Telstra Install

Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Martin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really nice
Default Telstra Install

Folks, i have managed to organise my utility connections through Origin for when i arrive in MEL in 4 weeks time, but i am struggling to solve how to get a home phone and broadband put in.

My landlord says Telstra is best, but their website is bonkers and after 30 mins i gave up trying to figure out how.

Could anyone give me some tips?

I will be moving to South Yarra. Not sure if there are regional or area offices to call.

Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Martin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really nice
Default Re: Telstra Install

Ok, so i bumped through a few threads and it seems Hellstra gets a really bad name. So i guess thats out.

what about Optus? I also want to get the Foxtel service installed, are there only certain companies that offer this or can you simply arrange to have it installed?

We use Sky at home just now.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience AAPT are the best of the three large telcos.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Martin J
Ok, so i bumped through a few threads and it seems Hellstra gets a really bad name. So i guess thats out.

what about Optus? I also want to get the Foxtel service installed, are there only certain companies that offer this or can you simply arrange to have it installed?

We use Sky at home just now.
If you already have a telephone line then look at whirlpool forums to find a better company for your telephone and broadband. If foxtel is via satellite in your area you get foxtel to install it, usually free installation for new subscribers.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:59 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
In my experience AAPT are the best of the three large telcos.
Unfortunately they all rely on Telstra infrastructure ie cables/fibre optics etc, and have to rent them of Telstra.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Telstra Install

Hi,

What you've read is completely true, Telstra are completely c**p, they made loads of mistakes with my connection. Firstly i was given the wrong information from the women in one of their shops, about the packages they offer, the prices that they cost and also about the package i would need to purchase to make cheap calls to the UK. They put me on the wrong package and the wron tarrif for my calls to the UK and i recieved a bill after only being connected for 6 days. Then theres bigpond, who provide the internet broadband, i spoke to 4 different people from technical support and was called twice by them before an engineer actually went and checked the exchange which is where the problem lay. I was only able to connect yhis afternoon, but i bet they make me pay for the week that i had with no internet. Stay away from them mate, they're bad news.:curse:
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, i think i will give Telstra a body swerve.

If i chose AAPT, how do you go about organising a phone line and broadband install for us arriving in 4 weeks?

can you do it from the UK online?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Yep, i think i will give Telstra a body swerve.

If i chose AAPT, how do you go about organising a phone line and broadband install for us arriving in 4 weeks?

can you do it from the UK online?
Naked broadband and VOIP from iinet.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:26 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ossigeno
Naked broadband and VOIP from iinet.
Yep. iiNet is the way to go. No need to do it from the UK either. We had our router delivered and the phone and internet up and running within a week.

Gina
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

I'm going to go against the majority and actually say that we have found Telstra to be really good. When we were looking to get our phone connected they arranged everything really quickly, unfortunately we had to cancel our appointment twice due to job interviews - they were very helpful and tried to fit their engineers visit in with our plans.

We had tried Optus but they just weren't interested in our business at all!!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

manwinoname is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't have any problems with Telstra either. I phoned at 9 AM to arrange a connection and number and by 5pm same day it was up & running. I ordered ADSL Broadband at the same time and five days later was surfing at home again. I found my usage was greater than what I ordered so went to my account area online and increased it, which was available from the next day. Price , however is another issue as they quoted me $219 for wi-fi in the home , which I declined as cheaper kits are available elsewhere and after the six month half price deal runs out they are expensive in relation to others available.
Cheers
Old Jul 16th 2008, 12:16 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Folks, i have managed to organise my utility connections through Origin for when i arrive in MEL in 4 weeks time, but i am struggling to solve how to get a home phone and broadband put in.

My landlord says Telstra is best, but their website is bonkers and after 30 mins i gave up trying to figure out how.

Could anyone give me some tips?

I will be moving to South Yarra. Not sure if there are regional or area offices to call.

Thanks
iiNet. Everytime.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Find out who offers adsl2+ in your area and go with them, always the fastest speeds regardless of the provider.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:55 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
Find out who offers adsl2+ in your area and go with them, always the fastest speeds regardless of the provider.
I would still apply cost as a limiting factor to the range of ISP's that may potentially offer ADSL2+. For example, Telstra offer ADSL2+ and they charge a kings ransom normally and bind you into a blood-sucking contract.

Also, always check if a RIM ((http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=RI...ed_Multiplexer) is going to cause you any problems before you even instigate a line test for ADSL2+ (unless you go with Telstra - though it's academic as you wont achieve anywhere near the true potential of ADSL2+ speeds).
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:50 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I would still apply cost as a limiting factor to the range of ISP's that may potentially offer ADSL2+. For example, Telstra offer ADSL2+ and they charge a kings ransom normally and bind you into a blood-sucking contract.

Also, always check if a RIM ((http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=RI...ed_Multiplexer) is going to cause you any problems before you even instigate a line test for ADSL2+ (unless you go with Telstra - though it's academic as you wont achieve anywhere near the true potential of ADSL2+ speeds).

My BB was shocking. Almost gave it up to use dial up i was that fed up. But my rental house got sold so i had to move. Now back in the UK and was shocked how good the BB was in comparison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.