Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Youth

Sunshine Coast Youth

Old May 8th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sunshine Coast Youth

hi,

Just an idea, have you thought of playing for Buderim soccer club. They have a few teams with all different ages of players to get in a social group?
Old May 8th 2006, 8:24 am
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi Jamie

We have a 16 year old son (17 in August) and we will be over as soon as we sell our house here in sunny UK. We are getting him into Mountain Creek High so he can meet other people. He is on MSN and Myspace as well. I'll get him to contact you because he'll be looking for mates when we get over.

What sort of music are you in to? Our son is into grungy noisy sort of stuff!, also, do you play any instruments? our son plays bass guitar and is in a band here. He plans on joining a band in OZ.

We have a son of 17 (18 in 2 weeks) he has found it hard to make friends. We have lived in Mountain Creek for 5 weeks now and my husband and I have made quite a few friends but known of them have kids Scotts age. He does not regret coming here though and I am sure everything will work out in the end. We have lived in Australia for 10 months now and we first lived in Toowoomba. Sunshine coast is much better than there. Good luck with your move and you will not regret it I can assure you.
Old May 8th 2006, 8:29 am
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carrianne
hi,

Just an idea, have you thought of playing for Buderim soccer club. They have a few teams with all different ages of players to get in a social group?
great idea my son will be finding our more about that thanks
Old May 8th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jubily
We have a son of 17 (18 in 2 weeks) he has found it hard to make friends. We have lived in Mountain Creek for 5 weeks now and my husband and I have made quite a few friends but known of them have kids Scotts age. He does not regret coming here though and I am sure everything will work out in the end. We have lived in Australia for 10 months now and we first lived in Toowoomba. Sunshine coast is much better than there. Good luck with your move and you will not regret it I can assure you.
Any idea of the music scene there? We are hoping to buy a Cafe / Coffee house in Buderim or close by and doing open mike nights. My son is well into his music (grungy noisy crap!!) and hopes to make friends with people with similar tastes.

BTW How have you and your husband made friends?
Old May 8th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Is it really that bad for 16/17/18 year olds? I'm quite worried that our son won't be able to make friends easily. Over here he has a massive group of friends and he is never at home.

I don't want him stuck in his bedroom with nothing more than his computer for company.

Hopefully he will be doing year 12 at Mountain Creek High, do you think this will give him a chance to meet local people?
My son will be 16 in june and will be starting at school when he arrives maybe we can get them all together
Old May 8th 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sunshine Coast Youth

Originally Posted by Carrianne
hi,

I have already spoken to someone there by email about my 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter.The bloke seemed great and as football is such a big part of there lives here i thought it would be a great place for them to start meeting mates with at least this in common.
Old May 8th 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by upthehammers
I have already spoken to someone there by email about my 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter.The bloke seemed great and as football is such a big part of there lives here i thought it would be a great place for them to start meeting mates with at least this in common.
i've just emailed buderim and maroochydore football clubs about my son joining one of their teams. you can see a full list of the clubs in the area on this website www.sunshinecoastfootball.com.au if you are interested. selina x
Old May 9th 2006, 12:00 am
julie

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Hey guys,

Just writing in to see if there are any young (16-25) POMs on the Sunshine Coast that may want to meet up and meet a few other Brits?

I'm a 19 year old guy, and I recently moved here from the UK in September 2005 with my family, I have met a few other people, and realise that it can be a very daunting experience for a young person to move to the other side of the planet!

I have also set up a myspace group if you are signed up on myspace, the group address is:

http://groups.myspace.com/sunshinecoastexpats

Come and join up! That, or drop me a line at [email protected]

Cheers guys,

Jamie

PS. If any adults see this message and have kids on the Sunshine Coast area that might want to get in touch, feel free to pass on my email, and the web address for the myspace website!

