Tasmania??

Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:48 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by travelbug
If that's the case we're probably all well suited to become mates!
LOL........I do talk to myself sometimes.......normally when the girls annoy me and I mumble something under my breath
Hope we live near each other in Tas.........we'll have a good natter every day then!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
LOL........I do talk to myself sometimes.......normally when the girls annoy me and I mumble something under my breath
Hope we live near each other in Tas.........we'll have a good natter every day then!!!
Beth x x
We probably wont be that far from one another! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!
I hope we can understand one another - what with me and my common Romford accent - and i imagine you have a strong welsh accent? We probably use different expressions for stuff.... you dont notice things like that when you're typing messages - but i once met up with a guy in work that i dealt with who was Scottish and had a very strong accent - it was very interesting with our different accents!!!!

Last edited by travelbug; Mar 25th 2008 at 2:20 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Who are you thinking of flying with when you do go to Tas Beth?
I was looking at flights during the course of the summer months and the prices do vary so much according to what airline... Makes you wonder how they get away with charging such different amounts...

A question also for those that have done the move already....did anyone book a return flight or just one-way tickets? We're debating on whether to book returns with an open return date - for that little bit extra money - just incase we have to return within 1 year of being out there....but unsure whether to or not.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just reading some other threads on the site....and someone had asked about mortgage rates in Oz. Another member had given them the site ratecity.com.au to look at.... good site. It's a bit of a shock to see that mortgage rates are well above 8percent... is that really normal? Ours is only 5.something at the moment so it'll be a big jump for us...
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi all,
Hope you all had a lovely Easter, I know its not quite over for us lovely people in Tassie as we have Easter Tuesday!!! Wohoo.
Today me and Vikky met a lovely couple from expats who have recently moved to Tasmania. Lee Julie and Kids, (must say the kids were superbly behaved and a pleasure to be around, Hope our kids are like them?)
Hear are some pictures for you nice people looking at coming down to Tassie just to show what is waiting for you down here!!!!!
Take care and hope to see some of you soon.
Gary Vikky and Bump.
The pictures in order are Punchbowl Reserve, and the next two are the First Basin in Launceston.
hiya gary and vikky,
thankyou for your lovely comment about our kids, and we really enjoyed meeting up with you both as well, we had a very pleasant afternoon, take care and see you all again soon.
Vikky, you and bump didn't swim in that freezing cold water at the first basin did you?
julie and lee
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:25 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hiya gary and vikky,
thankyou for your lovely comment about our kids, and we really enjoyed meeting up with you both as well, we had a very pleasant afternoon, take care and see you all again soon.
Vikky, you and bump didn't swim in that freezing cold water at the first basin did you?
julie and lee
Hi Julie and Lee,
I was the wimp in the cold water VIkky just about got in with bump I just sat on the side to cold for me.
Just found out some superb news, Hobart Beer Festival is on the second Saturday in November, That means it looks like I have a big birthday party with my birthday being on November 8th. So make a note in your diary's.
British Expats piss up at the Beer Festival.
Will see how many people are up for this and we can even look at getting some polo shirts made if people are intersted.
Take care everyone and chat soon!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hi Julie and Lee,
I was the wimp in the cold water VIkky just about got in with bump I just sat on the side to cold for me.
Just found out some superb news, Hobart Beer Festival is on the second Saturday in November, That means it looks like I have a big birthday party with my birthday being on November 8th. So make a note in your diary's.
Will see how many people are up for this and we can even look at getting some polo shirts made if people are intersted.
Gary Vikky and Bump
Oooh er yes that sounds good, not too sure about the polo shirt idea though
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hiya gary and vikky,
julie and lee
Hello Southern stars!

How are you guys settling in?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:25 am
AKA - Drop Bear

Tassie Bear has a spectacular aura aboutTassie Bear has a spectacular aura aboutTassie Bear has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Tasmania??

Hi Julie and Lee,
Gary Vikky and Bump
Beer Festival - Bloody great idea
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:44 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

We probably wont be that far from one another! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!
I hope we can understand one another - what with me and my common Romford accent - and i imagine you have a strong welsh accent? We probably use different expressions for stuff.... you dont notice things like that when you're typing messages - but i once met up with a guy in work that i dealt with who was Scottish and had a very strong accent - it was very interesting with our different accents!!!!
Yeah.....people tell me I talk fast too Just watch Torchwood and you should be able to understand me....LOL

Who are you thinking of flying with when you do go to Tas Beth?
I was looking at flights during the course of the summer months and the prices do vary so much according to what airline... Makes you wonder how they get away with charging such different amounts...

A question also for those that have done the move already....did anyone book a return flight or just one-way tickets? We're debating on whether to book returns with an open return date - for that little bit extra money - just incase we have to return within 1 year of being out there....but unsure whether to or not.
Hoping to fly Singapore Airlines.....Heathrow to Singapore to Melbourne......then an inter connecting flight to Hobart without hopefully being stung with our double baggage allowance!!!
So far the cheapest I can find is £3012 for the 6 of us......but that was flying on April 28th.
Not going to book return tickets..........one way only and we HAVE to get on with it!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:16 am
AKA - Drop Bear

Tassie Bear has a spectacular aura aboutTassie Bear has a spectacular aura aboutTassie Bear has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Tasmania??

Yeah.....people tell me I talk fast too Just watch Torchwood and you should be able to understand me....LOL

Hoping to fly Singapore Airlines.....Heathrow to Singapore to Melbourne......then an inter connecting flight to Hobart without hopefully being stung with our double baggage allowance!!!
So far the cheapest I can find is £3012 for the 6 of us......but that was flying on April 28th.
Not going to book return tickets..........one way only and we HAVE to get on with it!!!
Beth x x

Have you tried http://opodo.co.uk as they normally do the cheapest flights - then go to a Fight Centre and get them to match the price as I hate buying stuff like that over the net

I had a quick look and Cathay Pacific Airways is around 2500 pounds one way on that site
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:20 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Tassie Bear
Have you tried http://opodo.co.uk as they normally do the cheapest flights - then go to a Fight Centre and get them to match the price as I hate buying stuff like that over the net

I had a quick look and Cathay Pacific Airways is around 2500 pounds one way on that site
Nice one TB Every penny counts in my case
Will have a look at that site later on thanks,
Beth x x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:26 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Nice one TB Every penny counts in my case
Will have a look at that site later on thanks,
Beth x x
Hi B and A,
Another company to try is Airline Networ, Google them and you will find them, Also try the usual ones like Austravel and travelbag.
Gary Vikky and Bump
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:28 am
Make it happen!!!!

Hi B and A,
Another company to try is Airline Networ, Google them and you will find them, Also try the usual ones like Austravel and travelbag.
Gary Vikky and Bump
Cool......haven't even heard of them so I wouldn't have known
Really want to book our flights, but also need to sell the house......soooooooooo frustrating for us at the moment
Beth x x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Beth x x

Hi Beth, Singapore Airlines keep coming up the cheapest when we look - no matter what month / date we're putting in at the moment. Strange as last year Emirates were cheaper but they're not this year. When we flew to Tas in November we flew with Virgin Blue from Perth to Melbourne - and then coming back from Sydney to Perth - those flights were quite reasonable.
I dont know how it works with your double luggage allowance though - you might want to enquire as i was under the impression that the smaller airlines dont allow it for internal flights... We cant get double allowance ourselves because we've already validated. We were considering buying a car in Melbourne and getting the ferry over from Melbourne but we'll see how we feel about all that nearer to our time of going...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.