Tasmania??

Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Paula125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by jerzo
Thats sooo good to know, is Sorrell a busy place??

Thanks Zoe x
In the residential streets it's not very busy. But it does have a major road that runs through it although like I said if you're in Sorell on the residential streets it's very quiet. There's also a shopping centre with super market, bakery etc. and the post office, bank, chemist, community clinic are all in walking distance of most houses.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:20 am
Just Joined

tvomp is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the visa subclass 457 and will be arriving in Tasmania in the first week of October.
TVOMP
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:32 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with that. I arrive in Tassy on the 26th Sept a day before my Birthday. Not long to go now. We have all just got a flu like bug but thank good it was not the day i am flying other wise i could not go.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula125
In the residential streets it's not very busy. But it does have a major road that runs through it although like I said if you're in Sorell on the residential streets it's very quiet. There's also a shopping centre with super market, bakery etc. and the post office, bank, chemist, community clinic are all in walking distance of most houses.
it's also got a set of traffic lights for evening entertainment
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
it's also got a set of traffic lights for evening entertainment
Which it needs otherwise you'd never get across that road at that bloody junction!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Hopefully we will be in Tassie at the end of October and at the moment i'm looking for our initial accommodation around Hobart ,just wondering if theres any nice places anyone could recommend???

Thanks
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Sorell!!! But then again I'm biased
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Hopefully we will be in Tassie at the end of October and at the moment i'm looking for our initial accommodation around Hobart ,just wondering if theres any nice places anyone could recommend???

Thanks
do you want cheap or central or good location, or upmarket?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
do you want cheap or central or good location, or upmarket?
Hi Ian & Helena

I would like somewhere pretty close to Hobart initially ,a mid-range place in a nice spot would be ideal as we have 4 boys and loads to do on arrival!
I have looked at plenty it's just so much better to have a personal recommendation isn't it??
Thanks in advance (around $1000. per week would be great for 3 weeks)

Byeeeee
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Quest apartments are central, Mashy stayed there when they first arrived, not sure how pricey though, but $1000 a week would get you something pretty nice I would think!

http://www.questtrinityhouse.com.au/
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Teabag
Quest apartments are central, Mashy stayed there when they first arrived, not sure how pricey though, but $1000 a week would get you something pretty nice I would think!

http://www.questtrinityhouse.com.au/
Thanks for that Teabag, I have looked at them and Graham Court apts and i'm waiting for their 'reduced' rates for staying longer than 2 weeks (not holding my breath!!) but they said they could do it cheaper so heres hoping!!

I also saw a great little beach house on Coningham Beach, do you know it????
that was really reasonable but i'm not sure if its better to be more or less in Hobart for the 1st few weeks So much to do my mind is just spinning (not a good thing !!)

Thanks Again

Zo xx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I would stay in town if you can, Hobart is basically a large country town and the outskirts don't really have a lot to do. I don't know Coningham Beach I've only been here 4 months now.

Try Stayz as well, that's a good site for getting private homes and such
http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodatio...asmania/hobart
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I've always liked the look of this one!
http://www.stayz.com.au/21348
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

I would stay in town if you can, Hobart is basically a large country town and the outskirts don't really have a lot to do. I don't know Coningham Beach I've only been here 4 months now.

Try Stayz as well, that's a good site for getting private homes and such
http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodatio...asmania/hobart
Have been on there for hours.........and most of them have something booked in the middle of when we want to stay AArghh. I will just keep looking I just e-mailed Quest with a price request and had 2 replies from others on Stayz so heres hoping they are available Thanks again
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I've always liked the look of this one!
http://www.stayz.com.au/21348

Its so gorgeous and booked in the middle of November (quietly pulling my hair out!!) Pretty reasonable too......oh well !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.