Sydeny holiday

Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road
Default Sydeny holiday

Well we thought we'd fly in to Sydney, have a weeks holiday before heading over to Melbourne to begin the more serious business of sorting jobs, houses, bank accounts etc.

Can anyone recommended reasonably priced accommodation? We need two separate sleeping areas due to the kids, but place with sofas turning into a bed etc is fine. Everything i've found so far is really pricey!!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydeny holiday

Not sure what you class as reasonable, but we stayed at the Pacific International Apartments (now re-branded as "Break Free on George") when we came for a reccie in Nov 06. It was a great location - nice and close to Darling Harbour, right beside Chinatown and Paddy's Markets. The kids loved it.

I just had a look on lastminute.com and they have it at $219 per night for a family apartment (I assume that would be a one bed with the pull out sofa in the living area).

Wotif.com is another good site to book cheap accommodation here; I think you can book up to 2 months ahead. There's always the option of cheaper accommodation out of town, but we found it great with the kids to be central and having the option of popping back to the apartment for some chill out time if anyone got tired and grumpy

BTW if you are travelling on public transport here and have kids over 5 you only pay for the adults and one child, regardless of the number of kids with you.