Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney meet and about time too !!!!!!!!!!!

Sydney meet and about time too !!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 20th 2005, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney meet and about time too !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Hi guys

Good luck with the move, sounds like you are excited about your new place... look forward to the housewarming party ..hee hee

Steve and Heather xx

Hey I've got a great idea. Why don't we have the meet at ours and everyone can help us move....

Nick
Old May 20th 2005, 8:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
It's for a nice reason that we have to be a bit flexible at the moment - I was given a hot air balloon trip in the Hunter Valley as a birthday present from my very lovely Bloke, but we've not been able to go because of either the weather, guests staying, weddings and christenings and not-to-be missed events like the FA Cup final...
and thats the way it should be
if u can make the meet, it would be great to see u both again and find out how things have gone
Old May 20th 2005, 11:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igual
Hey I've got a great idea. Why don't we have the meet at ours and everyone can help us move....

Nick
good idea. im in !!!!
Old May 20th 2005, 11:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Hi guys

Good luck with the move, sounds like you are excited about your new place... look forward to the housewarming party ..hee hee

Steve and Heather xx
trus u, any excuse for a drink !!!!!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soapy
Right everyone in Sydney. The last meet was so successful that I thought it was about time for a new meet. I think the Saturday was a better day to have it too.
The venue was fab for adults and kids, so I don’t see any reason to change that either.
http://www.discoversydney.com.au/parks/centennial.html

map
http://www.multimap.com.au/map/brow...&multimap.y=198

map2
http://www.cp.nsw.gov.au/maps/index_ie.htm

now the date is the 4th of June and the time is 12ish

right, I’ve worked out a meeting place.
if u use map2 from the post above u will get a detailed map of the park. There’s plenty of BBQ sites but I think the best one with toilets and ponds other things to do is......
the BBQ on Grand drive, next to the learners cycleway. Be careful there’s 2 BBQs next to each other. If you are unsure check with me.
Ill post my phone number the night before, again just in case.
now its up to u lot to keep this thread going.
We hope to see you there,Claire,dan and boys...
Old May 21st 2005, 7:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
We hope to see you there,Claire,dan and boys...
funny eh, i was down fishing at little bay today and thought i better check to see if your going to the meet. log on here and uv beat me too it lol
cant wait to see u all

soapy
Old May 21st 2005, 1:51 pm
Master of verbal pish©

bump again, come on folks keep this thread up so we can get as many as we can
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

bump again, come on folks keep this thread up so we can get as many as we can
Hi Soapy,

We would love to come along, thats me, hubby and 2 kids, this will be our first meet so tell us what we need to bring and we'll be there.

Louise
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

Default Q

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hi Soapy,

We would love to come along, thats me, hubby and 2 kids, this will be our first meet so tell us what we need to bring and we'll be there.

Louise
if its a nice day we will be having a BBQ. if its not too nice maybe u could bring some ready made food for u and the kids to eat. u never know u might get somw nutter who will still BBQ in the rain (me ). some bring wine, beer or even a flask.
its a great day out and a good way to chat to people who understand what u have just gone through. its a great mix of people all just out for a fun day, hope to see u there.
soapy
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

Hi Soapy,

Louise
i meant to ask u. how long have u been in sydney?
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

i meant to ask u. how long have u been in sydney?
Arrived on the 16th March, so about 7/8 weeks.
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

Arrived on the 16th March, so about 7/8 weeks.
ah well its just a nice time to get to meet other expats. u can share all your news about your new life with us. our first meet was about a year ago now and we never miss one. its always great to meet new people who have just arrived and catch up with others u have met before. u get all their goss on how things are going for them, so every meet just seems to get better and better.
soapy
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

ah well its just a nice time to get to meet other expats. u can share all your news about your new life with us. our first meet was about a year ago now and we never miss one. its always great to meet new people who have just arrived and catch up with others u have met before. u get all their goss on how things are going for them, so every meet just seems to get better and better.
soapy
Look forward to it. It will be our 8th wedding aniversary on the 6th so we may even stretch to a bottle of bubbly or two!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Look forward to it. It will be our 8th wedding aniversary on the 6th so we may even stretch to a bottle of bubbly or two!!
aw coll, ill bring the glasses
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

aw coll, ill bring the glasses
No problem, my mum always taught me to share

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.