Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:13 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Oh my god that is too freaky, I thought I was the only person in the world that was allergic to horses!!! I love them but like you can't go near them. I even get a reaction when I touch a fence that a horse has rubbed against.

By the way how do you do the quote a certain paragraph thingy that you do? and you manage to quote different peeps in one post Sorry to sound a bit of a thicky
Hi Kerry I'm allergic to cats dogs rabbits you name it but horses are the worse just shocking, some people we know have just bought a Mal-Shi http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/malshi.htm
the cutest thing i've ever seen, had to have a cuddle 6 hrs later still paying for it!!

you click on the multi quote button next to the reply button, click the multi quote for each post then for the last post of your selection click reply.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:07 am
Just Joined

-Billybob- will become famous soon enough-Billybob- will become famous soon enough

By the way how do you do the quote a certain paragraph thingy that you do? and you manage to quote different peeps in one post Sorry to sound a bit of a thicky[/QUOTE]

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I thought I was thick!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by -Billybob-
By the way how do you do the quote a certain paragraph thingy that you do? and you manage to quote different peeps in one post Sorry to sound a bit of a thicky

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I thought I was thick!!![/QUOTE]

Who asked you Billybob? get back to your banjo strumming and by the way are your mum and dad related? And you are thick!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:16 am
Just Joined

-Billybob- will become famous soon enough-Billybob- will become famous soon enough

Who asked you Billybob? get back to your banjo strumming and by the way are your mum and dad related? And you are thick![/QUOTE]

Of course they were!!! you should see me brother no chin and an Adam's apple the size of a ballcock!!!

Anyway lets keep the thread on course no mindless chit-chat:curse:
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
Hi Kerry I'm allergic to cats dogs rabbits you name it but horses are the worse just shocking, some people we know have just bought a Mal-Shi http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/malshi.htm
the cutest thing i've ever seen, had to have a cuddle 6 hrs later still paying for it!!

you click on the multi quote button next to the reply button, click the multi quote for each post then for the last post of your selection click reply.
I used to be allergic to cats and dogs too, but for some strange reason I'm not too bad now. If I rub my eyes after stroking the dog, I get a bit of an itch on, but not half as bad as I used to be. Back in the Uk I tried my luck with a Kerrie Blue a kind of poodle like dog that doesn't malt, but I was allergic to that too. But yeah horses were the worst with me too, I haven't been brave enough to see if I still am though, as if I am then the results are horrific!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Cathy

Back from my early morning exercise, luckily there was no one around to see 8women bouncing around the park, it was fine apart from the fact it was raining, typical we hardly have any rain here but it did it today, anyway shows we must have been really keen!
Think I will ache a bit tomorrow, with the riding yesterday as well

Sam[/COLOR]

Hi Sam, glad the exercise went well - despite the rain! Sounds good if there were a few of you though. Where did you hear about it? was it advertised in the local paper or something?
Hope you dont ache tomorrow! x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

yep lots of arty people over on the west, well they are all over really but I've noticed it more over there. Some stalls are from the mainland though not just local stuff.

yeah the lunch is here

guy fawkes isnt celebrated here, it was just coincidental that a friend had 2 big bonfires to burn before the restrictions come in, so had one on saturday and they are going to light the other on wednesday which happens to be bonfire night! so going to have a few fireworks as well

I wasn't sure if Guy Fawkes night was celebrated in Oz, not that i particularly celebrate it myself! I think this year we might take the kids to the local firework display though - depends on how cold it is though!!!
when are the restrictions for burning stuff over there? is it from mid-November or something?
Cathy
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I used to be allergic to cats and dogs too, but for some strange reason I'm not too bad now. If I rub my eyes after stroking the dog, I get a bit of an itch on, but not half as bad as I used to be. Back in the Uk I tried my luck with a Kerrie Blue a kind of poodle like dog that doesn't malt, but I was allergic to that too. But yeah horses were the worst with me too, I haven't been brave enough to see if I still am though, as if I am then the results are horrific!
I never imagined you and Possums would have animal allergies - what with you both living quite rurally is it were! Good job Kerry that you're not allergic to sheep!
I have a problem with horses myself - but only the kind in that it takes two men and a box to stand on to help me get onto one!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Sam, glad the exercise went well - despite the rain! Sounds good if there were a few of you though. Where did you hear about it? was it advertised in the local paper or something?
Hope you dont ache tomorrow! x
Hi Cathy

I do ache today but I think that's more from the riding than the keep fit but she did say she was being gentle on us yesterday so we'll have to see what tomorrow is like! We had a flyer pushed through the mail box about it and usually I look at these things and think I should do it but then forget about it but I've seen the photos of me from Sydney and there's definitely an extra roll of fat around my middle that didn't used to be there and that was enough to spur me on I've paid in advance for the whole course, so come rain or shine I'm going to be there at 6.30 (if I hadn't paid in advance I'd have found excuses not to do it)

Sam
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:35 am
Old Member

TassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by -Billybob-
Who asked you Billybob? get back to your banjo strumming and by the way are your mum and dad related? And you are thick!
Of course they were!!! you should see me brother no chin and an Adam's apple the size of a ballcock!!!

Anyway lets keep the thread on course no mindless chit-chat:curse:
Bless you
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TassieBear
Bless you
I'm sorry did someone sneeze?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I never imagined you and Possums would have animal allergies - what with you both living quite rurally is it were! Good job Kerry that you're not allergic to sheep!
I have a problem with horses myself - but only the kind in that it takes two men and a box to stand on to help me get onto one!!!
lol I am actually allergic to sheep too! They aren't particularly tame sheep, so I don't touch them much. The only time I need to touch them is to round them up for shearing and sorting out the lambs tails and cutting their toe nails. But I jump straight into the shower afterwards, otherwise I end up looking something like the elephant man!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:53 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't sure if Guy Fawkes night was celebrated in Oz, not that i particularly celebrate it myself! I think this year we might take the kids to the local firework display though - depends on how cold it is though!!!
when are the restrictions for burning stuff over there? is it from mid-November or something?
Cathy
yes november to march, these people live on 5 acres so have a permit to burn rubbish .. dont really know that much about it to be honest, we only have a litte 900sqm plot!

I loved bonfire night in the UK hot soup jacket potatoes and bonfire toffee yum!

had a good day today not won much on the cup though, managed to place but only got $8!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:56 am
(^v^)

yeah I was always told I'd be ok with a poodle never tested it out, but been near one of those labradoodle things here and I'm still allergic!

lol I am actually allergic to sheep too! They aren't particularly tame sheep, so I don't touch them much. The only time I need to touch them is to round them up for shearing and sorting out the lambs tails and cutting their toe nails. But I jump straight into the shower afterwards, otherwise I end up looking something like the elephant man!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:54 pm
Old Member

TassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to all

I loved bonfire night in the UK hot soup jacket potatoes and bonfire toffee yum! :
Well on Saturday night it was absolutely poring down with rain and the fireworks almost got canned at my place

Jacket Potatoes - Tick
Bonfire - rented house so a big No
Fireworks let off by drunken men - Tick
Kids with sparklers - Tick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.