Tasmania??

Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Sammy T
she still can't quite understand why we haven't chosen Sydney, as this is the only place in Oz that she can identify with!

Sam
I forgot to say - the only parts of Oz that my parents can identify with are Erinsborough and the Yabby Creek - seeing as they watch Neighbors and Home & Away more than i have ever done!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
a Granny flat - I think i'd be showing her 1 bed apts next time on the realestate site! My mother in law is used to flying to Oz as OH's sister has lived in Perth for 17years - but she is in her 70's now - and i think asking her to fly to Tassie and do that extra flight or two on from Perth is asking a bit too much..... Cant say i'm overly upset that she may not be able to visit us (you'd have to meet her to appreciate how nasty that might seem!)

We don't get on with the in laws at all, visited them at Christmas and things have just got worse since we told them of our plans. We have only seen them once in about 3 years due to a falling out and we have never been very close. Spooky in their house though (fortunately we were staying in a nearby hotel) as every wall and every cupboard door was covered with photos of our 2 children, no joke, there must have been about 20 - 30 photos in each room, plus they had dug out loads of photos of my hubby when he was younger. But despite this apparent adoration of him and the children, they barely spoke for 2 whole days and we had to keep the conversation going all the time.
It was dead creepy

Anyway, I think we can safely assume they will NOT be visiting, ironically they would like Tas, as they love walking, bird watching etc.

I think my mother has plans to move out with us, need to knock that one of the head quickly

Yeah, you're right, she does also think of Home and Away and Neighbours as being the typical Aussie life

Sam

Last edited by Sammy T; Jan 28th 2008 at 1:18 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Yeah, you're right, she does also think of Home and Away and Neighbours as being the typical Aussie life

Sam[/QUOTE]

So do you mean it's not really like that

I'm staying then!!!!

Zoe x (too much time on my hands )
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jerzo

Sam

I'm staying then!!!!

Zoe x (too much time on my hands )[/QUOTE]
Hi Zoe, hows the bump doing ? (and you!).... Also, have you heard from the boys - how are they finding Sydney?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by travelbug

I'm staying then!!!!

Zoe x (too much time on my hands )
Hi Zoe, hows the bump doing ? (and you!).... Also, have you heard from the boys - how are they finding Sydney?[/QUOTE]
Hiya Cathy

The bump is getting alot bigger!! Im 23 weeks already it's going really fast........I have heard from the boys they were really tired and they said it was 30 degrees and very humid.....not great for jet-lag!! The flight wasnt great they found it way to long and Connor & Ryan were sick Poor Things
made me feel even worse for not being there xx
They went to Darling Harbour and into the Aquarium which they thought was 'awesome!!' and Jerad lost his wallet in an ice-cream parlour ...I won't say how much was in it but it was ALOT!! luckily someone handed it in Phew!!!(my opinion of the Aussies is very favorable at present!!) I have now instructed him to split it up and leave some with my Uncle (if he listens I'll be amazed!!) I think he is still totally jet-lagged poor thing xxx

I hope I get some sleep tonight I look a right state

Night
Zoe xxx

Last edited by jerzo; Jan 28th 2008 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
Hi Zoe, hows the bump doing ? (and you!).... Also, have you heard from the boys - how are they finding Sydney?
Hiya Cathy

The bump is getting alot bigger!! Im 23 weeks already it's going really fast........I have heard from the boys they were really tired and they said it was 30 degrees and very humid.....not great for jet-lag!! The flight wasnt great they found it way to long and Connor & Ryan were sick Poor Things
made me feel even worse for not being there xx
They went to Darling Harbour and into the Aquarium which they thought was 'awesome!!' and Jerad lost his wallet in an ice-cream parlour ...I won't say how much was in it but it was ALOT!! luckily someone handed it in Phew!!!(my opinion of the Aussies is very favorable at present!!) I have now instructed him to split it up and leave some with my Uncle (if he listens I'll be amazed!!) I think he is still totally jet-lagged poor thing xxx

