tapping area

Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:10 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Post tapping area

Moving to Tapping area looking for schools nurserys and advice on renting houses between $350 and $450 per week i dont know what sort of house i will get for this needs to have 3 bedrooms

do you have to pay for schooling etc if so cost for full year would be helpful as i have been told 3/5 year waiting list for some schools

any help would be good

cheers in advance
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:25 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tapping area

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Moving to Tapping area looking for schools nurserys and advice on renting houses between $350 and $450 per week i dont know what sort of house i will get for this needs to have 3 bedrooms

do you have to pay for schooling etc if so cost for full year would be helpful as i have been told 3/5 year waiting list for some schools

any help would be good

cheers in advance
www.realestate.com.au will help on the housing front. Shouldn't have any problem getting somewhere to rent for that money, most are 4 bed 2 bathroom at the price. Tapping Primary school is your local primary school and if you rent in catchment you will get a place. Wanneroo SHS is your local state high school. Private schools in the area are St Stephens. Very heavily subscribed at High School level, unlikely to get a place for 5 years. If you have children of kindy or preprimary age be aware this isn't compulsory schooling therefore they don't have to offer you a place in your local school. Schooling is free from fees in the public system. You will pay for school supplies which varies in amount depending on age. My year 5 school supplies were $80 last year. Uniform expensive as most has to be purchased from the school shop due to logos on the shirts/jackets. Schools also tend to have a voluntary contribution, ours was $40 per child for the year.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

I live in Ashby which is next to Tapping. My 7 year ols son goes to Tapping primary and he loves it there. Ashby is in the catchment area for that school. As for renting prices have gone up so expect to pay a minimum of $400 for a nice 4x2.

The uniform for Tapping primary can be bought from the school shop but you only need to buy the polo tops, jacket and hat from there that have the logo on, the black shorts and jogging bottoms for the winter can be bougth from places like Target or K Mart.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Sarah
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:09 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hiya,

I live in Ashby which is next to Tapping. My 7 year ols son goes to Tapping primary and he loves it there. Ashby is in the catchment area for that school. As for renting prices have gone up so expect to pay a minimum of $400 for a nice 4x2.

The uniform for Tapping primary can be bought from the school shop but you only need to buy the polo tops, jacket and hat from there that have the logo on, the black shorts and jogging bottoms for the winter can be bougth from places like Target or K Mart.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Sarah
Hi Sarah

Our friends are moving to Tapping so we may well move to that area.
What are the commuting times to the CBD and is the local high school any good or would it need to be private?
As N.B has already said the private school is oversubscribed that may be an issue for new families moving to the area
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:31 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
What are the commuting times to the CBD
Tapping is ten car minutes from Currambine train station. The train then takes 25 minutes to Perth or another couple of minutes to Esplanade. Then between two and five minutes walk depending on where you are in the CBD.

Trains go every 5 minutes in the rush hour.

You can download the train timetables here:
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Time...icleType=false

You want the "Joondalup line".

Gina
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah

Our friends are moving to Tapping so we may well move to that area.
What are the commuting times to the CBD and is the local high school any good or would it need to be private?
As N.B has already said the private school is oversubscribed that may be an issue for new families moving to the area
I would say that with driving to the station and walk from station at the other end you are probably talking an hour. Wanneroo Senior High School doesn't enjoy the best of reputations. Saying that I don't know anyone who goes there so the reputation to me is just that, a reputation rather than first hand experience. Catholic Schools in the area are Mater Dei in Joondalup, Prendiville Catholic College in Ocean Reef and Irene McCormack in Butler. Other privates are Lake Joondalup Baptist, Quinns Baptist and Peter Moyes. St Marks at Hillarys is nigh on impossible to get in to and forget St Stephens at Duncraig as I couldn't even put my 5 year old down for high school and she doesn't go for another 7 years!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:37 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Tapping is ten car minutes from Currambine train station. The train then takes 25 minutes to Perth or another couple of minutes to Esplanade. Then between two and five minutes walk depending on where you are in the CBD.

