Tasmania??

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by kezzabird
You'll be fine. Take plenty of stuff to keep him occupied or distracted from throwing a wobbly. Our littlun was hard work to keep occupied, you've got 3 others to keep him occupied so you should be fine. Take sweeties to bribe him too, I know they say you shouldn't do that but at desperate times needs must and all that!!

Duncan has an Aunt and Uncle in Melbourne so could be paying them a visit on the way through.

Kerry
Hi Kerry

Just a quick update! We are looking to complete on our house sale next Friday ( alot quicker than we thought!) and have found a rental for 3 month £600 PCM, (more than our mortgage but its short term) . Hope yours is going well. We are looking at Sept 20th to book flights as soon as those final bloody things are signed! :-)

Bye for now

Zoe
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jerzo
Hi Kerry

Just a quick update! We are looking to complete on our house sale next Friday ( alot quicker than we thought!) and have found a rental for 3 month £600 PCM, (more than our mortgage but its short term) . Hope yours is going well. We are looking at Sept 20th to book flights as soon as those final bloody things are signed! :-)

Bye for now

Zoe
Wow thats great news. We still haven't heard about ours yet. I guess no news is good news! Did you get on their case or did you just let them get on with it?

I'm doing a carboot on Sunday, weather permitting!!

Kerry
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Wow thats great news. We still haven't heard about ours yet. I guess no news is good news! Did you get on their case or did you just let them get on with it?

I'm doing a carboot on Sunday, weather permitting!!

Kerry
I had planned to do a car boot either this weekend or next week, as you said weather permitting(its crap isn't it??)

No we didn't do anything with the solicitors, I was really shocked, i'm happy to stay here til we go as long as it all goes through ok, but thats not the case so at last we will be able to confidently book all the flights etc....
Did have a panic when we couldn't find any 3 month rentals and thought we'd have to go at the end of July and as they have snow at the minute it didn't float my boat really!!!

Keep me updated and let me know how your car boot sale goes xx

Zoe :-)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hi folks

Just thought I'd pop this in. Its an interesting read.

http://www.tasmaniatogether.tas.gov.au/

Kerry
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi folks

Just thought I'd pop this in. Its an interesting read.

http://www.tasmaniatogether.tas.gov.au/

Kerry
Hi Kerry

I'll have alook at it now, hows' everything with you????

Zo
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kerry

I'll have alook at it now, hows' everything with you????

Zo
Still no date to exchange! My EA reckons it'll be about 2 weeks time. I'm still not making any flight arrangements till I know for sure. Been itching to do a car booty but the bloody weather has been horrific!!!

Found out my local middle school are doing some sort of fundraising thing this weekend so booking a table there to sell some stuff. Duncan has finally put his off road racer on ebay so soon I'll be able to have a garage sale. Oh what fun!!

Hows things with yourself you out of your house yet?

Kezza
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:20 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Hobart Beer Festival

Hi all,
Just found out about this event and if any of you nice people are over there when it happens(December 1st) feel free to give me a shout. Me and my wife land in Tasmania on December 1st and I'm off to beer festival with my wifes mum's partner!!!! Give my wife some time with her mum with them not seeing each other for around 2 years!!!!
Hope to see some of you down there!!!!
http://www.hobartbeerfest.com/index.php
Gary
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Tasmania??

Still no date to exchange! My EA reckons it'll be about 2 weeks time. I'm still not making any flight arrangements till I know for sure. Been itching to do a car booty but the bloody weather has been horrific!!!

Found out my local middle school are doing some sort of fundraising thing this weekend so booking a table there to sell some stuff. Duncan has finally put his off road racer on ebay so soon I'll be able to have a garage sale. Oh what fun!!

Hows things with yourself you out of your house yet?

Kezza
Hiya

Nope we are still here and for a while it seems :curse: Our buyers,buyer pulled out! with 4 days to completion (cue lots of swearing and the like!!)
really disappointed but what can you do ?? its the bloody system in this country anyway i'll not go on and on i'm fed up of it all,at least I held off booking anything I don't know how i'd cope with having everything booked up Aaarrghhh

So Jerad decided he needed to get his mind off it so we booked a hol in Menorca for a chill out week ( yes as if with 4 kids )

I hope it's still Sept that we go in but if not its not a problem what will be and all that crap ( everyone keeps telling me,so it must be true!!!!!)

