Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temporary to Permanent

Temporary to Permanent

Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary to Permanent

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Can I just clear something up i my mind?

If I apply for a PR and then hubby gets offered a job with temp visa can it still be processed even though we have left GB? What would we do about meds etc if we are not in GB? Can we have them over in OZ?
Do you mean can the permanent visa still be processed after you've left GB - yes. You need at least the temp visa sorted before you leave.

Medicals can be done in Australia.

Also what about change of address? Do we inform them when we get to OZ of our change of address?
Yes you do.

Be aware that trying to get a temp visa before PR is done adds a layer of complexity to the whole process.

Jeremy
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Trish

Be careful. Have you ever been to Townsville?

If you are on a temporary visa you are stucxk with your employer and in the same place, like it or not.
Also a lot of employers are not as keen to sponsor for PR as they may sound at first.

You are a nurse so will be better off going for PR in the first place and can then choose where to work.

You probably already know this.

Townsville can be VERY hot and is more of an industrial 'working' town.

You may like that. You may not.

Good luck

G
hi G,

Thanks, it would appear they are keen to get you over whichever way is quickest, and I suppose some people arent as lucky as me and havent got friends on this site who give invaluable advice.
Having plied them with my vast knowlege (ha ha) I think they have decided to shut me up by agreeing to the RSMS visa. I will of course get this all in writing.
I realise I would be tied to the employer for 2 years, but this is a far safer option for me and the family rather than the 457. I have done the same line of work of over 9 years so hopefully 2 years will be ok.
I have friends in townsville so am aware of the heat and what its like, to be honest, I know it will be hard acclimatising but we will get there.
Ive never been there, but from what people tell me who are there, it caters for lots of people, being an industrial place is fine as jim will be working as an arctic lorry driver.
At the end of the day, my thoughts are; if we dont like it, stick it out for 2 years then we can go wherever we like in oz.
thankyou for your advice and comments though, they are appreciated.

cheers

Trish
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jeremy,

That is very helpful, I was very worried about going on to a temporary visa when I have already got a PR one, we used an agent, so I think we'll get in touch with him and see what we can sort out.

Nikki
xx