Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Sydney Thread.

The Sydney Thread.

Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is There A Sydney Thread...?

I recommend the novels by Robert G Barrett which are set around Bondi for a good introduction to Sydney. He writes about everyday stuff - going to the pub, the beach, The Cross (Les Norton the hero works in a club in the X)
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:30 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saveme
I think the 'Coogee' in WA is pronounced differently to NSW?????

Being a surf wimp I favour Clovelly and the pub is good too.
I had a dream I was speaking to Hayden Pannetierre on Clovelly beach recently. Just the visa would do though.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

I'm another one heading out there this year although unless I win the lottery between now and then we won't be living near the beaches - looks like it's the burbs for us

Just come back from a reccie and I am still reeling frem the house prices
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

W leave May 10th. Not certain where we will live yet, though thinking about Gymea Bay area in the short term for a furnished appartment, as we are not taking most of our furnishings, and then may Revesby Hights for a longer term house.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Hi, We are bound for Sydney. Hopefully flying end of June. OH joining Oz army - so we will get a house of the army. Location remains to be seen.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by verystormy
W leave May 10th. Not certain where we will live yet, though thinking about Gymea Bay area in the short term for a furnished appartment, as we are not taking most of our furnishings, and then may Revesby Hights for a longer term house.
My brother lives at Picnic Point, only just over the River Road I think from Revesby Heights. I have grown to like the area having previously been 'sniify' about it when I lived in Surry Hills. I think there's a lot going for it - leafy, nice homes, close to the bush and Panania, Revesby & Padstow all have good shopping centres.

Hayden Pannetierre - to my shame, had to Google - thought it was a bloke too - then I saw the 'Heroes' link and it clicked!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Where to live for us all comes down to price. As i wont be working in the CBD - I will be working several hundred miles outside the city, we can be away from the centre and that way hopefully get more for our money.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:17 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
How do I change the thread title?
Done
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:26 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millie11
Hi, We are bound for Sydney. Hopefully flying end of June. OH joining Oz army - so we will get a house of the army. Location remains to be seen.
A 3 bed bivouac in the bush probably!!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:04 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Sydney Thread.

Bumped
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Helloooo Sydney! I shouldn't be much more than 8 weeks away now..

might have a look at some rental shares today. Oh, and jobs! Don't forget the jobs, Dan... moderately important
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by pacey
Helloooo Sydney! I shouldn't be much more than 8 weeks away now..

might have a look at some rental shares today. Oh, and jobs! Don't forget the jobs, Dan... moderately important
Not you again.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sorry, am i stalking you? I was trying to be subtle about it.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by pacey
sorry, am i stalking you? I was trying to be subtle about it.
*Hopes Pacey doesn't find out where I live in Syd*
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

well, i don't know your real name or what you look like but i reckon i can give tracking you down a good go! Straight to the CBH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.