Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Sydney Thread.

The Sydney Thread.

Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:10 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default The Sydney Thread.

Like the Melbourne one that just popped up? If not, we should get one.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:58 pm

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is There A Sydney Thread...?

Hopeful bump!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:18 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like this is the official Sydney thread
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:28 pm

How do I change the thread title?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Don't know but I would join

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
How do I change the thread title?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:36 pm

In the meantime, I'm from London hoping to be out there in the next few months on a 457 (4 nyear work visa) which is being held up by a labour agreement dispute with the labour hire firm dealing with my application :curse:

I'm gonna be in Randwick for a few weeks then maybe Coogee for a while as I was there before. Be good to know everyone else's plans. Will be working as a recruitment consultant.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

"Will be working as a recruitment consultant"
might be an idea to not broadcast that bit too loudly

I love Coogee and Randwick. Try the Coogee Bay Hotel. Not sure now but used to be great for BBQ's.

I grew up around the Maroubra way. A lot different now though
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:44 pm

I've been sales up to now so I'm not a recruitment consultant yet! I know the CBH well!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in!

off in mid may if all goes to plan. Graphic designer. Also hoping to find a place in coogee.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:02 pm

Jeez, we'll have to start a Coogee hread as well at this rate!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

well there's a coogee over in perth too as far as i know, so you'll need to be specific!

the only downer for me about coogee is that the surf isn't so good, in every other way it's exactly what I'm after! The body surfing there rocks though! Crazy huge waves breaking over shallow sand.. fun! Just don't break your neck..
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by pacey
well there's a coogee over in perth too as far as i know, so you'll need to be specific!

the only downer for me about coogee is that the surf isn't so good, in every other way it's exactly what I'm after! The body surfing there rocks though! Crazy huge waves breaking over shallow sand.. fun! Just don't break your neck..
Maroubra's only up the road though
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah it is a great one...but I am biased

Maroubra's only up the road though
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep maroubra is a nice spot. Up the road i can live with, i guess.. but i am moving the other side of the world you know, got to have some kind of standards!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pacey

I think the 'Coogee' in WA is pronounced differently to NSW?????

Being a surf wimp I favour Clovelly and the pub is good too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.