Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't think I can wait much longer.

Don't think I can wait much longer.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:53 pm
superam74

Angry Don't think I can wait much longer.

Here's my story so far, Me & my wife decided to move to Australia in Sep03.We went to my solicitor & he said he would help us with all the forms.He got us through the skills assessment quite smoothly but it still took him till Sep04 to send off our main application.DIMIA sent that one back in Dec04, saying that my Tra assessment hadn't been included (which it had).Anyway Feb05 we sent off the exact same application, then we got the dreaded news that our application had been refused because my sister in Oz had been adopted & we weren't closely related enough for her to sponsor me (subclass 139 visa).
So we then ditched our solicitor ( who still charged us £2500 by the way)
& got on to a proper agent & re applied in Aug05 in the skilled independant category. It's now Dec & I'm checking my emails morning & night to see if my meds have been requested. On top of all this I'm stuck in a crap job with crap people gettin pissed on by crap rain every day. I know there are countless people on this site with the same problems & some with worse ones,but I just needed to let off some steam.ALL I WANT IS A VISA!!
thanks for listening. Pete.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:55 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don't think I can wait much longer.

I'm stuck in a crap job with crap people gettin pissed on by crap rain every day. I know there are countless people on this site with the same problems Pete. [/QUOTE]

True...and some of us are in Australia
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:01 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

So your actual app is Aug 05. Thats only 4 months. Dont know what the timelines are now but it was 12 months
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:05 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by superam74
Here's my story so far, Me & my wife decided to move to Australia in Sep03.We went to my solicitor & he said he would help us with all the forms.He got us through the skills assessment quite smoothly but it still took him till Sep04 to send off our main application.DIMIA sent that one back in Dec04, saying that my Tra assessment hadn't been included (which it had).Anyway Feb05 we sent off the exact same application, then we got the dreaded news that our application had been refused because my sister in Oz had been adopted & we weren't closely related enough for her to sponsor me (subclass 139 visa).
& got on to a proper agent & re applied in Aug05 in the skilled independant category. It's now Dec & I'm checking my emails morning & night to see if my meds have been requested. On top of all this I'm stuck in a crap job with crap people gettin pissed on by crap rain every day. I know there are countless people on this site with the same problems & some with worse ones,but I just needed to let off some steam.ALL I WANT IS A VISA!!
Chin Up Son,things can only get better,hang on in there.Dig out some great music,turn it up,open a couple of bottles of vino callapso (available in all good supermarkets next to the cider!!)
light a candle and think nice thoughts ........failing that come and play rugby for us tommorrow,always need extras in the 3rds!!! keep smiling.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:07 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously dont drive yourself mad with it. It could be 12 months. Plan for that and anything else is a bonus
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:44 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the August applicant thread Iin the immi forum im sure a couple of people have had there med and pc requests recently are you on the MODL?

If so its 4 to 6 months at the mo!!

Good Luck
kris xx
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Hi Pete
We have actually applied for a Canada visa, but whilst I always log into the Canada Immigration forum, decided to have a look around the other forums.
Your thread sounds so familiar to regular discussions on the Canada forum. It is a frustrating process that the Immigration Departments put us through - surely it doesn't have to be so hard? Dont lose hope. Good luck in the future.
Nik
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:25 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

phew pete, that was said with some feeling

the urgent visas (MODL and 139) are currently taking 7 months from application to end. the non urgent (like mine..... ), are taking 12 months :scared:

few things have added to the work load at DIMIA. new staff which have to trained, and a massive intake of applicants this year - great, it would have to be OUR year, wouldn't it?

so, hang on in there.
xx
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:34 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
phew pete, that was said with some feeling

the urgent visas (MODL and 139) are currently taking 7 months from application to end. the non urgent (like mine..... ), are taking 12 months :scared:

few things have added to the work load at DIMIA. new staff which have to trained, and a massive intake of applicants this year - great, it would have to be OUR year, wouldn't it?

so, hang on in there.
xx
It must be compounded by the fact that a little over 1 yr ago (and for some time) visa's were being granted within 4 weeks to 2 months?

It took us 1 year and 3 months to get our visa and it seemed like an eternity until we received our request for meds and PCC's.

Hang in there though, to all concerned....Good things come to those to wait (including a pint of Guinness)
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:37 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
It must be compounded by the fact that a little over 1 yr ago (and for some time) visa's were being granted within 4 weeks to 2 months?

It took us 1 year and 3 months to get our visa and it seemed like an eternity until we received our request for meds and PCC's.

Hang in there though, to all concerned....Good things come to those to wait (including a pint of Guinness)
does the 1 year 3 months include your skills assessment?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:49 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

does the 1 year 3 months include your skills assessment?
Nope!

That took approximately 6 weeks (ACS). It took me almost 1 month just to collect the job references etc. Probably the most involved part of the whole process.

It was an odd experience having a cuppa in the QVB in Sydney as that was our very first point of correspondence in our immigration saga, for the ACS skills assessment. Lovely building it is too.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:00 pm
Never going back

was you one of the pre-julyers? what visa type was you?

it must have seemed like an eternity, you poor things. at least you got it in the end though
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Don't think I can wait much longer.

Hey Pete,
I can imagine how you must feel, but please don't give up of your dream!
You put already so much time, energy and money in it, it would be pity to give up now. I am sure the Meds will be requested any moment... so chin up and go till the end! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

As for me, my hubby and I are busy with TRA skill assessment, collected all the documents and soon to be sent of to Canberra. So, stressful days start for us too, but I have my hope and I stay positive, no matter what!

good luck!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:11 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

was you one of the pre-julyers? what visa type was you?

it must have seemed like an eternity, you poor things. at least you got it in the end though
Yep.

We applied on 13th April 2004. We actually made the deadline with about 4 hours to spare (assuming that the DIMIA office closed at 5pm?).

We found out on this site that the points requirement were increasing and so I immediately took a day off work, prepared our application and DHL'ed it on the Monday evening preceding the 2004 Easter weekend. It was odd that one package took a weekend to get from UK to Adelaide and the main application took almost 1 week. To add insult to injury, the DHL online tracking system went tits-up and only showed the package leaving Reading, transiting in Melbourne and then finally showing signed-for 3 days after the deadline. A worrying time I can tell you. We sent on our relationship evidence after the main application as we had only just got married and had not gathered together all the stat-decs and general paperwork.

But yeah, we got there in the end. Phewww!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Pete,

Hope this cheers you up. Do you remember we were refused for the same reason as you (applied 138 Jan 04 and not refused until Mar 05 after meds, pccs and bond lodged). Like you, we then applied again as electricians had been added to MODL and we had enough points to go for 136. We re-did meds and pccs and front loaded these and we got our precious visas on the 17th October. Since then, things are looking up. We put the house on the market almost immediately and got a buyer within three weeks. We're hoping for a completion date in or around end January and we should be on the Gold Coast as soon as possible after that. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that even after all we've been through, things CAN work out in the end - especially if you persevere. And I think you defo appreciate things more. Hope things work out for you. Keep us posted. Michelle x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.