Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temp Res visa (457ie) and school costs

Temp Res visa (457ie) and school costs

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

aliceJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp Res visa (457ie) and school costs

Am I right in thinking that we will have to pay for school fees as we will be on long term temp residence visas?

If so, does anyone know roughly how much it will cost per child to attend a first school?
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Dannyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temp Res visa (457ie) and school costs

Originally posted by aliceJ:
Am I right in thinking that we will have to pay for school fees as we will be on long term temp residence visas?

If so, does anyone know roughly how much it will cost per child to attend a first school?
I'm in a similar situation and found some schools that had posted their fees on the web. I found the sites through http://www.gomatilda.com, then the schools section.
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 8:56 pm
Jaj

Presuming you mean state school fees - in NSW yes. About A$5000 per child per year.
In other states/territories, possibly not. Check with the state education
department.

Jeremy

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:51:45 +0000, aliceJ <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Am I right in thinking that we will have to pay for school fees as we will be on
    >long term temp residence visas?
    >If so, does anyone know roughly how much it will cost per child to attend a
    >first school?
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 4th 2002, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to you both.

Originally posted by Jaj:
Presuming you mean state school fees - in NSW yes. About A$5000 per child per year.
In other states/territories, possibly not. Check with the state education
department.

Jeremy

>On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:51:45 +0000, aliceJ <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Am I right in thinking that we will have to pay for school fees as we will be on
    >long term temp residence visas?
    >If so, does anyone know roughly how much it will cost per child to attend a
    >first school?
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Sep 4th 2002, 1:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I am in NSW and we pay $4500 per child per year. The Department you need to contact for NSW (If appropriate) is the Department of International Students - George Street Sydney. I can look up better contact information if you need it for NSW.

I would also be interested in the Private School question - ie do you have to pay the fees and the NSW charge as well. If I get a chance I will try and find an answer.

The school fees are prorated per annum. So if you start part year you will only pay for a part year. Also my company allows for the payment to be made through work and paid back untaxable so the real cost is reduced.

Cheers
Old Sep 4th 2002, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, if I find out anything more I'll post it.

Originally posted by Sandra:
I am in NSW and we pay $4500 per child per year. The Department you need to contact for NSW (If appropriate) is the Department of International Students - George Street Sydney. I can look up better contact information if you need it for NSW.

I would also be interested in the Private School question - ie do you have to pay the fees and the NSW charge as well. If I get a chance I will try and find an answer.

The school fees are prorated per annum. So if you start part year you will only pay for a part year. Also my company allows for the payment to be made through work and paid back untaxable so the real cost is reduced.

Cheers
Old Sep 4th 2002, 11:12 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by aliceJ:
Thanks, if I find out anything more I'll post it.
Internet Link - where I get a lot of my information - again specific for NSW but if you search the site I am sure it can point anyone who is interested off to other state information.

http://www.det.nsw.edu.au/papers/tempvisansw/