Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi Carl,
Nice to see someone else moving to the north. Now the next question are you looking around the Launceston area??? What sort of things do you want in the area you are looking to live(Do you want semi rural or town living) and where are you looking at going to work???
Let us know and will give you some answers.
Gary
Hello Gary.

We were thinking of Wynyard, ULverstone, Devonport, Georgetown, Burnie we think a more rural location but not to far from a community. We have four kids 12, 11, 4 & 7 months so somthing for them would be good, the Mrs likes shopping good schools.
I am a hairdresser so will be looking for a job in a salon and my wife is a novelty cake maker. this she does from home.

How long have you been in Tasmania? and where have you come from

Regards
Carl
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:07 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi Carl,
From what you have said, I would recommend being closer to Launceston, As for schools we don't have great idea, Our little one is 19 months old. We looking at home schooling, We live 25 mins from Launceston and are in a rural place its amazing. We have sheep and chickens, The sheep are for the wool as my wife spins wool and knits. The chickens are for eggs and meat.
I'm off to work but will reply with more details when I get home.
Take care Carl.
Gary
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:47 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hello Gary.

We were thinking of Wynyard, ULverstone, Devonport, Georgetown, Burnie we think a more rural location but not to far from a community. We have four kids 12, 11, 4 & 7 months so somthing for them would be good, the Mrs likes shopping good schools.
I am a hairdresser so will be looking for a job in a salon and my wife is a novelty cake maker. this she does from home.

Regards
Carl
Hi Carl sorry no kids so cannot help there, we are in Bridport, North East its a small coastal town very popular for holiday makers and is pretty remote really.

its very difficult to answer your question, as what one person likes another doesnt etc but here are my opinions:

personally I would stay away from Georgetown, it hasnt got a good reputation and is certainly not the nicest of places lots of housing association etc, corrupt council plus it is next to where the proposed pulp mill is going to be.

Over on west coast places are closer together so even though you are remote its not like the north east, Devonport is ok some nice houses, Wynard is very nice, we prefer it to Ulverstone, Penguin no dead as a dodo, Burnie quiet a nice city better than Devenport recently had quiet a bit of money spent on it, depends on what you like really?

best thing to do is find a job get a short term rental (6 months) then take off at weekends to check out other areas.

if the missus likes shopping then there are regular flights to Melbourne cos if its one thing tassie aint got is decent shops!

I am from South Yorkshire and OH from Peak District we have been here 3 yrs in march.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by Possums
Hi Carl sorry no kids so cannot help there, we are in Bridport, North East its a small coastal town very popular for holiday makers and is pretty remote really.

its very difficult to answer your question, as what one person likes another doesnt etc but here are my opinions:

personally I would stay away from Georgetown, it hasnt got a good reputation and is certainly not the nicest of places lots of housing association etc, corrupt council plus it is next to where the proposed pulp mill is going to be.

Over on west coast places are closer together so even though you are remote its not like the north east, Devonport is ok some nice houses, Wynard is very nice, we prefer it to Ulverstone, Penguin no dead as a dodo, Burnie quiet a nice city better than Devenport recently had quiet a bit of money spent on it, depends on what you like really?

best thing to do is find a job get a short term rental (6 months) then take off at weekends to check out other areas.

if the missus likes shopping then there are regular flights to Melbourne cos if its one thing tassie aint got is decent shops!

I am from South Yorkshire and OH from Peak District we have been here 3 yrs in march.
Hi and thanks for that

We are from Yorkshire too Bridlington hoping to arrive in May. I fyou think of any other information that you think i should know please tell me.

Regards
Carl
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Its been sooo long since I popped in to have a nose at you lot!!

Glad to see all is still good.

We are back on track with regards to getting to Oz within this millennium...Still doing bits about the house (not really needed!) to make it as as saleable as possible ...that way if it doesn't sell we will know we can't do anymore and I will have a better house to be stuck in!!

Zoe xx
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:01 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Its been sooo long since I popped in to have a nose at you lot!!

Glad to see all is still good.

We are back on track with regards to getting to Oz within this millennium...Still doing bits about the house (not really needed!) to make it as as saleable as possible ...that way if it doesn't sell we will know we can't do anymore and I will have a better house to be stuck in!!

Zoe xx
Good luck with it all Zoe

we've had a fab summer its been scorching lovely today we have some much needed rain, my roses are very happy
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

siamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nice

Hello Gary.

Regards
Carl
Hi Carl, I am in northern Tasmania,west Tamar/on the river Tamar, gosh it would be lovely to have a great hair stylist here, let us know when you are planning on coming over.

Susie
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

hi all...

Its been a while since I popped my head in here... its been pretty chaotic but am around now...

anyone going to Evandale for the Penny Farthing races on Saturday or to the Launceston cup next week? I cant quite decide between the Penny Farthing races or the opening of the Fairies shop lol (although I know which the little one would prefer )
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

siamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Effie1970
hi all...

Its been a while since I popped my head in here... its been pretty chaotic but am around now...

anyone going to Evandale for the Penny Farthing races on Saturday or to the Launceston cup next week? I cant quite decide between the Penny Farthing races or the opening of the Fairies shop lol (although I know which the little one would prefer )
Off to the Lonnie cup! looking forward to it lovely weather right now.... Susie
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:48 am
(^v^)

hi all...

Hiya Effie we are going to the Penny Farthing races

did you go to festivale? had a great day
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

Possums - might see you there

yep, went to Festivale for a couple of hours on Sat evening - was helping out at the parenting tent in return for free tickets lol

We are going to the cup too (first time since we moved here) child free!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:28 pm
(^v^)

Possums - might see you there

yep, went to Festivale for a couple of hours on Sat evening - was helping out at the parenting tent in return for free tickets lol

We are going to the cup too (first time since we moved here) child free!
Hiya did you go? it was a fantastic day really loved it and recommend it for a good day out, jeez those guys are fit!!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Possums
Hiya did you go? it was a fantastic day really loved it and recommend it for a good day out, jeez those guys are fit!!
hmmm, best not to ask mate... we didnt get there in the end

We are going to the cup on Weds though (child free day out!)

and I have volunteered to be part of a team doing the Relay for Life on Saturday - so if anyone is interested in sponsoring me pls let me know! I'm going to take DD with me for an hour or so of the walk and do 2-3 hrs myself.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:24 pm
(^v^)

hmmm, best not to ask mate... we didnt get there in the end

We are going to the cup on Weds though (child free day out!)

and I have volunteered to be part of a team doing the Relay for Life on Saturday - so if anyone is interested in sponsoring me pls let me know! I'm going to take DD with me for an hour or so of the walk and do 2-3 hrs myself.
shame, not going to the Cup Col is working and i am not bothered about it really.

where is the relay for life taking place, I will sponsor you pm me what you need etcc
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:59 am
Just Joined

kettle8632 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Gary.

Regards
Carl

Hi there,

We live in Latrobe and we love it here. Only 7mins from Devonport and an hour from Launceston.

We've been here just over a year, and loving the more relaxed way of live. A lot different to Northampton!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.