Tasmania??

Old May 29th 2007, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
LOL neither can I to be honest! My life is complicated at the best of times! Yes I am going with my hubby and son! He changed his mind...just had some wobbles!
Ahhh. I did wonder if you'd met someone else, I thought you were an extra fast worker Glad it's working out for you. It'll be easier for you with hubby rather than being a single mum.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:06 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carina
Hi Kezzabird

Yes, my hubby is a Diesel fitter like yours ! We haven't been to an Expo as yet, but it would be great if you could pm me with the lady's email your were talking about. I would like to get in touch with her, and send Karls CV.

I'll let you know how we get on. Thanks for your offer of help, if we run into any problems. As you say this forum is brill, so much info on here, and such helpful people.

I cant wait to get on with it all, there is so much to sort out, I am not very patient. Its a waiting game is'nt it !!

Hope to hear from you again soon
Carina
check out this website

http://www.development.tas.gov.au/migration/index.html
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Possoms

Great web site - thanks for that. Hows things going for you in Tas ?

Carina
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Hi Possoms

Carina
Cool posting guys, it makes a change to read a long post on Tas. Was especially interested in the schooling bit as we too got given the DVD from Tas Gov saying their education system was the best in Oz!! Tas is in our choice of places to go too, love the thought of the 4 seasons and having a proper winter as Im not too great with extreme heat and love the cold crisp days of winter. Nuts hey!! Think it looks very beautiful too, just wish we could come and see it before we move over at the end of the year to whereever we go too!! We had our reccie/validation at Xmas and went to Perth as got family there, housing market gone through the roof though since we visited 3 years ago so now looks like we are outpriced here. Adelaide is also on the list!!!! Keep the info coming its really informative.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd share this link with the Tassie fans out there - in my personal opinion its the most beautiful view in the world....

http://www.rosebay.tased.edu.au/camera.htm
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:10 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Possoms

Carina
Hi Carina its going great thank you, we are really enjoying it. only been here a couple of months but have settled in well OH got work which he loves and we've got a nice rental with fab views
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by possoms
What a wicked web site, have saved this in my favourites now!!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just thought I'd share this link with the Tassie fans out there - in my personal opinion its the most beautiful view in the world....

http://www.rosebay.tased.edu.au/camera.htm
Another wicked web site, and also saved to my favourites, it looks sooooo beautiful. Cant wait to get out to Oz!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

twinkle78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,we have also been looking at tas.it looks great.I must admit our main reason for wanting to go is because we thought it would be a good place for the kids.We have 2 girls 9 and 11 ,they are top of the class here so it's very interesting to hear about the schools.My biggest fear would be them not fitting in and making friends.My hubby is also a diesel fitter so we would have to look at the work situation there.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by twinkle78
Hi,we have also been looking at tas.it looks great.I must admit our main reason for wanting to go is because we thought it would be a good place for the kids.We have 2 girls 9 and 11 ,they are top of the class here so it's very interesting to hear about the schools.My biggest fear would be them not fitting in and making friends.My hubby is also a diesel fitter so we would have to look at the work situation there.
Last year we visited Tas and OH put out his CV to various potential employers and they all offered him a job, so your hubby would have no probs. Tassie has lots of Forestry work and all the equipment needs to be maintained. Plus I think they have some sort of mining going on in the north. Duncan was offered a job with the main CAT dealer in Hobart, but had to turn it down due to Visa process taking too long.

We managed to get state nomination as they are that short of diesel fitters they were desperate to get us out there. Have you been to any Oz expo's yet?

Kerry
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that,what did you think of tas?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Hi Twinkle

Just wanted to say Hi ! - we are hoping to go to Tas as well. My hubby is a diesel fitter too ! He went over last December and found there was quite a few jobs around. He went all around the island, and thought it was a great place to bring up our 3 kids, who are 9, 6 and 3.
Good luck with you plans

Carina
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Carina.it is so nice to hear that there are jobs over there.It's also nice to hear from other people who are going there.Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Thanks for that,what did you think of tas?
Very beautiful, green and picturesque. The people are lovely. I got the feeling of England back in the 80's before mass immigration. I think that is why we were so drawn to Tas as it reminded us of our childhood. Tasmania??-2006-2007-018.jpg

Tasmania??-2006-2007-027.jpg

Tasmania??-2006-2007-099.jpg

Don't know if this has worked or not but I think I have just put some piccies of Tas on here.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Doesn't it look nice!Thanks for sharing.How did you find the weather?Are you looking forward to going back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.