I hope I get some sleep tonight I look a right state

Night
Zoe xxx[/QUOTE]

Hi Zoe, blimey that was lucky about the wallet! Could have been a nightmare otherwise! Nice to know there's still plenty of honest people in the world!
I never realised you were 23 weeks gone, it's probably a good job that you didn't have to do the journey what with your BP and everything! Wouldnt have been comfortable. Shame Connor & Ryan were sick - hope it wasn't over Jerad or their clothes! Bad enough when our Jared just made a mess with his food - we packed a change of t-shirt etc for me and Andy as we knew we'd have stains on our tops before we reached Perth! Who were your flights booked with ? We flew with Emirates - and the kids meals would have made me sick! They also gave the kids a "goody box" - which was all my daughter ate on the way and coming back - and she's not a fussy eater at home. But that had chocolate/crisps and more chocolate in it! Not one bit of fruit which i was surprised at as i thought in this day and age they'd have provided a bit of fruit with their meals... I'm not overly surprised if they were sick - the journey is a bit much - and they were probably missing their Mum as well!

It must be hard, but try not to worry too much about the boys - i'm sure they'll have a great time whilst in Sydney. I've not been (well apart from the airport! but i've never heard a bad report about the place as there's so much to do there) - I hope by the time you read this that you managed to get a good nights sleep! Make the most of the smaller bump before the "its impossible to get comfortable" stage sets in!

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kezzabird

Don't worry about making friends there are a few of us here and loads on the way, so by the time you guys are ready to come there will be an army of friends waiting to greet you! We have a 4 year old boy who just loves to make friends so kids will be happy too.

Kerry
X
Hi Kerry - did your 4 year old find it easy to settle? My 4 year old has been really up and down about coming out here. I'm hoping that moving to Tas will mean we can settle and she can make the friends she needs to feel more consistently happy about what we've done. She's already talking about Tassie and declared this morning that she was going to make a snowman when it was winter!

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by talisman
Hi, we are waiting for visa and have house to sell. But fingers crossed will be in Tas by end of summer. We are coming from Yorkshire UK. our kids are 7, 4 and 3. Would love to meet Tassie friends and chat. Cant wait to go. Look for email from DIAC every day. One day we may get visa? waiting for CO. Meds finalised January. Tasmania seems a great place for little kids and the houses are fab. We are all excited. Its all we think about and talk about. Love to read everyones threads, great reading. Glad i found this web site.
Jane
If you're anywhere near Hobart when you come to Tas, Jane - I'm sure our two (who're 4 and 2) wouldn't mind meeting up with your little people!

Fingers and toes crossed that hubs' phone call about the new job is an official 'yes' this morning!

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by horrigans
Hi Kerry - did your 4 year old find it easy to settle? My 4 year old has been really up and down about coming out here. I'm hoping that moving to Tas will mean we can settle and she can make the friends she needs to feel more consistently happy about what we've done. She's already talking about Tassie and declared this morning that she was going to make a snowman when it was winter!

Sarah
The first couple of months were heart breaking, he kept asking for his Nanny and his little mates back in the UK. But now he is thriving and understands that Nanny and Grandad are far away in England and we now live here. He gets to see his grandparents on Msn once a week and he really enjoys seeing them. He no longer asks for nanny now and has made some of his own little friends. It is lovely seeing him thriving, with all this fresh air and Tassi has a great outdoor lifestyle. Because the weather is not baking hot everyday, we get to enjoy being outside more often, he gets pooped out and is gaurenteed to go off to sleep at bedtime!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Has anyone heard from Beth? I haven't seen her on this thread for a while, has she changed her mind about Tassie?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Stop press...........................

We have bought a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't bloody beleive it we have bought a bloody house with 10 acres!!!!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined we could own this much land in such a beautiful location!

Someone pinch me and tell me I'm not dreaming please!
hey congrats on the house purchase- which house in Magra was it- i saw about 3 on realestate so assumed it must be one of those ( there were 3 with 10 acres I think ??)