Hi Jamie hope you got my message yesterday. I wrote to tell you about our son Scott. He is 17 (18 in 2 wks) just noticed you are on line. Our computer is playing up so I thought I would make sure you got our message.
Thanks
Julie
Old May 9th 2006, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Hi Jamie hope you got my message yesterday. I wrote to tell you about our son Scott. He is 17 (18 in 2 wks) just noticed you are on line. Our computer is playing up so I thought I would make sure you got our message.
Thanks
Julie
Hi Julie,

Yeah I got your message thanks, sorry I didn't reply, yesterday was a bit hectic! I'll definitely give you a call on the home phone some time, or text Scott on his mobile number (which I think you also gave me?)

Thanks again, speak soon

Jamie
Old May 9th 2006, 2:48 am
julie

Any idea of the music scene there? We are hoping to buy a Cafe / Coffee house in Buderim or close by and doing open mike nights. My son is well into his music (grungy noisy crap!!) and hopes to make friends with people with similar tastes.

BTW How have you and your husband made friends?
We were lucky enough to have a friend here already, so he introduced us to some other people and so on. We also joined the surf club on Mooloolaba beach which does good food and is a good social place to start with. They also have some good nights down there as well.
Old May 9th 2006, 2:54 am
julie

Hey guys,

Just writing in to see if there are any young (16-25) POMs on the Sunshine Coast that may want to meet up and meet a few other Brits?

I'm a 19 year old guy, and I recently moved here from the UK in September 2005 with my family, I have met a few other people, and realise that it can be a very daunting experience for a young person to move to the other side of the planet!

I have also set up a myspace group if you are signed up on myspace, the group address is:

Cheers guys,

Jamie

PS. If any adults see this message and have kids on the Sunshine Coast area that might want to get in touch, feel free to pass on my email, and the web address for the myspace website!

Hi Jamie
has the rest of your family been lucky enough to settle in and make a few friends?
julie
Old May 9th 2006, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Hi Jamie
has the rest of your family been lucky enough to settle in and make a few friends?
julie
Hey Julie,

Once again, apologies for not contacting you back promptly, I have just been writing a long private message to a certain member of this forum who implied that I am negative, and that I ignore peoples posts. Neither of these opinions are true however!

My little sister is at Mountain Creek State Hgh School, and she is loving it! She's made loads of friends (they all think her accent is really cool LOL), and she is getting on fine. She even likes going to school here, she hated it in the UK!

My mum and dad have met a few people, who they really get on with, the weird thing is most of the mates they have made are also from the UK! We have created our own little Britain here! The thing with my parents is that they don't hold as much importance in friends as I do, so they don't really care if they have a big social circuit or not (they do anyway, but if they didn't then they wouldn't stress about it too much...)

As for little old me, I have met a few people, but it has been difficult, I won't deny that. I always like to meet new people, which is why I posted this thread! Have already been in contact with a few people, so it's all going quite well at the moment...Plus I start a new job on the 15th May, so I will meet a few people there too!
Old May 9th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jamie

We have a 16 year old son (17 in August) and we will be over as soon as we sell our house here in sunny UK. We are getting him into Mountain Creek High so he can meet other people. He is on MSN and Myspace as well. I'll get him to contact you because he'll be looking for mates when we get over.

What sort of music are you in to? Our son is into grungy noisy sort of stuff!, also, do you play any instruments? our son plays bass guitar and is in a band here. He plans on joining a band in OZ.
Hey Kevin,

I don't play any instruments, but I do like a wide range of different musics.

Good luck with the move

Jamie
Old May 9th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Is it really that bad for 16/17/18 year olds? I'm quite worried that our son won't be able to make friends easily. Over here he has a massive group of friends and he is never at home.

I don't want him stuck in his bedroom with nothing more than his computer for company.

Hopefully he will be doing year 12 at Mountain Creek High, do you think this will give him a chance to meet local people?
It is for some...I mean if you have no central place to meet new people then it's always going to be a problem.

You never know until you get here though, everyone is different, and everyone handles it differently.

Back in the UK I had a large group of mates too, who I miss dearly, and for me it was hard adjusting to the fact that I had been taken away from that by my parents. However, I do realise they did it for my well being, and it is a better life here...
Old May 11th 2006, 12:27 am
Just Joined

carot cake is an unknown quantity at this point

hey jamie mate, just headin down the gym, u heading down today?
pete

Hey guys,

Cheers guys,

Jamie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.