Trains go every 5 minutes in the rush hour.

You can download the train timetables here:
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Time...icleType=false

You want the "Joondalup line".

Gina

Thanks again Gina! That's a couple of bottles of wine now
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:38 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by northernbird
I would say that with driving to the station and walk from station at the other end you are probably talking an hour. Wanneroo Senior High School doesn't enjoy the best of reputations. Saying that I don't know anyone who goes there so the reputation to me is just that, a reputation rather than first hand experience. Catholic Schools in the area are Mater Dei in Joondalup, Prendiville Catholic College in Ocean Reef and Irene McCormack in Butler. Other privates are Lake Joondalup Baptist, Quinns Baptist and Peter Moyes. St Marks at Hillarys is nigh on impossible to get in to and forget St Stephens at Duncraig as I couldn't even put my 5 year old down for high school and she doesn't go for another 7 years!
Thanks C.

I'll have a look at the catholic ones as my kids go to a catholic school now
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

Thanks C.

after seeing your facebook pics that is why I put them first. Catholic primary schools are Banksia Grove, Wanneroo, Woodvale, Currambine, St Andrews Clarkson, St Simon Peter Ocean Reef, Whitfords Catholic OS and Brighton Catholic PS in Butler. I hear good things about Currambine, Woodvale and Whitfords. Don't know much about the others although sme's son and daughter go to Brighton Catholic.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks C.

My daughter goes to Prendiville Catholic and I would highly recommended it. It's a lovely school.
Tracie
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Davey n Di is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
after seeing your facebook pics that is why I put them first. Catholic primary schools are Banksia Grove, Wanneroo, Woodvale, Currambine, St Andrews Clarkson, St Simon Peter Ocean Reef, Whitfords Catholic OS and Brighton Catholic PS in Butler. I hear good things about Currambine, Woodvale and Whitfords. Don't know much about the others although sme's son and daughter go to Brighton Catholic.

Hi there,

I'm following this thread with interest as I'm also moving to Perth (hopefully this August) with my family. I'm looking at living in the Northern suburbs (Woodvale, Pearsall, Madeley areas). I have two sons 12 & 9 and would welcome any advice on good schools (I'm not Catholic). I was looking at Woodvale Senior High School for my oldest as it seems to have a good rep, but I assume that this is a Catholic school from your reply re Woodvale PS.

Can you recommend any schools? Also, I'll be on a 457 Temp (Long Stay) Business Visa, do I need to pay school fees?

Thanks in advance.

Di
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
My daughter goes to Prendiville Catholic and I would highly recommended it. It's a lovely school.
Tracie
My mate's daughter is a teacher there, she says it's a great school too.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Davey n Di
Hi there,

I'm following this thread with interest as I'm also moving to Perth (hopefully this August) with my family. I'm looking at living in the Northern suburbs (Woodvale, Pearsall, Madeley areas). I have two sons 12 & 9 and would welcome any advice on good schools (I'm not Catholic). I was looking at Woodvale Senior High School for my oldest as it seems to have a good rep, but I assume that this is a Catholic school from your reply re Woodvale PS.

Can you recommend any schools? Also, I'll be on a 457 Temp (Long Stay) Business Visa, do I need to pay school fees?

Thanks in advance.

Di
There are 3 primary schools in Woodvale, St Lukes is the Catholic one. Woodvale SHS is state high school and not catholic. No school fees on a 457, have to pay for school supplies but so does everyone.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
My mate's daughter is a teacher there, she says it's a great school too.
We have been delighted with every aspect of it. Really nice school.
Tracie
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickpower75

any help would be good

cheers in advance
I live in Carramar, over the road from Tapping. Both good areas with good schools. You will find a lovely rental for the money you want to spend. Not over priced here.
And....some great shops opening soon!!! (and a pub)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.