Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:27 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by kettle8632
Hi there,

We live in Latrobe and we love it here. Only 7mins from Devonport and an hour from Launceston.

We've been here just over a year, and loving the more relaxed way of live. A lot different to Northampton!!!
Latrobe is a lovely place, We went for a visit and had a look at the playtypus, The only thing we found was not many nice resonably priced place for food!!!
Gary
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hello Gary.

We were thinking of Wynyard, ULverstone, Devonport, Georgetown, Burnie we think a more rural location but not to far from a community. We have four kids 12, 11, 4 & 7 months so somthing for them would be good, the Mrs likes shopping good schools.
I am a hairdresser so will be looking for a job in a salon and my wife is a novelty cake maker. this she does from home.

How long have you been in Tasmania? and where have you come from

Regards
Carl
Hi Carl

Don't rule out the Deep South!

We live in Hobart and are just in the process of moving out to Kingston.

There are plenty of rural areas within 25-40 mins drive from Kingston, add 10 mins for the city, and you can find amazing property bargains still thereabouts.

Kingston is a fast-growing satellite suburb and has lots of new infrasructure going in.

We are originally from Carlisle/Manchester/Sheffield/Chester-we moved around a little...

Last edited by ianandhelena; Mar 5th 2010 at 1:05 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:22 am
Just Joined

gmen30 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI we have been here since November does anyone one fancy a meet up - Hobart side, we moved down from Queensland originally Manchester!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:30 am
Just Joined

malton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Hi, hubby and I are orginally from Liverpool and have been living in Townsville, Qld for nearly 3 years and are looking at moving to Tas.

How have you found moving from Qld to Hobart? What do you like about Hobart?

Did you find it expensive to move your belongings/cars?

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by malton
Hi, hubby and I are orginally from Liverpool and have been living in Townsville, Qld for nearly 3 years and are looking at moving to Tas.

How have you found moving from Qld to Hobart? What do you like about Hobart?

Did you find it expensive to move your belongings/cars?

Thanks for your help.
Hi Malton the move was the best thing we have done, we miss family back in Queensland but we have just felt we are truly settled here - i can now call Australia home.
I like everything about it, the people, the weather, the conveniance, the walks, the wind, the rain, the cold, the arts and crafts, the festivals, the small town feel, coming into the harbor at early morning and seeing the sun shine on the water as i drive over the bridge, looking at mount wellington first thing in the morning and seeing the beauty of it's face and the pipes, being able to find a beach with no other person on it, seeing the seals and penguins, finding new places to explore as a family, sleeping in cabins in the national parks, the architecture - i really do love being here!

we moved with walkers from Queensland they came in with the cheapest quote, they came and packed up. It was around $5000 and we drove down slowly exploring that side, which was difficult at time with the children but we took our time and stayed using mostly Big 4s which was good as we could book on arrival for our next destination - we only had one incidence were we couldn't get in with them because we detoured from the main roads but found a beautiful BB.

hope this helps, i know it is not for everyone but for me i hadn't really settled in one area of Australia and - it is so vast, with completely different climates, different life styles and the fact that we had already done the enormous move from England - we thought we may as well do it again and be happy, i suppose this is the advice i would give - oh and money comes and goes - you may as well be happy in this life!

hugs from me
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:18 am
Just Joined

malton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Hi Gmen30, thanks so much for your comments, it's so good to be able to get a feeling of a place from someone who lives there.

We've booked a holiday over Christmas/New Year to check out Hobart and Launceston as we are seriously considering leaving hot and humid townsville, and as you say, when you've made the big move from the UK to OZ, the next step doesn't seem so hard really.

Whereabout in Qld did you live?

Regards
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:51 am
Just Joined

kettle8632 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've booked a holiday over Christmas/New Year to check out Hobart and Launceston as we are seriously considering leaving hot and humid townsville,

Regards[/QUOTE]

I've only lived in Tassie for just a year, and I think the weather is perfect. We have the 4 seasons, and the summer is dry and warm, not ridiculously hot.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:59 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

I've only lived in Tassie for just a year, and I think the weather is perfect. We have the 4 seasons, and the summer is dry and warm, not ridiculously hot.[/QUOTE]

Sometime in Tassie you get 4 seasons in one day!!!!
Tassie is an amazing place. I prefair Launceston but can understand why more people move to Hobart, Its a bigger place with more things going on!
Can't wait till Tassie gets a proper Football team playing with a round ball!!!!
Gary
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:04 am
Just Joined

kettle8632 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
I've only lived in Tassie for just a year, and I think the weather is perfect. We have the 4 seasons, and the summer is dry and warm, not ridiculously hot.
Sometime in Tassie you get 4 seasons in one day!!!!
Tassie is an amazing place. I prefair Launceston but can understand why more people move to Hobart, Its a bigger place with more things going on!
Can't wait till Tassie gets a proper Football team playing with a round ball!!!!
Gary[/QUOTE]

personally i'd lke to see union down here
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmen30
HI we have been here since November does anyone one fancy a meet up - Hobart side, we moved down from Queensland originally Manchester!
Hi, I'll send you a message when I've had a sleep, working nights!

Sam
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by malton
Hi Gmen30, thanks so much for your comments, it's so good to be able to get a feeling of a place from someone who lives there.

We've booked a holiday over Christmas/New Year to check out Hobart and Launceston as we are seriously considering leaving hot and humid townsville, and as you say, when you've made the big move from the UK to OZ, the next step doesn't seem so hard really.

Whereabout in Qld did you live?

Regards
hi malton we did try and find the coolest place - on top of mount tamborine that had its own issues (well only the traveling anywhere really) but still to bl@@dy hot for me

i have to say that next step really wasn't as difficult- i think you get gypsy blood after you do it once

if you need anymore info only to happy to help - i believe launy is slightly warmer that side!

hugs gee
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi, I'll send you a message when I've had a sleep, working nights!

Sam
hi Sammy - hope you slept well hun well got your message and replied! hoping to meet for coffee

hugs for now gee
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 5:45 am
Just Joined

James5072 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone on the forum living in or around Launceston?

Assuming my 457 goes through smoothly, myself, my fiance and our 2 year old daughter are moving to Launceston in January from Westgate on Sea in Kent (i'm from Scotland originally)

We're looking at renting in Riverside or Trevallyn - the company i'll be working for is sorting out 2 weeks accomodation when we first arrive so will have time to look around. Does anyone have any recommendations for any other good suburbs near Launceston?

Got so much to organise but we are so excited about the move - we think life in tassie is going to suit us down to the ground!

My fiance is a hairdresser so she'll be looking for some part time work and i'm a keen footballer so one of my priorities is finding a football team. If any has any advice or help it would be much appreciated!

James
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Well my Tassie dream came to an abrupt end so if anyone is looking to buy I have two lovely properties in the Huon Valley for sale
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teabag
Well my Tassie dream came to an abrupt end so if anyone is looking to buy I have two lovely properties in the Huon Valley for sale
Hi James whats happened?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.