gold coast
29.79%
sunshine coast
70.21%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

sunshine vs gold

Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: sunshine vs gold

Its got to be the GC for us too, its so beautiful there.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:24 am
is it me or dave

The Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
But relatively speaking Surfers is such damn small part of the GC. It's like saying you wouldn't live in Hertfordshire because Stevenage is a dump - not the best analogy but you get my drift.

I've been here 18 months and probably been in Surfers 3 times. I don't see druggies, or drunks falling out of clubs and we don't have hoons but I live on the GC and it's stunning.

edit: on the other hand, everyone continue to think the place is dump. Happy to keep it the way it is - not so many people
Careful got a few friends who live in Stevenage.

As for the GC - SC thing. GC all day(in my opinion), no need to do Surfers plenty of other stunning beaches up and down the coast. Been upto the SC and found it a bit quiet after living down here for 6 months.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Chief
Careful got a few friends who live in Stevenage.

As for the GC - SC thing. GC all day(in my opinion), no need to do Surfers plenty of other stunning beaches up and down the coast. Been upto the SC and found it a bit quiet after living down here for 6 months.
An ex boyfriend lived there, lots of the people are fine. The place itself is a dump though.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:31 am
is it me or dave

The Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really nice

An ex boyfriend lived there, lots of the people are fine. The place itself is a dump though.
fair enough, must agree there are some shocking pubs there.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We went to both when we visited. I preferred the SC and my hubby preferred the GC. The Gold Coast was lovely although I didn't particularly like Surfers but there are loads of other really nice areas.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:19 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

you wont like my answer

if your going to base your move on other peoples opinions and a poll you need your head examining

go, look, decide, its your life and only you can should be responsible for such a decision

regards steve
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Lived on both, unless your planning to theme park every weekend, in which case gold coast wins hands down the 2 coasts offer pretty much the same once you live there.

Biggest prob with either coast is work, I dont think people realise so many people commute from bris from both coasts, every time the question gets asked everyone says too far, yet thousands do it every day, just head on the highway from 5 - 8 am any weekday from either coast if you dont believe it.

Yet once people arrive they still seem suprised there are more jobs for waiters than investment bankers Latest spate of people moving back are tradies, a lot cant hack a coast job often means working where you get sent, around a 90 minute radius is considered all in a days work, pay and working conditions being bit less than a dream too.

If you can nail work either coast is probably the emigration dream newly arrived brits seem to crave.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:34 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
you wont like my answer

if your going to base your move on other peoples opinions and a poll you need your head examining

go, look, decide, its your life and only you can should be responsible for such a decision

regards steve

hi steve we are not basing our move on others opinions we have been and we love both i was just interested on seeing if others were torn like us

we know that at the end of the day its our lives and only we can decide
thanks everyone

jan xx
Old May 1st 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doub
there is a lot more to the Gold Coast than Surfers Paradise.
you could happily live on the GC and never go to Surfers.
Personally, I prefer Broadbeach, Coolengatta, Sanctuary Cove, Southport, The Spit, Burleigh Heads, Kirra, Lamington National Park

I agree...having said that I don't mind Surfers, don't go there all the time but the Wed/Fri eve night market is really nice. Some paint this really bad picture of Surfers...its really not that bad at all, just alot of tourists...it is a holiday destination after all.

When we first moved over we looked at Sunshine and loved it! but having two young kids felt there was more going on down here, more job opportunities in the future.

We also would have had a real struggle with work for my husband in the Sunshine coast so GC it is and I wouldn't change a thing.....absolutely love it here!!!!!

Sue x
Old May 1st 2007, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

But relatively speaking Surfers is such damn small part of the GC. It's like saying you wouldn't live in Hertfordshire because Stevenage is a dump - not the best analogy but you get my drift.

I've been here 18 months and probably been in Surfers 3 times. I don't see druggies, or drunks falling out of clubs and we don't have hoons but I live on the GC and it's stunning.

edit: on the other hand, everyone continue to think the place is dump. Happy to keep it the way it is - not so many people
Well said
Old May 6th 2007, 9:14 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Stay away from the GC that way I can enjoy it more...

The GC is much more than Surfers as everyone has said. But hell I lived near the beach in the UK, this is no comparison.

This is paradise...

Nick
Old May 6th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

We prefer the Sunshine Coast but we have only holidayed on the Gold Coast. Lived on the Sunshine for 4 years now and you would have to put up a great arguement to make me move. There are quieter and more upbeat places to chose to live on either of the 2 coasts. Spend some time in both places and get a feel for them. Both have plenty to offer families - lots to do, good climates etc!
SJ
Old May 6th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

my oh and i went to gc and sc about 2 weeks ago and both think sc is much better place to live in. Anyone live near caloundra!
Old May 6th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by camacazi
my oh and i went to gc and sc about 2 weeks ago and both think sc is much better place to live in. Anyone live near caloundra!
Loads of us.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Loads of us.
how long have you lived there? really liked the beaches and relaxed atmospher, saying that we went at easter and it was quite busy or is it always like that?oh is a joiner (kitchens) is there much jod opp there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.