. These arent people who respond to the gentle, kissy, strokey thing. Waste em, end of terrorists
Satisfying yes but that just extenuates the problem exponentially.

What are the underlying causes of the resentment against the infidels that cause people to rise in arms. The 911 bombers are from an extreme society and system partly held in place by the west which dare not critisize in case the worlds largest supplier of oil goes crackpot.

It our need for a cheap tank of petrol that indirectly fuels terrorism. If you go to Egypt (a regime friendly to the west) you will find it is the extreme islamists who are providing the health care and education to the poor. In return the extremists get their support.

Religion is often the rallying cause but power is often the real reason behind the terror.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:38 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Good point - the constable was not charged so yes, institutionalised, at least post the fact.

Institutionalised in that step were not taken to prevent it happening in the first place. However, that was asking a lot at the time. At that time in central Australia each person had to look after themselves - authority was weak due to distance and difficulty of travel.
so basically constables were more likenened to ie a sherriff giving orders in their region to their officers (deputy`s)with the mandate to enforce as they see fit! question more than a point megs
Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:46 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by wengerboy
so basically constables were more likenened to ie a sherriff giving orders in their region to their officers (deputy`s)with the mandate to enforce as they see fit! question more than a point megs
I don't know and the whole incident seems clouded. Perhaps a cover up but just as likely that the region was just too difficult to administer properly at that time. Few roads, telegraphs or telephones, no radio, travel by camel, little water, game for food, hostile locals etc.

Guessing, I'd say that perhaps you could be right that the constable was given a broad remit - akin to a sheriff - and when the incident blew up the authorities could not charge the constable with out implicating themselves through having authorised the constable's broad remit.

An interesting possibility - but no documents to make it clear after 75 years.

Just dug this up:
ABC 7:30 Report 23/09/2003 : Coniston massacre inquiry belies oral history

Liza Dale-Hallett - Great niece of William George Murray - At Brooks Soak, 24 September 2003

I found an 18 part feature in the Alice Springs News: Coniston Massacre by DICK KIMBER

In an archive arranged backwards (18 - 1) so you would have to search for DICK KIMBER. Looks like a gripping story. Thanks for proding me.

Last edited by Megalania; Mar 12th 2004 at 2:05 am.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:00 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Satisfying yes but that just extenuates the problem exponentially.

What are the underlying causes of the resentment against the infidels that cause people to rise in arms. The 911 bombers are from an extreme society and system partly held in place by the west which dare not critisize in case the worlds largest supplier of oil goes crackpot.

It our need for a cheap tank of petrol that indirectly fuels terrorism. If you go to Egypt (a regime friendly to the west) you will find it is the extreme islamists who are providing the health care and education to the poor. In return the extremists get their support.

Religion is often the rallying cause but power is often the real reason behind the terror.
I think you nailed it Bondi
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:48 am
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Megalania
I don't know and the whole incident seems clouded. Perhaps a cover up but just as likely that the region was just too difficult to administer properly at that time. Few roads, telegraphs or telephones, no radio, travel by camel, little water, game for food, hostile locals etc.

Guessing, I'd say that perhaps you could be right that the constable was given a broad remit - akin to a sheriff - and when the incident blew up the authorities could not charge the constable with out implicating themselves through having authorised the constable's broad remit.

An interesting possibility - but no documents to make it clear after 75 years.

Just dug this up:
ABC 7:30 Report 23/09/2003 : Coniston massacre inquiry belies oral history

Liza Dale-Hallett - Great niece of William George Murray - At Brooks Soak, 24 September 2003

I found an 18 part feature in the Alice Springs News: Coniston Massacre by DICK KIMBER

In an archive arranged backwards (18 - 1) so you would have to search for DICK KIMBER. Looks like a gripping story. Thanks for proding me.
thanx mate shall set aside an hour(at least)to educate myself
Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:15 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

my opinion....

1. Kill, ban, repress, or exploit an innocent people, culture, language, or religion for the purposes of power & money - Create a terrorist.

2. Terrorists kill for their cause - innocent people die.

3. Kill a terrorist in retribution (or unjustly imprision and torture innocent relatives/friends) - and create a few more terrorists. (see step 1, and repeat ad infinitum.)

Remove step 1 - and you reduce terrorism.

Gross over simplification, but there you go.

In answer to one of the original questions - if Don Brash has his way in NZ, I wouldn't be suprised to see a few Maori terrorists spring up in years to come.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Bob the Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ABCDiamond

"Some Muslims quote that the Koran says it is correct to kill those that don't believe in Allah ! Therefore to do that is not terrorism, but doing their Gods cause !"

I think that we should take this on board there are large sections of the muslim world who allready think that this is a religeous war and that it has allready started.

How long before we wake up?

Bob
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob the Builder

"Some Muslims quote that the Koran says it is correct to kill those that don't believe in Allah ! Therefore to do that is not terrorism, but doing their Gods cause !"

I think that we should take this on board there are large sections of the muslim world who allready think that this is a religeous war and that it has allready started.

Bob
We cannot tar all muslims with the same brush though can we. Many many muslims do NOT agree with these terrorists who are a fanatical minority.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:42 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by debsy
We cannot tar all muslims with the same brush though can we. Many many muslims do NOT agree with these terrorists who are a fanatical minority.
Correct

You cannot label an entire population because of their race or religion. Being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist!!

There's good and bad in all walks of life regardless of race,colour religion........

Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by debsy
I agree completely, it is only "some" that are like that. Ungfortunately though, the rest appear to be the "silent majority"

What needs to happen is for this silent majority of Good people, to raise their voices, so that the world can really see, and then maybe that minority will not grow larger.

Old Mar 13th 2004, 12:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob the Builder

Bob
Some Christians deny Darwins theory of evolution. That doesn't make all Christians backward idiots. The element of islam that is so fanatical that believes terror is right is miniscule but it is prominent.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Bob the Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not on about the muslims who have slipped into the country (allthough I'd question where the're loalty lies) but the muslims in the nation of islam ie saudi, pakistan, yemen etc. Who are being indoctrinated in religeos schools to hate the west.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:01 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

how do you know this is happening? being taught to hate the west that is?

do you have direct experience of muslim schools?

Originally posted by Bob the Builder
I'm not on about the muslims who have slipped into the country (allthough I'd question where the're loalty lies) but the muslims in the nation of islam ie saudi, pakistan, yemen etc. Who are being indoctrinated in religeos schools to hate the west.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.