Tasmania??

Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
God what a hard choice, Mark was adamant before we left for Tas that we had to sell the house even though I wanted to keep it and rent it out as he wanted all ties severed too. Understand your worries about non paying tenants though as it does happen, although not too often considering the amount of rentals out there. At least you have time on your hands and are not in the position of some on the expats site that you only have a short while to use your visas. All money in the pot if a definate help as it eases the worry to a degree. Keep your chin up and all things crossed for you for when the house does go back on. x
Hi Corinne, you're right - even though we moan about our situation - it's not as bad as some others.... and yes, we have time on our sides i guess whereas some people don't.
We'll see what happens - i guess what will be will be - and although i know sometimes things happen for a reason i'm also a firm believer in making your own destiny......so we'll get to Tas one way or another eventually...

Hope you have a good weekend - i take it you'll be giving the camping a miss this weekend!

Cathy
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

Beth and Andrew have been unable to sell their house so have decided to validate and try again next year to sell. They are still undecided where they will choose but Tas certainly put on a good show for them yesterday with beautiful sunshine and snow on Mt Wellington

Camping, kids and pregnancy - you're brave

Sam

Hi Sam, how are things going? did your annoying neighbours move out the other week ?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee!!!

Our container was delivered yesterday, it was very exciting watching it all come into the house, can't believe 10 weeks ago today we saw it all being packed off!

The children were happy to see their stuff again, have been out on their bikes (but not far as we live at the top of a killer hill) I have been busy today trying to find somewhere to put it all, can't believe how much there is, when I think of all the Ebay selling, car boot sale, garage sale, giving away and throwing away I did in the 6 months leading up to our move. Having had very little here for all this time makes you realise you don't need much really.

Saying that OH was ecstatic to see his bikes away and was off cycling to work this morning and it is nice to have some comfy chairs again

Sam
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Sam, how are things going? did your annoying neighbours move out the other week ?
Hi Cathy

How are you, sorry to read that you are feeling the strain of it all, it will be worth it when you get here, its been beautiful today

Yes, the annoying neighbours have gone and apparently some more at the next house are being kicked out too, really don't why? The estate agent says it is one of the other tenants who keeps complaining, there are 5 houses altogether, we might be next as when the container arrived yesterday the lorry was partly blocking the drive and both him and his wife came out and complained to the removal men

They were only here for 3 hours and they could still get to their house and garage so don't know what they were moaning for, we've now had a phone call from the agent saying they want to do an inspection on Monday so I hope its nothing to do with them complaining. So much for the laid back Aussie, eh?

Sam
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yippee!!!

Our container was delivered yesterday, it was very exciting watching it all come into the house, can't believe 10 weeks ago today we saw it all being packed off!

The children were happy to see their stuff again, have been out on their bikes (but not far as we live at the top of a killer hill) I have been busy today trying to find somewhere to put it all, can't believe how much there is, when I think of all the Ebay selling, car boot sale, garage sale, giving away and throwing away I did in the 6 months leading up to our move. Having had very little here for all this time makes you realise you don't need much really.

Saying that OH was ecstatic to see his bikes away and was off cycling to work this morning and it is nice to have some comfy chairs again

Sam

Hi Sam, so pleased for you that your stuff has now arrived!
Was everything ok? or are you still unpacking! You must have so many boxes! Does the removal company come and collect all the packaging / boxes after you've unpacked or is that your responsibility to get rid of it all ?

I seen a lot of people comment about realising how much stuff we have that probably we dont really need. But honestly though - out of the stuff you shipped - what do you think you could have left - and what do you really wish you had brought with you that you'd decided to get rid of ?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Yippee!!!

Sam
Hi Sammy great news that you now have your container!! Bet it feels like an early Christmas!! Wont be long and you will be all settled in with your stuff unpacked around you, like youve always lived there. Have fun unpacking. x
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Cathy

How are you, sorry to read that you are feeling the strain of it all, it will be worth it when you get here, its been beautiful today

Yes, the annoying neighbours have gone and apparently some more at the next house are being kicked out too, really don't why? The estate agent says it is one of the other tenants who keeps complaining, there are 5 houses altogether, we might be next as when the container arrived yesterday the lorry was partly blocking the drive and both him and his wife came out and complained to the removal men

They were only here for 3 hours and they could still get to their house and garage so don't know what they were moaning for, we've now had a phone call from the agent saying they want to do an inspection on Monday so I hope its nothing to do with them complaining. So much for the laid back Aussie, eh?

Sam
Hi Sam, i'm fine thanks. just plodding along with our Romford lives at the moment.... I know it'll all be worth it when we eventually get to Tas - probably why i'm not overly worried i imagine. Andy's going to get in touch with the guy that offered him work next week in Derwent Park - as he'd said to Andy that he had about a years worth of work available (and then hopefully more) to let him know it might be a while before we make it over.
We've been in touch with this guy now for almost 2 1/2 years.....so he's probably wondering if we'll ever make it! I think he was shocked to see Andy in the flesh finally when we came over last November!

