Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:23 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Sorry to hear that GG... Think you have the best approach, just get your head down and get on with it, that way you can reward yourself with a few drinks later - guilt free.
Think i'm going to have a crazy afternoon and not sure if i'll be at home, out west or in the city.. So can't agree to wear anything identifiable for the newbies. Don't think i have any distinguishing features unlike Swervo-s sideys.

wemadeit, debilloyd - are we going to see you later? think you'll be able to spot a bunch of brits in the Art House, or would you be happier if i PM you contact details. Lol, i previously fell victim at first meet up of introducing myself to random brits in a bar and asking the question "are you those people off the internet".

Luckily i escaped with just a restraining order...
Well, I'll be coming straight from work. I have a light blue/greensih (turquoise?) tshirt on, that says 'Trainee cabin crew: Tiki Airlines' and jeans. If that helps anyone? (Are there newbies coming along, or have we just not met up in so long that we've forgotten what we all look like?!)

ETA: Oh, and there's my photo in the gallery (link on the left), too. Forgot about that.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Blooregard Q Kazoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Well, I'll be coming straight from work. I have a light blue/greensih (turquoise?) tshirt on, that says 'Trainee cabin crew: Tiki Airlines' and jeans. If that helps anyone? (Are there newbies coming along, or have we just not met up in so long that we've forgotten what we all look like?!)

ETA: Oh, and there's my photo in the gallery (link on the left), too. Forgot about that.
I may pop along as I could use a couple of beers. Who should I look out for?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:09 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blooregard Q Kazoo
I may pop along as I could use a couple of beers. Who should I look out for?
See Geordie George's post above...

IndigoFoot aka social secretary - I'm still feeling quite rough but I'm having to endure a works function for a while and the alcohol may pep me up enough to venture along to the Arthouse for a drink. So may see you, may not...
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Yep I'll be there along with another expat Sandra. See you later.

Debs
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Yep I'll be there along with another expat Sandra. See you later.

Debs
I've decided to go, I'll be wearing a green t-shirt with Bench on it, and a white baseball cap. See you there.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

I went along but wasn't able to find anyone Ah well, maybe next time...
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:21 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blooregard Q Kazoo
I went along but wasn't able to find anyone Ah well, maybe next time...
Sorry to hear that. We were hanging around by the door of the ground floor, but moved on at about 7.30 pm - we didn't think anyone else was coming afte that time.

Definitely come along next time! If you pass your contact details over to one of us (by PM), we can make sure we keep you up to date about where we are.

I think next time we should also perhaps try a slightly quieter, smaller place?

Nice to see everyone again.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Strange, you may have seen me when I arrived at about 6.45. Have to say, I was totally underdressed, i.e. not wearing a shirt & tie, for that type of bar.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:50 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Yikes! Its Tuesday already so time to start thinking about Thu drinkies...
Swerv-o - You gonna be back in time for drinks? Can't remember when you get back, but hopefully in time to get us all organised!

Quick check then. Whats the injury list like for this week. Everybody have their sicknotes ready?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:16 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definately on the mend, and up for a drink on Thurs (esp. with no work the next day ).

I think Swerv-o will be back and is intending to be out that evening, jet lagged or not.

So what do we fancy this week? Trendy bar or dive? Intimate or warehouse sized? Expensive or cheap as chips? Sports facilities (ie a darts board or pool table) or live music? Indoors or outdoors? CBD or inner west - or somewhere like Surry Hills or Darlinghurst? Pub food or venture on somewhere for something to eat (I fancy a curry...)?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:14 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Yikes! Its Tuesday already so time to start thinking about Thu drinkies...
Swerv-o - You gonna be back in time for drinks? Can't remember when you get back, but hopefully in time to get us all organised!

Quick check then. Whats the injury list like for this week. Everybody have their sicknotes ready?
Oh yes. Infact, I'm back now - got in this morninbg, and now safely settled down at my desk for an afternoon of pretending to be working when really I'm sleeping...

Jet lag aside, I'm definitely up for beers on Thursday. I'm sure it will have subsided by then anyway...

S
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:15 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
I'm definately on the mend, and up for a drink on Thurs (esp. with no work the next day ).

I think Swerv-o will be back and is intending to be out that evening, jet lagged or not.

So what do we fancy this week? Trendy bar or dive? Intimate or warehouse sized? Expensive or cheap as chips? Sports facilities (ie a darts board or pool table) or live music? Indoors or outdoors? CBD or inner west - or somewhere like Surry Hills or Darlinghurst? Pub food or venture on somewhere for something to eat (I fancy a curry...)?
There's a nice curry house in Balmain...

S
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:16 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Just luvin yer work....

Welcome home!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:20 am
Mozzie magnet

I've just found out I'm entitled to half a day off on Thursday (hey, sometimes working for the Government is great!) so I don't mind where we go
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:09 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
There's a nice curry house in Balmain...

S
I know just where you mean. I'd second (third?) that nomination. A ruby would go down a treat.

We'll be there, regardless.

(Glad that you made it home safely, N.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.