Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:17 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Yep I am big, well my belly is anyway, I am actually carrying the weight of a full term baby now-just to put my belly into perspective for you! I still have at least 3 more months to go! I have lots of energy but my legs and back feel like they should be attached to a 90 year old. I'm getting scans every 3 weeks and seeing the obstetrician every 3 weeks also, just to check they are both growing at the same rate. So I am being closely monitored, and to be honest it's great seeing them on the screen. They are becoming very vigorous and moving a lot, I think they might have had a punch up in there tonight!
OMG Kerry cant believe you have lots of energy it sounds knackering!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
OMG Kerry cant believe you have lots of energy it sounds knackering!
Yep I feel like I could do anything normal, but my legs can't keep up! ha ha I've never actually felt so healthy before, just really achy. Sometimes I get a bit carried away doing stuff, then over do it, by the end of the day I ache badly!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Yep I feel like I could do anything normal, but my legs can't keep up! ha ha I've never actually felt so healthy before, just really achy. Sometimes I get a bit carried away doing stuff, then over do it, by the end of the day I ache badly!
I remember those feelings well! I used to misjudge walking near things - forgetting that my belly was huge so i'd bump into the kitchen worktop or sink! I wasn't warned i was having a big baby & Jared turned out to be over 10lb Just imagine how big you're going to get still with a few more months to go! I hope you stay
energetic through out!

Possums - I guess we'd prob be ok with our shoes in our cases - altho we back onto farmers fields we never actually walk on them!

Last edited by travelbug; Mar 31st 2009 at 6:34 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi All, had a late notice viewing yesterday afternoon. Had to have a quick rush around as we had loads of washing out on the line & stuff like that Will see if anything comes of it - altho the couple didn't ask much about our house - more questions about our neighbours! they'd moved out of our area 3 years ago because of trouble with theirs but miss the area & want to come back. They'd had a survey done on another house near us but it had brought up problems. Have to see if anything comes of it but i'm not sure if our house was what they're particularly looking for...

Anyway, Hope you all have a fab weekend whatever you've got planned. Hope the weather's still being kind to you all!

take care all
Cathy
Old Apr 4th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi All, had a late notice viewing yesterday afternoon. Had to have a quick rush around as we had loads of washing out on the line & stuff like that Will see if anything comes of it - altho the couple didn't ask much about our house - more questions about our neighbours! they'd moved out of our area 3 years ago because of trouble with theirs but miss the area & want to come back. They'd had a survey done on another house near us but it had brought up problems. Have to see if anything comes of it but i'm not sure if our house was what they're particularly looking for...

Anyway, Hope you all have a fab weekend whatever you've got planned. Hope the weather's still being kind to you all!

take care all
Cathy
Cant believe Agent has rung back with couple's feedback already. They liked our house - but not some flats down the road from us! Apparently according to the agent this is due to their paranoia regarding bad neighbours!!! aaargh...back to the drawing board again! Lets see if we get anymore viewers this weekend!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Cant believe Agent has rung back with couple's feedback already. They liked our house - but not some flats down the road from us! Apparently according to the agent this is due to their paranoia regarding bad neighbours!!! aaargh...back to the drawing board again! Lets see if we get anymore viewers this weekend!

Sorry to hear they were not the ones Cathy but hopefully with the Easter holidays coming up, you should get some more viewers. It was that time last year that we got our offer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be the same for you too

Have been busy in the garden today, oiling the new deck and mowing the lawn for the first time (wish we had bought our old mower from the UK, had to buy a new one) The grass has grown really well, thanks to some heavy rain and plenty of sunshine, we've got about 10 bags of grass clippings to take to the tip tomorrow and unfortunately they charge you here, unless it's recyclable waste. Hopefully the growth will slow down as the weather gets a bit cooler! Ally went for a surf lesson as well, the sea is starting to get a bit too chilly, I think, he comes out with blue lips!

Sam
Old Apr 4th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Sorry to hear they were not the ones Cathy but hopefully with the Easter holidays coming up, you should get some more viewers. It was that time last year that we got our offer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be the same for you too

Have been busy in the garden today, oiling the new deck and mowing the lawn for the first time (wish we had bought our old mower from the UK, had to buy a new one) The grass has grown really well, thanks to some heavy rain and plenty of sunshine, we've got about 10 bags of grass clippings to take to the tip tomorrow and unfortunately they charge you here, unless it's recyclable waste. Hopefully the growth will slow down as the weather gets a bit cooler! Ally went for a surf lesson as well, the sea is starting to get a bit too chilly, I think, he comes out with blue lips!

Sam
Hi Sam, thanks for your message. Fingerscrossed the Easter hols will bring a few more people out house hunting! I think we find it frustrating because we've been ready to move for a while now, & altho there's plenty of houses that are still unsold about, & ones that have been up much longer than ours, we think that unless people are in the selling situation that they must start to wonder what's wrong with your house!
I'm fed up of talking to people in work & being asked "still here then?" i then have to explain yet again that it's because we've not sold the house & i'm glad there's plenty of work friends that have been round to my house & can vouch for me that there's nothing wrong with it !
I think some people must think we've been trying since we got our visa's in April 07!

Glad to hear your garden is coming along well. Shocked to hear that you have to pay to dump grass cuttings though. We normally have loads, some we do put in the composter, but Andy normally gets through quite a few green bags every year. What are the recycle procedures on the Island?
Do you get sacks from the local councils for any recyclable stuff? We were a bit horrified when we stayed with Andy's relatives in Perth that they didnt seem to recycle anything other than glass bottles - they threw everything into one big wheelie bin outside their house. But i think that might just have been them rather than them not being able to recycle in their area

Also, how do they calculate your local council tax bill in Tas? do they operate a similar system to what the UK introduced - ie, property price bands? Our bill over here is now over £1,500 a year so interested to see what the average comparison is in Tas.