Glad the annoying neighbours have gone - doesnt sound good about the moany neighbours though! You get them everywhere though i guess!
Is it normal for agents to do inspections during your rental time then? i suppose they or the owners have the right to - but it does seem a bit of a coincidence that they ask after your container arrives! perhaps they think that damage may have been caused to floors etc with all the furniture stuff being moved in.....or maybe they want to be nosey and see what you've brought!

Last edited by travelbug; Aug 29th 2008 at 9:23 am.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Wahooooo you have your stuff Sam!!!!!!!!! Bet you feel loads better now and you have some different clothes to wear!!! lol

It is normal to have an inspection just to make sure that you are looking after the place and that you don't have a pack of dogs staying in the living room and a horse in the yard.

And to top it off spring has arrived!! Isn't the weather just gorgeous? Spring and Autumn are just lovely seasons, I love to see the Daffodils and spring bulbs. Its a bit of a bummer but there is not one single spring bulb any where on our property, I am going to have to spend a fortune this autumn and buy loads. Although I am a bit concerned about not getting much rain this winter, its gonna be one hell of a fire season this summer if we don't get more rain. It scares me silly to think about it, especially living close to the bush like we do.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Wahooooo you have your stuff Sam!!!!!!!!! Bet you feel loads better now and you have some different clothes to wear!!! lol

It is normal to have an inspection just to make sure that you are looking after the place and that you don't have a pack of dogs staying in the living room and a horse in the yard.

And to top it off spring has arrived!! Isn't the weather just gorgeous? Spring and Autumn are just lovely seasons, I love to see the Daffodils and spring bulbs. Its a bit of a bummer but there is not one single spring bulb any where on our property, I am going to have to spend a fortune this autumn and buy loads. Although I am a bit concerned about not getting much rain this winter, its gonna be one hell of a fire season this summer if we don't get more rain. It scares me silly to think about it, especially living close to the bush like we do.
so spring has arrived for you guys - that's good...
we are actually having a "summers day" here for a change....although our's isn't meant to last as rain predicted for tomorrow

how much land was destroyed last year with the fires in the South of the Island? are there any statistics published on the Island? i remember seeing stuff about them. i presume there's not many precautions you can take i guess if the fires start it all depends on the wind which way they'll go and how fast if the ground is dry.... fingerscrossed you wont ever get to experience them too close to home...
do you all pay firebrigade taxes in your council tax or income tax?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Thats good to know for us coming over but not too good if you want to move within Oz. I know that Perth has dropped considerably from speaking to family that live there, but it needed too as the prices there went through the roof. Hows living in Huonville going Donna? whats the winter like there?

Hi Corrinne, Yes we still love Huonville, winter was not so bad a few frozen starts but that's to be expected. The garden is starting to flower with jonquils and daffodils, so pretty.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kezzabird

Hi Kerry

Yes, its very nice to have out things again, the house looks like a home instead of a student hang out! Strangely, it also made me cry, which I did not expect, seeing all of our things reminded me of our old home, the chair that the dog used to sit, etc. I thought I would be just very happy to get our things and didn't think I'd be homesick!

But the lovely weather has helped to cheer me up over the weekend, it was lovely and we sat outside to eat on both days.

We've had a fair bit of rain here, so the locals tell me, apparently flushing out old creeks and gullies and generally helping with the farming land. You've obviously had less than us, and are in a bush setting, I know the fire service cna come out and gice advice about making your property more safe in case of bush fires but probably no more info than you know already.

Sam
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hi Kerry

Yes, its very nice to have out things again, the house looks like a home instead of a student hang out! Strangely, it also made me cry, which I did not expect, seeing all of our things reminded me of our old home, the chair that the dog used to sit, etc. I thought I would be just very happy to get our things and didn't think I'd be homesick!

But the lovely weather has helped to cheer me up over the weekend, it was lovely and we sat outside to eat on both days.

We've had a fair bit of rain here, so the locals tell me, apparently flushing out old creeks and gullies and generally helping with the farming land. You've obviously had less than us, and are in a bush setting, I know the fire service cna come out and gice advice about making your property more safe in case of bush fires but probably no more info than you know already.

Sam
I think some one up stairs was reading my post, we've had some good rain here Sat night and today, we could do with a few more days or preferably nights of solid rain. Hint hint to you up stairs!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Teabag
Hi Corrinne, Yes we still love Huonville, winter was not so bad a few frozen starts but that's to be expected. The garden is starting to flower with jonquils and daffodils, so pretty.
Hi Donna, the garden sounds lovely. I know our "summer" is finally over now as all the flowers are dying off and leaves have started to fall already!!! Soon be winter here, again!!!! I bet you guys cant wait for the summer and your camping trips to start again.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Hi Donna, the garden sounds lovely. I know our "summer" is finally over now as all the flowers are dying off and leaves have started to fall already!!! Soon be winter here, again!!!! I bet you guys cant wait for the summer and your camping trips to start again.
yep we are planning to spend two weeks over Xmas and New Year camping up at St. Helens. can't wait!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Teabag
yep we are planning to spend two weeks over Xmas and New Year camping up at St. Helens. can't wait!!
ohh lovely, I bet you cant wait, we travelled through there on our trip from top to bottom of the Island, its a lovely place. The time will come round really quickly. Do you do the whole pressie thing whilst you are away or do you just veg and forget about it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.