Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by Teabag
Well my Tassie dream came to an abrupt end so if anyone is looking to buy I have two lovely properties in the Huon Valley for sale
please PM me i may be interested
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi James whats happened?
Hi Carl

This is Donna not James - I was a member here a long while back just thought I'd update the story.

We came over from W.A. mid 2007 had 3.5 great years in Tas but Hubby's company closed down their Tas operation and so we have come back to WA (so he can continue working with the company)
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:00 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James5072
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone on the forum living in or around Launceston?

Assuming my 457 goes through smoothly, myself, my fiance and our 2 year old daughter are moving to Launceston in January from Westgate on Sea in Kent (i'm from Scotland originally)

We're looking at renting in Riverside or Trevallyn - the company i'll be working for is sorting out 2 weeks accomodation when we first arrive so will have time to look around. Does anyone have any recommendations for any other good suburbs near Launceston?

Got so much to organise but we are so excited about the move - we think life in tassie is going to suit us down to the ground!

My fiance is a hairdresser so she'll be looking for some part time work and i'm a keen footballer so one of my priorities is finding a football team. If any has any advice or help it would be much appreciated!

James
Hi James we are an hour from Launnie on the North East coast.

here is a football website http://www.footballfedtas.com.au/ tends to be called soccer here!

Prospect seems a nice area some fab houses in Trevallyn if you dont mind the hills! You may be better getting a short term rental so you can decide where you like
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:02 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
Hi Carl

This is Donna not James - I was a member here a long while back just thought I'd update the story.

We came over from W.A. mid 2007 had 3.5 great years in Tas but Hubby's company closed down their Tas operation and so we have come back to WA (so he can continue working with the company)
sorry to hear this Donna, my OH has also just been laid off and we are looking to move on somewhere new.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

its been a while since I was here but...

Donna - sorry to hear you are heading back to WA

James - we are in Launceston... Prospect is kind of the 'other side' of town, and can (by tassie standards lol) get busier for getting to Trevallyn/Riverside. Riverside has a fair bit close by, Trevallyn is lovely (with the hills that Possums mentioned, more expensive than Riverside but most would say its a nicer suburb. If you want some more info feel free to pm.

While I am here... I have a night out planned in Dec and if anyone around Launceston would like to come pls pm me
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

petejackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gmen30
HI we have been here since November does anyone one fancy a meet up - Hobart side, we moved down from Queensland originally Manchester!
How did you find the change from QLD to Tas? We are Brisbane/UK/Scarborough.. Had 14 days travelling around Tas last year, loved the place but didnt know if we could live there..... also appears to be NO jobs on seek!! Is it really hard to come across jobs down there? Cheers, Pete
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:15 pm
(^v^)

Originally Posted by petejackson
How did you find the change from QLD to Tas? We are Brisbane/UK/Scarborough.. Had 14 days travelling around Tas last year, loved the place but didnt know if we could live there..... also appears to be NO jobs on seek!! Is it really hard to come across jobs down there? Cheers, Pete
I guess it depends on the job what do you do?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

James5072 is an unknown quantity at this point

Possums and Effie - thanks very much for the info!

We will have a look at Prospect too, think getting a short lease will probably be the best option.

May well pm you nearer the time for some more info!

All the best

James
Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

petejackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Possums
I guess it depends on the job what do you do?
mechanic (workshop controller) VW and accounts assistant
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:58 pm
(^v^)

Originally Posted by petejackson
mechanic (workshop controller) VW and accounts assistant
hmm sure there is a need for mechanics here no train system and very poor public transport in rural areas so cars are a must! there are VW dealers in Launceston and Hobart you could contact them find out the situ? or go on your own there is a small garage for sale at the bottom of our road

try careerone also

of course you dont have to be a mechanic at all you could open a B&B or something else completely different.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:06 pm
(^v^)

Originally Posted by James5072
Possums and Effie - thanks very much for the info!

We will have a look at Prospect too, think getting a short lease will probably be the best option.

May well pm you nearer the time for some more info!

All the best

James
No probs James yes I think the short lease is the best way to go, dont get too tied to a place then.

we are looking to move to the mainland, going to rent our house out and go look see if we are missing owt but if I can help with any info just drop me a line.