Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Take your gardening equipment ?

Take your gardening equipment ?

Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Take your gardening equipment ?

Could you ever get them clean enough ?

We have a Flymo lawnmower, i've jetwashed it, but unless i get something like a toothbrush to it theres no chance i will get it spotless

Stu
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Take your gardening equipment ?

Originally Posted by Stu Ward

We have a Flymo lawnmower, i've jetwashed it, but unless i get something like a toothbrush to it theres no chance i will get it spotless

Stu
Our ancient Flymo has lost it's fly - it's more of a 'carrymeroundthegarden-o'. Gonna get a new one over there when we know how much grass we've got!

Could always give it a coat of paint underneath?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:16 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Stu

Not sure how well it would work with a flymo but I brought all our gardening stuff and petrol lawnmower with no problems. The magic ingredient...hammerite. After a thorough clean all tools and lawnmower had several generous coats.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:38 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Stu
Dont bother, most Aussie grass laughs at flymos.........mm
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mr mover
Dont bother, most Aussie grass laughs at flymos.........mm
i was thinking most aussie grasses are a bit too tough 4 flymo!

I wish i had brought my joseph bentley tools though!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Stu
Don't bother. Be like a lot of us and pay someone else to do it.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:58 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Don't bother. Be like a lot of us and pay someone else to do it.
One of the first things to go out the window when the dollar bites is , the small service industries.
Where as us in the box, moving industries tend to benefit as people all over Australia jocky for positions ..........mm