Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:49 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Terrorism & personal beliefs???

In light of recent events in Madrid and terrorist attacks possibly in the name of race or religion or whatever..........is it right to address opinions in this way do you think?

Most people have opinions.Sometimes weak, sometimes strong. Would you kill or condone the killing of others for what you believe?

How likely is this to occur in Australia or NZ?

Terrorism....right or wrong?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:54 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
In light of recent events in Madrid and terrorist attacks possibly in the name of race or religion or whatever..........is it right to address opinions in this way do you think?

Most people have opinions.Sometimes weak, sometimes strong. Would you kill or condone the killing of others for what you believe?

It's definately not right to kill for race or religous reasons.

However I would kill if given the chance to wipe out a terrorist. No hesitation, no remorse, nothing.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:58 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Jack Daws
It's definately not right to kill for race or religous reasons.

However I would kill if given the chance to wipe out a terrorist. No hesitation, no remorse, nothing.
Why kill a terrorist? Why not throw in jail/throw away key?

By killing them.....does this mean two wrongs don't make a right?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you on about one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter?

The issue is huge and must consider illegal terrorist acts committed by the state.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:02 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Why kill a terrorist? Why not throw in jail/throw away key?

By killing them.....does this mean two wrongs don't make a right?
I just posted this in the US forum:

Whoever did it needs to be hunted down hung (but not dead), drawn (sliced open and there guts pulled out) and then quartered (each limb removed). Slowly
They would be begging for death

I believe thats better than any prison sentence and much cheaper on us good people
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by bondipom

The issue is huge and must consider illegal terrorist acts committed by the state.
Explain
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:07 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by bondipom

Good pointed question: Are they terrorists or freedom fighters?

Does kiling get the point accross to achieve freedom?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:09 pm
Banned

Good pointed question: Are they terrorists or freedom fighters?

Does kiling get the point accross to achieve freedom?
Your asking questions but whats YOUR point of veiw?

What would/could solve this problem?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:12 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The future gapes.

Was this terrorism?
Coniston massacre
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask the Mujahadein in Afghanistan who fough the Taliban. Accusations of terrosism were laid at the hands of the Zionists before the state of Israel was created.

My point is the morality is rarely black and white and each conflict is different. Some people have mentioned the IRA who in my mind are scum. The other scum are those in the security services who aided and abetted the unionist terrorists who attack innocents. A lot of the terrorists became so because of acts of violence against their own communites.

It does not justify the violence it but without looking at these events in such a way cease fires and peace agreements are impossible bring about.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:18 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
The future gapes.

Was this terrorism?
Coniston massacre
no i call it institutionalised racism
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:18 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Your asking questions but whats YOUR point of veiw?

What would/could solve this problem?
Nice one....I feel trapped!!!

Re-educate, talk, negotiate, find common ground otherwise what else is there? keep killing each other? Where will it end:scared:

Whole world to work on world-wide strategic approach rather than fight between each other. Agree how to address these terrorists for the good of all innocents. Maybe impossible??

Get into the fanatisists mind...pre-empt....change from within?

Who knows wot the anser is but in my view its not in killing. Solves nothing, creates even wider divide me thinks?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:24 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by wengerboy
Agree

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:24 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by wengerboy
Not terrorism and racism?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:28 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Megalania
Not terrorism and racism?
Differences & similarities between terrorism & racism are?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.