Tasmania??

Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi,
With what you have both been saying in the last couple of posts you will love Tasmania, Just like you said don't tell to many people.
There are lots of places for nice walks with lots of outdoor activaties.
And from what people I have spoken to have said it changes as the seasons change so you could do the same walk but it would look totally different.
Also with lots of cheap airlines about you can fly to Melbourne and have a day out there.
Tasmania seems to have lots of little events in the Summer, Even having two big race meetings in The Hobart Cup and The Launceston Cup.
There is also car and motorbike racing at Symmonds Plane. Lots of places to go camping and even places to go Skiing in the winter months.
Me and my wife are moving there at the end of November and are going to live with my wifes mum and her partner at first till we can find jobs and nice property or a block of land to build on.
Hope it all works out well for other people looking at moving to Tassie. And I hope it does not get spoilt.
Gary and Vikky
Perhaps we'll see you out there!!

I cant get there quick enough! (mainly cause I want the flight over with, just dreading it with the baby) Other than that nothing is bothering me!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

shallwe shantwe is an unknown quantity at this point

All you guys going soon are really lucky and those still waiting ...keep your chins up and keep wishing cos then it will happen.....one bit of advice I can give to you all that are doing the big move is to please TRY and give it two years befoer thinking it is not good or perhaps it was not for you after all....It took me two years to settle and I did feel a little lost...I know I will have to go through it all again when we go back either to Tassie or Perth as have been here now for 14 years thought have been to Perth every year for a month for a break...I think that people who say it was not for them after being there only a few months never gave it their best shot...wish I was off tomorrow....
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shallwe shantwe
All you guys going soon are really lucky and those still waiting ...keep your chins up and keep wishing cos then it will happen.....one bit of advice I can give to you all that are doing the big move is to please TRY and give it two years befoer thinking it is not good or perhaps it was not for you after all....It took me two years to settle and I did feel a little lost...I know I will have to go through it all again when we go back either to Tassie or Perth as have been here now for 14 years thought have been to Perth every year for a month for a break...I think that people who say it was not for them after being there only a few months never gave it their best shot...wish I was off tomorrow....
Yep, I agree with you. You have to be realistic in the time it will take to settle in and with a fairly big family ( like mine!!) its going to be so different for each person ....... so time is a big factor and the ones who go after a few months must wonder about it for the rest of their lives ...... or perhaps they were just the type who should never have bothered in the first place as some just can't cope being away from friends and family........ they need the support network., it won't be a prob for me as I am my support network !!!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Yep, I agree with you. You have to be realistic in the time it will take to settle in and with a fairly big family ( like mine!!) its going to be so different for each person ....... so time is a big factor and the ones who go after a few months must wonder about it for the rest of their lives ...... or perhaps they were just the type who should never have bothered in the first place as some just can't cope being away from friends and family........ they need the support network., it won't be a prob for me as I am my support network !!!!

Think you right, everyone is different but its bound to take a while to settle in. We have moved around UK a bit (not the same, obviously) and it always takes a while to get into new routines and get to know local systems, so its going to take longer in a completely new country.
As you say, I think for some people who are close to their families in UK, are probably going to find it harder - we do not live near any of our family, so have always had to manage everything ourselves so that won't be any different for us. Can't stand the in laws, so moving to other side of the world has got to be a bonus, they have never been anywhere out of UK, so think its unlikely they would visit (BUT if they did, they would come for a few weeks which could lead to big stress and blood shed)
We have not fixed a definite place to go as it will depend on jobs nearer the time but Tas is where we can picture ourselves the most.
Sammy
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hobart Beer Festival

Hi all,
Just found out about this event and if any of you nice people are over there when it happens(December 1st) feel free to give me a shout. Me and my wife land in Tasmania on December 1st and I'm off to beer festival with my wifes mum's partner!!!! Give my wife some time with her mum with them not seeing each other for around 2 years!!!!
Hope to see some of you down there!!!!
http://www.hobartbeerfest.com/index.php
Gary
bad news in today's Mercury-apparently the organisers are struggling to find sponsorship for this year's festival so it may be cancelled
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
bad news in today's Mercury-apparently the organisers are struggling to find sponsorship for this year's festival so it may be cancelled

Sad news for Beer loving Tasmanians!

Did you do your marathon?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
Sad news for Beer loving Tasmanians!

Did you do your marathon?
yes thanks-lovely run around the Hunter Valley, next one in Sydney at the end of September and afterwards off to a blues festival in Narooma NSW.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

yes thanks-lovely run around the Hunter Valley, next one in Sydney at the end of September and afterwards off to a blues festival in Narooma NSW.
sound's like you spend more time on the mainland than here on the island
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Is that because the Gunns pulled out or am I thinking of something else?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

what's happening with all our soon to be Tasmanian's?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:37 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Just had an email from The Beer Festival and it still looks like it is going ahead!!!!
So are we going to have a Tasmanian meet at the beer festival.

Also how about a meet up the week before Crimbo, Maybe in the middle then people from Launceston and Hobart can meet up??
Any Sugestions Ian and Hel??
Speak soon
Gary andVikky
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

what's happening with all our soon to be Tasmanian's?
We are leaving the country on the 24th Sept. Landing in Melbourne on 3rd Oct, staying with rellies for a few days to buy a car etc then taking the ferry to Tas, not sure what date arriving in Tas yet.

Duncan has applied for a Diesel Fitter job with Caterpiller in Burnie, but hasn't heard anything yet.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Just had an email from The Beer Festival and it still looks like it is going ahead!!!!
So are we going to have a Tasmanian meet at the beer festival.

Also how about a meet up the week before Crimbo, Maybe in the middle then people from Launceston and Hobart can meet up??
Any Sugestions Ian and Hel??
Speak soon
Gary andVikky
Sounds good to me!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

when's the beer festival? Sound's good for a meet up
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:49 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

when's the beer festival? Sound's good for a meet up
Beer Festival is on the 1st December,
Not sure of time I will get there as drving from Launceston Airport as its my first day in Tassie on my visa, We fly in from Dubai.
Wife is spening day shopping with her mum, And I'm off to beer festival with the wifes mums partner!!!!
The web address is.
www.hobartbeerfest.com
Hope this helps!!!!
Gary and Vikky

88 Days to go to Hobart beer fest!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.