Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:53 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Why don't we just eat there? That way people can snack/meal/whatever while we're playing pool. They are free to do their own thing when they want. Instead of having to be at a certain place at a certain time to order...

S
Didn't know that they did food, that was all.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Didn't know that they did food, that was all.
Yes, they do $5 steak deals and other such stuff. They are owned by the same people who own Strattons, just up the road, where many of us all first met!

S
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:14 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

They are owned by the same people who own Strattons, just up the road, where many of us all first met!

S
I didn't realise that... I hope it's got a better atmosphere than Strattons!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:16 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they do $5 steak deals and other such stuff. They are owned by the same people who own Strattons, just up the road, where many of us all first met!

S
Okey dokey. See you there on Thursday at about half six.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Okey dokey. See you there on Thursday at about half six.
Gosh, that was easy...

S
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:28 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Gosh, that was easy...

S
Give it time, it's still only Tuesday.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:31 am
has lost The Game

Give it time, it's still only Tuesday.
That's true. There needs to be at least an "I don't like the Shark bar" post, a couple of panic posts, an alternative plan post, then going going back to this plan...

S
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:32 am
Cup of tea, Father?

That's true. There needs to be at least an "I don't like the Shark bar" post, a couple of panic posts, an alternative plan post, then going going back to this plan...

S
I've already covered point 1, so nobody else can do that. On to the emergency spatula type posts.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:33 am
has lost The Game

I've already covered point 1, so nobody else can do that. On to the emergency spatula type posts.
At least the weather can't scupper this plan...

(He says, suddenly thinking how easy it would be for the basement bar to flood)

S
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:36 am
Cup of tea, Father?

At least the weather can't scupper this plan...

(He says, suddenly thinking how easy it would be for the basement bar to flood)

S
Underwater pool? It might work.

I'm off to have a bit of a tidy up of this shithole before Mr GG returns home (less of your comments about my death-defying lifestyle, you! ). Catch you later, tater.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Can't do this Thursday, out with work but def up for a drink next time.

have fun
Debs
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Seventh Floor is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't go to the Gala Dinner as I don't fit the demographic - I'm over 50

Is there anyone out there who would like to have meet ups with an over 50 in the Temporary Retirement visa subclass 410 group?

I'd like to meet some expat poms to have a whinge - naturally, and reminisce about home, which in my case was Tunbridge Wells in Kent. I can easily get into the city most evenings and some days.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:33 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

I'll be there as usual... Sorry not been on forum for a while, been snowed under with work. Will be good to have a night off!

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Whereabouts is the Shark Bar? Me and Mrs yanH are hoping to pop along tomorrow (kids allowing) but can't work out where it is
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:13 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Just reading the BE newsletter, I've seen about the sparkly new features of the meet up calander. Just wondered whether we should perhaps add our meets there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.