Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

superannuation advice please

superannuation advice please

Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:28 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default superannuation advice please

yawnnn yes i know pensions are a boring subject but can anyone recommend a decent fund ? medium-ish risk as i need to make up for lost time
Any advice greatly appreciated as i havent got a bloody clue

regards

Lee

ohhh forgot to mention the company use LUCRF....any opinions ???
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Re: superannuation advice please

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
yawnnn yes i know pensions are a boring subject but can anyone recommend a decent fund ? medium-ish risk as i need to make up for lost time
Any advice greatly appreciated as i havent got a bloody clue

regards

Lee

ohhh forgot to mention the company use LUCRF....any opinions ???
In the present market I would put into a cash fund. Have a look at the performance for the last 6-12 months of any share invested fund.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:37 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ossigeno
In the present market I would put into a cash fund. Have a look at the performance for the last 6-12 months of any share invested fund.
any recommendations ?

I wont hold you responsible if it all goes belly up

Lee
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Forest tim is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing i would suggest is that you get financial advice - there is a lot riding on the wrong decision, especially regarding where to invest (fund performance, fees, outlook) and the timing of your entry to the market. A 2 or 3 per cent difference per annum in growth can make a huge difference to the final pay out.

Timing is important - I have friend who invested last year in a fund and has seen 10-15% of its value removed.

On top of where and when to invest you also have to take into account the exchange rate (i presume you are transferring from the UK) and ask yourself would you be better deferrring the decision?

Some people will be looking at re-entering the market in the near future, based on the fact that it has fallen so far in the recent past. On the other hand, others think that some sectors (e.g. banking) could fall futher.

Therefore my suggestion is to get advice rather than DIY.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Couldnt agree more - go to a good financial advisor. Obviously you will have to choose a fund of some description when you start work, if you havent already done so. Most of the funds have a range of products so you can take the riskier option if you know that you arent going to need to live off the money for aeons. This page is as good a place as any to start thinking strategically about your super and what questions you will need to ask of your financial advisor.