Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
My band is playing at the Grand in Huonville tonight if anyone's around the area.

Applied for citizenship yesterday and hopefully we'll be able to attend the ceremony on Sandy Bay beach on Australia Day 2009.

That's good about the citizenship application. Is Sandy Bay the only place where the ceremonies are held in the Hobart area?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hey guys have you heard about this new movie coming out.........................

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_DbW9PmpCH4

Very funny ...
talking about the actual Australia movie though, is anyone planning on seeing it at the cinema? one of my friends that lives just outside of Sydney saw it last week and said it was very good.
I rather fancy seeing it myself - but have ulterior motives seeing as i rather like Hugh Jackman! It's not out over here until Boxing Day though so looks like you guys are getting it a month earlier than us!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by travelbug
That's good about the citizenship application. Is Sandy Bay the only place where the ceremonies are held in the Hobart area?
I think that each council holds it's own ceremonies, I remember reading about the Glenorchy Council holding one on Aus day this year.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Just a quick question.
Generally what's the weather like in March?
Hoping to come to spend a week then. Never been to Tasmania but really like the sound of it.
#
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:59 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pata
Just a quick question.
Generally what's the weather like in March?
Hoping to come to spend a week then. Never been to Tasmania but really like the sound of it.
#
Hi its lovely in March, was very warm this year
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a good week? I have had a bad cold/cough for a week now - so am feeling sorry for myself
As i've had extra time on my hands this week - i've been looking at various bits on the internet. One thing being flights... Obviously i have no idea when we might be over yet, but what i was looking at was the difference in prices each month during 2009 for booking either one-way or return tickets....

Has anyone ever bought returns - and used the return upto 12months after your arrival? Not thinking of it as something to use in order to come back to the UK for good - but more of a "incase of emergency option"....maybe even just one adult return rather than all 4 of us...

Cathy
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a good week? I have had a bad cold/cough for a week now - so am feeling sorry for myself
As i've had extra time on my hands this week - i've been looking at various bits on the internet. One thing being flights... Obviously i have no idea when we might be over yet, but what i was looking at was the difference in prices each month during 2009 for booking either one-way or return tickets....

Has anyone ever bought returns - and used the return upto 12months after your arrival? Not thinking of it as something to use in order to come back to the UK for good - but more of a "incase of emergency option"....maybe even just one adult return rather than all 4 of us...

Cathy
I have been thinking along the same lines as there is a family wedding in August.
Difference of about 300 quid between one way and return, that,s from Scotland to Brisbane leaving Feb.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have been thinking along the same lines as there is a family wedding in August.
Difference of about 300 quid between one way and return, that,s from Scotland to Brisbane leaving Feb.
Hi there what airline was that with? that's much cheaper difference between one way and return than i have managed to find so far, but i have been looking at flights to Melbourne and not Brisbane...
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there what airline was that with? that's much cheaper difference between one way and return than i have managed to find so far, but i have been looking at flights to Melbourne and not Brisbane...
My head is like mince I've looked at that many!
I think that one was cathay pacific.
558 one way and 800 (can't remember exact figure) return.
What one way prices have you got?
Where are you flying from?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

My head is like mince I've looked at that many!
I think that one was cathay pacific.
558 one way and 800 (can't remember exact figure) return.
What one way prices have you got?
Where are you flying from?

That's quite a good price for February. I looked at mid-April on Emirates (which we weren't that keen on last time we flew but they're quite competitive price wise), for 2 adults, 2 kids - one way was GBP2,010.60, return was £3,020.00 - so only £250 each for a return flight (although on the website that was only 7 months in advance of the flying out date as that was as far as it would go on the dates option!). I think most sites require you to ring and book if you want the 12months return option....
I'm probably wasting my time looking before i know a month/date that would be of interest - but it's amazing how much the prices can vary.
We would be flying out of Heathrow i would imagine - although you can fly from Gatwick with Emirates...both not too far from where we live at the moment.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

yes but if you did return to UK you still have to buy another one way back to Oz - might be false economy? Unless your looking for an escape ticket
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Teabag
yes but if you did return to UK you still have to buy another one way back to Oz - might be false economy? Unless your looking for an escape ticket
Hi You're probably right Not sure either whether i could actually do the "just one return for one adult" bit either....Dont think i could travel that far back without the kids.... I know Andy would never be in a rush to come back
Seriously though, the main reason i'm thinking of considering this is because of my parents ill-health. We've had a few scares already this year with my Dad and his illness will worsen rather than improve over time. At least with return tickets i know i wouldn't then be in a rush to travel back on a certain date...i could then book a further one-way ticket back to Oz whenever i needed to...
It's something that will probably be decided once we sell the house and how much we get for it!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:12 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Cathy
Hi Cathy we bought returns simply because we found a great deal, only 100 quid per ticket difference between return and one way, and yes we used them 12 months later. of course we had to then buy tickets from uk again but flights from UK are cheaper than from here so what with family illness etc its worked out well for me. Its good to know I have a ticket where I can ring anytime and get on a flight and a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for an emergency flight.

Just make sure the ticket is valid for 12 months (most are) and that there is no or minimal charge to change return date, cos when you book you have to give a return date and you cant book that far in advance. so you need to change that when you get here.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:18 pm
(^v^)

That's quite a good price for February. I looked at mid-April on Emirates (which we weren't that keen on last time we flew but they're quite competitive price wise), for 2 adults, 2 kids - one way was GBP2,010.60, return was £3,020.00 - so only £250 each for a return flight (although on the website that was only 7 months in advance of the flying out date as that was as far as it would go on the dates option!). I think most sites require you to ring and book if you want the 12months return option....
I'm probably wasting my time looking before i know a month/date that would be of interest - but it's amazing how much the prices can vary.
We would be flying out of Heathrow i would imagine - although you can fly from Gatwick with Emirates...both not too far from where we live at the moment.
we always use Travelmood http://www.travelmood.com/
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
we always use Travelmood http://www.travelmood.com/
That's who we always use, they are great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.