Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old May 1st 2007, 2:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Anyone up for beers this week? I feel like a sack of poo today, but I dare say by Thursday that will have changed...

S
Old May 1st 2007, 4:07 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Anyone up for beers this week? I feel like a sack of poo today, but I dare say by Thursday that will have changed...

S
Count me in old chap! Am also feeling under the weather, think i have a cold.
Sure i can fight that off though and force alcohol on the system. Anywhere in mind?
Old May 1st 2007, 4:09 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Count me in old chap! Am also feeling under the weather, think i have a cold.
Sure i can fight that off though and force alcohol on the system. Anywhere in mind?
It's funny you should mention having a cold - I don' think I've had a cold since I arrived.

Hadn't given it much thought - I think we may be missing some of the regulars this week, but I'm always open to suggestions...

S
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:06 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

It's funny you should mention having a cold - I don' think I've had a cold since I arrived.

Hadn't given it much thought - I think we may be missing some of the regulars this week, but I'm always open to suggestions...

S
Darn it! Been reet busy with work and not following the thread. Even so, am up for beers tonight if others are? As for venue... I'm just going to look in my Ladybird book of Boozers and will post some poorly researched suggestions in a minute! BRB.
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:05 am
has lost The Game

Darn it! Been reet busy with work and not following the thread. Even so, am up for beers tonight if others are? As for venue... I'm just going to look in my Ladybird book of Boozers and will post some poorly researched suggestions in a minute! BRB.

There's nothing to follow! Nobody has posted anything!

It looks like it may well just be me and thee tonight then mate. Maybe a steak and kidney pie in the Townie?

S
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:16 am
Ooh my gout...

There's nothing to follow! Nobody has posted anything!

It looks like it may well just be me and thee tonight then mate. Maybe a steak and kidney pie in the Townie?

S
Relief. Balmain back up plan then, sounds good!

Worried it was getting quiet, maybe no-one wants to come out and play?
My thoughts for CBD were - its breaking the rules about double visiting the same bars, but as i don't know CBD that well... Wouldn't mind a return visit to RedOak (for those tasty beers) or Angel (decent atmosphere).
Outside of CBD, we should do the many good bars in Paddington sometime.
What about the Lord Wolseley in Ultimo also? Perhaps that should go on the list to complete the list of Lord Something pubs?
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:21 am
has lost The Game

Relief. Balmain back up plan then, sounds good!

Worried it was getting quiet, maybe no-one wants to come out and play?
My thoughts for CBD were - its breaking the rules about double visiting the same bars, but as i don't know CBD that well... Wouldn't mind a return visit to RedOak (for those tasty beers) or Angel (decent atmosphere).
Outside of CBD, we should do the many good bars in Paddington sometime.
What about the Lord Wolseley in Ultimo also? Perhaps that should go on the list to complete the list of Lord Something pubs?

Those all sound like good suggestions. I found a good bar in The Cross last night called Barrons - sort of up some stairs on top of a restaurant, but the atmosphere was great. It was like a house party in a huge front room. I think people would really like it.

Also, last night I managed to find myself at the Sydney Fashion Week after show party. Sheesh. I have never seen so many ill looking, stick thin women in my life! Still, the beer (and more importantly the Pimms) was free, so a late start for me today!

S
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:44 am
Ooh my gout...

Those all sound like good suggestions. I found a good bar in The Cross last night called Barrons - sort of up some stairs on top of a restaurant, but the atmosphere was great. It was like a house party in a huge front room. I think people would really like it.

Also, last night I managed to find myself at the Sydney Fashion Week after show party. Sheesh. I have never seen so many ill looking, stick thin women in my life! Still, the beer (and more importantly the Pimms) was free, so a late start for me today!

S
Thats weird, i looked on the web at Barrons Bar and Restaurant earlier. There were a few posts about people not getting in, or having to order food etc. But thought it looked a good place. Chesterfield armchairs - nuff said! You had no probs then?
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:51 am
has lost The Game

Thats weird, i looked on the web at Barrons Bar and Restaurant earlier. There were a few posts about people not getting in, or having to order food etc. But thought it looked a good place. Chesterfield armchairs - nuff said! You had no probs then?
It was late in the scene when we went, so they had stopped serving. The people I went with did say that normally you have to buy a bowl of chips in the restaurant, and eat them before you can go upstairs to the bar. Something to do with licensing or other.

S
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:14 am
has lost The Game

It was late in the scene when we went, so they had stopped serving. The people I went with did say that normally you have to buy a bowl of chips in the restaurant, and eat them before you can go upstairs to the bar. Something to do with licensing or other.

S
Well, 5 o'clock is looming. What are we up to?

S
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

I work round the corner from the Lord Wolseley in Ultimo, it is my local on a Friday lunchtime. We used to be able to sit in the park but that's been stopped. Still the staff are nice - its a right 'ol boozer - could have found it in the East end of London somewhere!
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

You are not as old as me but I would love to join you for drinks

Glorianic - portsmouth

Originally Posted by debilloyd
God I feel so old reading all those threads, I'm 42 but didn't feel too old when I went drinking with you lot. Am the only one who has tipped over in the 'mature lady' category?

Debs

ps. I'm not a Northerner either, I'm from good 'ol Milton Keynes
Old May 8th 2007, 9:35 am
has lost The Game

Are we up to anything this week? I wasn't in the office today, but I'm free on Thursday evening if anybody else is...

S
Old May 8th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

I'm low on funds this week, was the other half's birthday last week so count me out for this week but in for next week but out for this week.

Have fun
Debs
x
Old May 8th 2007, 9:43 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by debilloyd
I'm low on funds this week, was the other half's birthday last week so count me out for this week but in for next week but out for this week.

Have fun
Debs
x
Cool, we have started another thread about next week, in an attempt to give people plenty of warning.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448131

Hope to see you then.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.