Nat xx

PS- we are also looking for an acreage- went to see a place in Glen Huon on the weekend but it needed too much work and was just a bit too far-
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by horrigans
Sounds like Huonville and Franklin might be the places to start looking. We're hoping to buy somewhere either outright or with a teeny mortgage to give us a bit of financial breathing space for the first time in ages!

Oh, and another Tassie question, while I'm at it. We've got two young children - 4 and 2 - do you reckon it's a good place to bring up littlies? And what sort of things are there to do with them in and around Hobart?

Sarah
Hey Sarah

We have lived in Tassie for nearly 3 years now and its a fantastic place to bring up kids- its the reason we moved here- our baby is only 4 months old at the mo though !!

there are heaps for kids- there are lots of nice parks, a few fun factory type places, crazy golf, ice skating, bowling, roller blading, beaches !!.

Tassie is also very family friendly so there are always lots of events for kids that are normally free- The summer festival includes a Kidz in the Park ( a outdoor event) then there is the family days on Salamanca lawns - also during the festival- Richmond does a teddy bear picnic- australia day always has free things for kids- This year we went to Kingston beach which had heaps of free events and rides.

the air is clean and crime is low and the sun shines a lot - its a great place for kids !!

Nat xx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Has anyone heard from Beth? I haven't seen her on this thread for a while, has she changed her mind about Tassie?
Hello everyone, well you all know about my saga as I know Kezza has been keeping you uptodate!!!! Yep we are now back in good old Romford!!! its not changed as we knew it wouldnt have, great to see family and yes a lot of decisions are to be made, my head is spinning!! To be truthful me and Mark are fed up with it all!! and to top it off its cost us a bloody fortune!!!! Have booked ourselves up solid for the next week seeing family and friends, sitting here now at 4am having a cuppa cause jet lag kicked in at 2am and woke us up, wide awake now whilst everyone else is sleeping. Missing Tassie and my beautiful view out of our windows, keep looking out the window here and seeing grey sky and houses all on top of us!!!! Yuck!! Anyways will keep you all posted on whether we defo come back or are going to wait a couple of years and let Mark take the UK job.

Kezza will email you and let you know dates etc for letting the furniture back in for me once we sort out our heads. xxx

Spiders: Yep they are there like Kezza said but you learn to live with them, anything that moves just gets squashed under our thongs!!! Have come face to face with several scorpions in the house and whitetails, jumping jacks are evil little buggers too (and it was at my house that Kezza's poor Alex got bitten!!), we have also had several blue tounge lizards in the garden and they are huge!! Not seen a redback yet and dont want too but have seen their webs all over the place outside. Had our first huntsman experience on the door jam of the car the day our house got packed up, it was huuuuuge!! according to the removal bloke who rescued me it was only a baby one, that was comforting to know!!! not!!!!.

Will mail you all soon once I have more to update you with. For now Im back to bed, spinning head and all!! Corinne xxx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Beth is having a bit of a dilemma!!

Her kids desperately want a pool in Aus and they are looking at Cairns ....Beth still has her heart set on Tassie so we'll have to see where they choose

Zoe xx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by natty
Hey Sarah

We have lived in Tassie for nearly 3 years now and its a fantastic place to bring up kids- its the reason we moved here- our baby is only 4 months old at the mo though !!

there are heaps for kids- there are lots of nice parks, a few fun factory type places, crazy golf, ice skating, bowling, roller blading, beaches !!.

Tassie is also very family friendly so there are always lots of events for kids that are normally free- The summer festival includes a Kidz in the Park ( a outdoor event) then there is the family days on Salamanca lawns - also during the festival- Richmond does a teddy bear picnic- australia day always has free things for kids- This year we went to Kingston beach which had heaps of free events and rides.

the air is clean and crime is low and the sun shines a lot - its a great place for kids !!

Nat xx
It sound so great for kids.........can't wait to live there ( i know i've got a bit of a wait but i'm still excited )

Please dont let Jerad come back and say NSW is the place we should move To

Zoe x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.