Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:09 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Hi All,

Know its only monday, but thought i'd get some early opinions this week. More importantly, check on the health of all out there! Everyone feeling better after the weekend and looking forward to thursday drinks?
I'm still ill

But starting to feel like I'm on the mend
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:37 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Know its only monday, but thought i'd get some early opinions this week. More importantly, check on the health of all out there! Everyone feeling better after the weekend and looking forward to thursday drinks?
We'll definitely be coming out on Thursday - if only for the reason to stop Swerv-o gloating that we all fall to bits unless he's here to organise us.

Given the choice, the inner west would be my first choice. But we're easy - if everyone else wants CBD, we'll be there, too.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:25 am
Just Joined

shellsplace is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm in & looking fwd to seeing everyone
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

I'd like to come along, I've only just found this thread but haven't been on for a while. CBD or Darling Harbour would be my first choice.

Debs
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Hi All

Glad to hear people are on the mend! we are up for a few bevvies this week. CBD is best for us. Looking forward to a venue being sorted out days in advance hehe.

Any views on where we are going yet, or is that just jumping the gun abit!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
Hi All

Glad to hear people are on the mend! we are up for a few bevvies this week. CBD is best for us. Looking forward to a venue being sorted out days in advance hehe.

Any views on where we are going yet, or is that just jumping the gun abit!!
My cold is definitely on its way out, so I think we'll be up for doing something this week. Am impressed by the planning, Swerv-o might almost have something to live up to when he returns, so long as no one mentions last week. Or the week before. Or the fact that we all came down with the lurgy, thanks to his voodoo ways.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:06 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Hi All,

This is good news, people are recovering and looking forward to thursday drinks - and its still only tuesday!! Looks like the majority are interested in CBD, so i'd like to suggest we pick somewhere in CBD. Ha, how decisive. But then again, i am still an innocent newbie and don't really go out drinking much...
Anyone got any exciting suggestions for new bars? I think i've got a book of Sydney bars at home that i could have a look at tonight for a new random venue? But interested in any recommendations ;-) Angel was good a few weeks back, maybe a good starting location too?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:00 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katherinious
My cold is definitely on its way out, so I think we'll be up for doing something this week. Am impressed by the planning, Swerv-o might almost have something to live up to when he returns, so long as no one mentions last week. Or the week before. Or the fact that we all came down with the lurgy, thanks to his voodoo ways.

I don't have Voodoo ways! I think you're just paranoid!

Glad to see that Indigofoot has taken on the mantle and got everyone organised.

I'm really missing Sydney and you lot, so am looking forward to getting back next week. I will definitely be up for some beers next Thursday, as the following day is Good Friday, so a nice long lie in.

And as for Indigofoot suggesting that he doesn't go out drinking much? How did you loose your phone again?

Have a good week.

S
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

I've been here before and quite liked it - what do people think?

http://www.thearthousehotel.com.au/index.asp?id=83
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:12 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Ooh, not been there. So thats a thumbs up from me!
So unless there is violent disagreement. We have our venue. So:

Thu, 29/3/07
The Art House Hotel, Pitt St
6:30pm onwards...

Damn, we need one of Swerv-o's identifiable tshirts.. Or maybe some stick on sideburns. Any one want to volunteer to dress up as 'the master'?! GG - I think you should stand at the bar with a teapot shouting 'AAAH ya will!'.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:24 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Thu, 29/3/07

Damn, we need one of Swerv-o's identifiable tshirts.. Or maybe some stick on sideburns. Any one want to volunteer to dress up as 'the master'?! GG - I think you should stand at the bar with a teapot shouting 'AAAH ya will!'.
The last thing I need is encouraging to stand on a bar.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:01 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Thu, 29/3/07

I'm happy to volunteer as the identifiable BE member - people just have to listen out for the woman who sounds like she smokes 50 fags a day, coughing her guts up.

Yes, still ill, and still whinging about it
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:30 am
Ooh my gout...

Come on the Chels, how you feeling today? Any improvement?
Even if you are better, you do realise you've volunteered to stand and cough loudly most of the night!
Whilst i'm doing the rounds, how is everyone else - fighting fit i hope?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:36 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Come on the Chels, how you feeling today? Any improvement?
Even if you are better, you do realise you've volunteered to stand and cough loudly most of the night!
Whilst i'm doing the rounds, how is everyone else - fighting fit i hope?
I'm drowning under a sea of work and uni work. Natch, the only way to deal with it is the ostrich approach, which is why I'm looking forwards to this evening.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:19 am
Ooh my gout...

Sorry to hear that GG... Think you have the best approach, just get your head down and get on with it, that way you can reward yourself with a few drinks later - guilt free.
Think i'm going to have a crazy afternoon and not sure if i'll be at home, out west or in the city.. So can't agree to wear anything identifiable for the newbies. Don't think i have any distinguishing features unlike Swervo-s sideys.

wemadeit, debilloyd - are we going to see you later? think you'll be able to spot a bunch of brits in the Art House, or would you be happier if i PM you contact details. Lol, i previously fell victim at first meet up of introducing myself to random brits in a bar and asking the question "are you those people off the internet".

Luckily i escaped with just a restraining order...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.