Hope Ally manages to get in a few more surf lessons before the water gets too cold for him!

Cathy
Old Apr 5th 2009, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hey Cathy, sorry to hear about the buyers not liking the flats down the road!

I think each local council have different recycle procedures, when we were at moonah we had two bins, one for recyclables and one for rubbish. As we are now semi rural, we have the option of having to pay another $100 on our rates and having rubbish collected, I've seen people putting out black crates with recycables, but they are very small. Or we get 12 tip vouchers that allow us to visit the tip 12 times a year free of charge and we don't pay the $100 on our rates. If we run out of vouchers, which we did, it's $3 for each run. Our grass clippings go on our huuuge compost heap that we have here, I also get the neighbours to put their clippings on there too, it saves them doing extra tip runs and it's great for my veggie garden. The main reason why we don't get our rubbish collected is because our driveway is too long to wheel a bin down there and back up again as our house is way off the road up on a hillside.
With regards to rates all things are considered ie: if you have septic or use the local sewage pipes. If you are on town water or tanks. If you have a refuse collection. And the value of your land and property.
The water is in with your rates and if you are renting you don't pay rates or water. We do have a water meter on the property, but it never gets read, we know this because it doesn't even work!! I think that is just to make sure that we aren't going mad with the town water by watering 12 acres of land! A couple of the houses opposite have been given huuuuge water bills because their land is blatantly greener than the rest and it's obvious they have been taking the micheal with the water, even though the water is included in their rates. Our rates are $1500 a year or there abouts and we pay this quarterly. We are on septic tank and don't have a refuse collection.
I hope that gives you a fair idea of what it's all about.

Kerry
x
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey Cathy, sorry to hear about the buyers not liking the flats down the road!

I think each local council have different recycle procedures, when we were at moonah we had two bins, one for recyclables and one for rubbish. As we are now semi rural, we have the option of having to pay another $100 on our rates and having rubbish collected, I've seen people putting out black crates with recycables, but they are very small. Or we get 12 tip vouchers that allow us to visit the tip 12 times a year free of charge and we don't pay the $100 on our rates. If we run out of vouchers, which we did, it's $3 for each run. Our grass clippings go on our huuuge compost heap that we have here, I also get the neighbours to put their clippings on there too, it saves them doing extra tip runs and it's great for my veggie garden. The main reason why we don't get our rubbish collected is because our driveway is too long to wheel a bin down there and back up again as our house is way off the road up on a hillside.
With regards to rates all things are considered ie: if you have septic or use the local sewage pipes. If you are on town water or tanks. If you have a refuse collection. And the value of your land and property.
The water is in with your rates and if you are renting you don't pay rates or water. We do have a water meter on the property, but it never gets read, we know this because it doesn't even work!! I think that is just to make sure that we aren't going mad with the town water by watering 12 acres of land! A couple of the houses opposite have been given huuuuge water bills because their land is blatantly greener than the rest and it's obvious they have been taking the micheal with the water, even though the water is included in their rates. Our rates are $1500 a year or there abouts and we pay this quarterly. We are on septic tank and don't have a refuse collection.
I hope that gives you a fair idea of what it's all about.

Kerry
x

Hi Kerry, thanks for all the info - all interesting to know . It's things like this that i guess you dont think about until the times comes that you have to pay for such services. Such things seem so different in comparison to the UK, and it's nice to have an idea of the kind of things you might have to pay seperately for before you arrive...
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:23 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this Cathy
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to hear this Cathy
Hi Possums. thanks
Didn't have any other viewings this weekend. We've said we'll give our current agent Easter weekend as his last chance to try and get us some more viewers & then if no luck then we'll be giving him his notice and going with another local agent.
At least from this week i'll be working less hours at work - so at least that's something good to happen.

Hope you're well...
Cathy
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:48 am
(^v^)

Hi Possums. thanks
Didn't have any other viewings this weekend. We've said we'll give our current agent Easter weekend as his last chance to try and get us some more viewers & then if no luck then we'll be giving him his notice and going with another local agent.
At least from this week i'll be working less hours at work - so at least that's something good to happen.

Hope you're well...
Cathy
Hiya yes I'm fine thanks Cathy wish I could magic up a buyer for you mate

we had a great weekend away and its our test tomorrow!!! will let you know how we went on.

are the kids excited about all the easter eggs coming their way?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

we had a great weekend away and its our test tomorrow!!! will let you know how we went on.

Glad you had a good weekend away!
I'd forgotten it was your test tomorrow - GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you dont need it - but i'm sending it anyway

Jared hasn't a clue about Easter really - but Eden is well aware!
I've only bought them a small egg each this year & have got them a new book each instead. They get eggs/sweets from family & friends as well so they'll end up with more than enough anyway... Will you get one another an egg ? the cadbury's chocolate tastes really different in Oz doesnt it.

Cathy
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for the test

Sam
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:05 am
(^v^)

Glad you had a good weekend away!
I'd forgotten it was your test tomorrow - GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you dont need it - but i'm sending it anyway

Jared hasn't a clue about Easter really - but Eden is well aware!
I've only bought them a small egg each this year & have got them a new book each instead. They get eggs/sweets from family & friends as well so they'll end up with more than enough anyway... Will you get one another an egg ? the cadbury's chocolate tastes really different in Oz doesnt it.

Cathy
thanks no I dont want anymore chocolate, I got given a box the other week then won chocolate in two raffles and my sister has sent me a big bar in the post!!!

yes it does taste different, seems more sweeter to me. I certainly dont eat as much as I used to in the UK which is a good thing

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Good luck for the test

Sam
thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.