Tasmania??

Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:44 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania??

Have you moved from perth to tassie?
I am heading for perth initially as family are there and it will be a good support for the first 12 months. I cant wait to do a reccie of tassie though and will be working my arse off so i can afford the trip.
It is all going so fast at the moment I was expecting to wait until september or later to get a visa grant but have had case officer request meds and Pc's and they are all done now so just waiting to hear....cant believe we only lodged the visa in feb!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I've finally booked a date to arrive - 17th May!!! Look forward to meeting the other Tassie forum members at some stage soon!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Tagging on to this thread late, as I've been busy palnning our holiday to Oz, 5 weeks to go, yippee (not excited really)
We are also looking at Tas but also considering Adelaide area. Everything I read about Tas sounds stunning but I must admit we have been told by several people (some Aussies, some not) that Tas is rather backward and expensive so I'm reserving judgement until we visit.
We are briefly visiting Launceston, then a couple of days at Freycinet National Park then over to Hobart for a few days before moving onto Adelaide.
We have busy looking at all the websites and there are alot of them! I can't wait!
We will also have to consider job opportunities and house prices when it comes to making the final decision. I have seen some wonderful properties in Tas, so we'll have to see on the job front.
Good luck to the rest of you
Sammy
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

hey ho folks just found this thread! I thought we were the only ones looking at Tas!

Well glad to see we're not!

We had our Meds on 20th march and are now waiting for a visa.

Our main reason for choosing Tas was cos of our 3 year old and hopefully future kids and the fact that it seems like a fab place to bring them up.
We visited last year and adored Tas, I'm pretty convinced its the place for us.

Any ways I've just been told off for being on the computer again!!!!

This damn forum has got me addicted!!
Kerry
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kezzabird
hey ho folks just found this thread! I thought we were the only ones looking at Tas!

Well glad to see we're not!

We had our Meds on 20th march and are now waiting for a visa.

Our main reason for choosing Tas was cos of our 3 year old and hopefully future kids and the fact that it seems like a fab place to bring them up.
We visited last year and adored Tas, I'm pretty convinced its the place for us.

Any ways I've just been told off for being on the computer again!!!!

This damn forum has got me addicted!!
Kerry
It is addictive! How long do you think it will take you before you get to Tas?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teabag
It is addictive! How long do you think it will take you before you get to Tas?
Who knows We were kinda hoping we would be there for September. But I spoken to people on here who have been waiting since doing their meds in Dec. Just have to suck it and see
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

The waiting must be torture!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:09 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

The waiting must be torture!
We are just waiting for visa grant now...all done apart from the magic ticket!
We want to go asap to Tassie but may have to put up with Perth for a while bummer hey?

Teabag? which area are you heading? What about you Kezza?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
We want to go asap to Tassie but may have to put up with Perth for a while bummer hey?

Hopefully in or around the Hobart area, but I guess we will have to go where ever Duncan gets a job.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse

I will be in Glenorchy, just near Hobart.
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:11 pm
Here at last!

just brought these up for info for Lenmil
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey all,

Well I arrived in beautiful Hobart last Thursday, a week already! I've met the lovely Mashy, having dinner with her family on Friday night

It is cold here, very nice though! Looking forward to the weekend to take the girls out exploring some of the countryside.

I love how everything is just 'down the road', big difference to the wide open spaces of Perth that is for sure.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:50 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hey all,

Well I arrived in beautiful Hobart last Thursday, a week already! I've met the lovely Mashy, having dinner with her family on Friday night

It is cold here, very nice though! Looking forward to the weekend to take the girls out exploring some of the countryside.

I love how everything is just 'down the road', big difference to the wide open spaces of Perth that is for sure.
TeaBag only 6 months and 3 days till we set off to Tassie!!!!
Arrive on the 1st of December can't wait. Nearer the time will try and sort out meeting a few of you for a drink.
I have visted Tassie a few times and love the place. Like the fact that there is lots of open space.
Gary and Vikky
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great news Gary!! 6 months, wow, so near yet so far.
Old May 26th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey folks

things are moving pretty fast for us so far. We now have our visa's. And we've accepted an offer on our house. There is no chain as they are first time buyers, so this could be a quickie

We anticipate that we will be in Tas by August, but ofcourse depends on how things develop with the house.

I am feeling very excited but also a little part of me is wondering is it the right thing to do?

I have butterflies as I'm typing this message!!

Tea bag, please keep us updated with how its going

Kerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.