Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:55 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by melanie1982
Hi,
Just read this thread. I'm been in Sydney for 6 months now and work in the CBD - how did that meet up go? Have you got anymore planned.
Hi Melanie,

We meet up pretty much every week in the city, usually on a Thursday at around 6:30 in a pub or bar that is usually picked in the last 10 minutes before everybody leaves work. When we have been to a place, we review it and pop the review into the BE Sydney Wiki. Which reminds me: I must do last weeks.

Normally, we meet for drinks and a bite to eat and a bit of a cheeky catch up. There are quite a few of us, and some weeks we get more than others, but there is a hardcore group that always comes out. We're pretty friendly, and don't bite, and newcomers are always welcome. There are no real rules, except no kids, as they arn't old enough to get a round in.

It's the public holiday this week, so I'm not sure if there will be a Thursday meet up, but I'm sure that normal service will be resumed next week. we may get something off the ground tomorrow, but it's looking unlikely now...

Feel free to come along. Watch this thread for the location.

S
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Hi,
Just read this thread. I'm been in Sydney for 6 months now and work in the CBD - how did that meet up go? Have you got anymore planned.
Yep, like Chels said, I reckon we can hail these as a success! There's a bunch of 20-30 somethings that have been meeting almost every Thursday since this was first posted. I think we're a friendly bunch & newbies are most welcome. If you can read back through the old posts, you'll see that we usually meet in the CBD or the inner west. I'm not sure if there are any plans afoot this week, Swerv-o is our social coordinator so see what he says.... though I suspect he will have beaten me too it and replied already. I can't come out to play for at least another 3 weeks due to being inundated by inlaws... but when they go back, we will certainly be coming out again
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Originally Posted by katherinious
Yep, like Chels said, I reckon we can hail these as a success! There's a bunch of 20-30 somethings that have been meeting almost every Thursday since this was first posted. I think we're a friendly bunch & newbies are most welcome. If you can read back through the old posts, you'll see that we usually meet in the CBD or the inner west. I'm not sure if there are any plans afoot this week, Swerv-o is our social coordinator so see what he says.... though I suspect he will have beaten me too it and replied already. I can't come out to play for at least another 3 weeks due to being inundated by inlaws... but when they go back, we will certainly be coming out again
I'm just too slow aren't I! darn you swerv-o with your fast typing.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:10 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

It's the public holiday this week, so I'm not sure if there will be a Thursday meet up, but I'm sure that normal service will be resumed next week. we may get something off the ground tomorrow, but it's looking unlikely now...

S
You not going out for a few to celebrate Anzac day?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
You not going out for a few to celebrate Anzac day?
There is a plan of sorts taking shape, but it's still fairly fluid. Will let you know when it gets a bit more substantial.

S
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:38 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

There is a plan of sorts taking shape, but it's still fairly fluid. Will let you know when it gets a bit more substantial.

S
I think it may be some sort of law that people go out on Anzac day.

We were thinking of heading into CBD around lunch time. If anyone is up for it, or happy to defer to better laid plans
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:38 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
I think it may be some sort of law that people go out on Anzac day.

We were thinking of heading into CBD around lunch time. If anyone is up for it, or happy to defer to better laid plans
Get K to check her email.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

melanie1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by chels
Get K to check her email.
That sounds really cool, I only work in Martin Place so CBD location is ideal! What kind of places do you go to in the city? I'll try and keep up with the threads to see where you're going next!!! Do you have many londoners in your group?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:22 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds really cool, I only work in Martin Place so CBD location is ideal! What kind of places do you go to in the city? I'll try and keep up with the threads to see where you're going next!!! Do you have many londoners in your group?
No, we're al northerners. We take it in turns to share the sheep. We simply ask that you don't report us.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Any room for a young'un?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:24 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichP
Any room for a young'un?
Not unless you bring a sheep.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Not unless you bring a sheep.
That could be arranged. I'll go give me ex a ring...
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:27 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by RichP
That could be arranged. I'll go give me ex a ring...
You're a farmer then?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:30 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Geordie George
You're a farmer then?
Hey, it's my turn for the sheep next week...

S
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:31 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Hey, it's my turn for the sheep next week...

S
I booked the damn thing - that ewe is mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.