Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old May 8th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by glorianic
You are not as old as me but I would love to join you for drinks

Glorianic - portsmouth
Hi Glorianic,

Whereabouts in Portsmouth are you from? We moved over from Cosham last year.

Cheers

Ian
Old May 8th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ian

We live in Waterlooville and hope to move to Sydney next year where my daughter lives.How did you find emigrating we are retired so I hope it wont be a long and drawn out thing.

Gloria
Old May 8th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gloria,

Our move out here certainly wasn't long and drawn out. We only had six weeks notice of moving as it all came about through a job offer where they wanted me to start ASAP.

So six weeks later the six of us (we've got four kids) were in Sydney having never been to Australia before.

I don't know what the immigration process is like if you want to retire here but if you post in the immigration forum then there are agents who are regular contributors who will probably be able to help.

We've been here just over six months now and I think the whole family has finally started to settle. I have been lucky from a work point of view and am happy in my new job and the kids have settled well into school.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions etc.

Ian
Old May 8th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ian

You were lucky Debi emigrated January 2006 so she sould gets her residency in January 2008 and then she can sponser us, she lives in St Ives and has 2 children who go to St Ives High School she really loves it and is waiting to sell her house here so she can buy a house in St Ives. Which part of Sydney do you live, she works for Tabcorp and her husband works for a Fire protection company

Gloria
Old May 8th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gloria,

Coming out via the employer sponsored route has certainly made things easier for us. We looked at Skilled Independent and the amount of forms that you have to fill in was daunting to say the least.

We live in Wahroonga which is just down the road from St Ives. My eldest son who is 13 also goes to St Ives High and is really enjoying it there.

Ian
Old May 8th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

My grandaughter Amber Lloyd is 13, ask your son if he knows her. It will be funny if he does.

Gloria
Old May 9th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glorianic
My grandaughter Amber Lloyd is 13, ask your son if he knows her. It will be funny if he does.

Gloria
Hi Gloria,

Its a very small world. Ben (Harriss) does know Amber. Apparently they used to be in the same maths group and are also at the same football club.

Ian
Old May 15th 2007, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Originally Posted by yanH
Hi Gloria,

Its a very small world. Ben (Harriss) does know Amber. Apparently they used to be in the same maths group and are also at the same football club.

Ian
Who's coming out to play this week? We're meeting at the Redoak Bar on Clarence Street from 6:30pm. Hope to see you all soon.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:12 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katherinious
Who's coming out to play this week? We're meeting at the Redoak Bar on Clarence Street from 6:30pm. Hope to see you all soon.
I'll be there, but then you knew that didn't you!

S
Old May 15th 2007, 6:15 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

I'm match fit and available for team selection! So i'll be coming out to play, at least untill mum calls me in when dinner is ready...
Hmmm, think i've been staring at this screen a little too long.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

I'll be there

Debs
Old May 15th 2007, 9:42 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debilloyd
I'll be there

Debs
Looks like it will be a big turn out this week...

S
Old May 16th 2007, 5:21 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I know there's another thread, but I can't be arsed to look for it and I'm subscribed to this one.

Anyhoo, me an' 'im'll be there.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:26 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused. Which thread are we meant to be following now?

katherinious - I thought you wanted to kill this thread off?!

If I could think of something else to write, I could use another smilie
Old May 16th 2007, 5:31 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
I'm confused. Which thread are we meant to be following now?

katherinious - I thought you wanted to kill this thread off?!

If I could think of something else to write, I could use another smilie
I'm waiting for an update, Mrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.