Glad things are going well for you and all falls into place v.quick it will be a fab feeling to have that one thing out of the way won't it???

Keep me posted

Zo
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya

Nope we are still here and for a while it seems :curse: Our buyers,buyer pulled out! with 4 days to completion (cue lots of swearing and the like!!)
really disappointed but what can you do ?? its the bloody system in this country anyway i'll not go on and on i'm fed up of it all,at least I held off booking anything I don't know how i'd cope with having everything booked up Aaarrghhh

So Jerad decided he needed to get his mind off it so we booked a hol in Menorca for a chill out week ( yes as if with 4 kids )

I hope it's still Sept that we go in but if not its not a problem what will be and all that crap ( everyone keeps telling me,so it must be true!!!!!)

Glad things are going well for you and all falls into place v.quick it will be a fab feeling to have that one thing out of the way won't it???

Keep me posted

Zo
Ah Menorca, how lovely we went there when alex was 8 months old. Its lovely there, very family orientated. And the locals are very friendly too. When are you off to Menorca then?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Hobart Beer Festival

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi all,
Just found out about this event and if any of you nice people are over there when it happens(December 1st) feel free to give me a shout. Me and my wife land in Tasmania on December 1st and I'm off to beer festival with my wifes mum's partner!!!! Give my wife some time with her mum with them not seeing each other for around 2 years!!!!
Hope to see some of you down there!!!!
http://www.hobartbeerfest.com/index.php
Gary
Sounds good might just see you there!

Kerry
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah Menorca, how lovely we went there when alex was 8 months old. Its lovely there, very family orientated. And the locals are very friendly too. When are you off to Menorca then?
On the 16th of july!!

we have been twice before so we have an idea of where to go, we hired a car to go all over the island again.

Better start packing!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

On the 16th of july!!

we have been twice before so we have an idea of where to go, we hired a car to go all over the island again.

Better start packing!
Bloody hell woman you don't go for another 10 days your stuff will be creased to buggery!!

I'm sooooo jealous, I'd love to go on a mini hol too but we just can't afford it right now. We've got loads on credit cards and relying on the equity in the house to get us and our stuff to Oz and pay off c. cards! All our savings went on the hol to Aus last year! Its bloody annoying cos we usually go away at least twice a year the hol to Aus and the costs to get visa's bled us dry. :curse:
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Tasmania??

Bloody hell woman you don't go for another 10 days your stuff will be creased to buggery!!

I'm sooooo jealous, I'd love to go on a mini hol too but we just can't afford it right now. We've got loads on credit cards and relying on the equity in the house to get us and our stuff to Oz and pay off c. cards! All our savings went on the hol to Aus last year! Its bloody annoying cos we usually go away at least twice a year the hol to Aus and the costs to get visa's bled us dry. :curse:
Don't worry i wasn't meaning it literally!!!( the packing)

I just had better get down to all the sales that have popped up this week and get some more clothes, bikinis ( dread ) and sun spray
I would have loved to have a hol in Aus first but like you said it bleeds you dry so we are going to have this hol and thats it .

Like you we are relying on the money from the house to pay for all flights etc.... not like some others on here who have a small fortune to start with and then get a monstrous mortgage when they get to Oz Stress straight away :curse:

Off to cook Dinner (yay!!)

Zo
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Smoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Hi just been looking at other options and would like to know if anyone else is heading for Tasmania and if they have any information to pass on that I may find useful?
Only just started looking at Tasmania so any help or info on websites etc appreciated!
I am a nurse too so will also post this on nursing forums to find out about nursing options and local hospitals.
Hi there - have you got to Tasie yet? I gather you realise from reading the responses, that we do get well above 21 degrees during summer (this is actually the median average temp during summer).. and work opportunities for nurses are huge!! Let me know if you have any more questions..
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Rather freezing today though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.