Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Youth

Sunshine Coast Youth

Old May 2nd 2006, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Arrow Sunshine Coast Youth

Hey guys,

Just writing in to see if there are any young (16-25) POMs on the Sunshine Coast that may want to meet up and meet a few other Brits?

I'm a 19 year old guy, and I recently moved here from the UK in September 2005 with my family, I have met a few other people, and realise that it can be a very daunting experience for a young person to move to the other side of the planet!

I have also set up a myspace group if you are signed up on myspace, the group address is:

http://groups.myspace.com/sunshinecoastexpats

Come and join up! That, or drop me a line at [email protected]

Cheers guys,

Jamie

PS. If any adults see this message and have kids on the Sunshine Coast area that might want to get in touch, feel free to pass on my email, and the web address for the myspace website!

Last edited by jdt3000; May 2nd 2006 at 7:11 am.
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Sunshine Coast Youth

A
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sunshine Coast Youth

B
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:46 am

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,

I was up there for 2 weeks while my dad was looking for a job, but now we are down at the central coast would of been good to meet up with you tho. Im 17 year old guy about to go into year 12 back to school after 2 months off ah well perhaps there will be some ladies to amuse me

best of luck up on the sunny coast
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
hey,

I was up there for 2 weeks while my dad was looking for a job, but now we are down at the central coast would of been good to meet up with you tho. Im 17 year old guy about to go into year 12 back to school after 2 months off ah well perhaps there will be some ladies to amuse me

best of luck up on the sunny coast
Yeah would have been cool. The only reason I'm having a problem is because I'm above school age, and I can't get a job (believe me, I have been trying for the last 7 months, ever since I got here! No one seems to want to employ me!)

I know there are other guys/gals here on the coast in the same position, but they just don't have any way to get in contact with each other...apart from on here!

If there is anyone who reads this who is in a similar position, write in, you're not alone!
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:21 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Yeah would have been cool. The only reason I'm having a problem is because I'm above school age, and I can't get a job (believe me, I have been trying for the last 7 months, ever since I got here! No one seems to want to employ me!)

I know there are other guys/gals here on the coast in the same position, but they just don't have any way to get in contact with each other...apart from on here!

If there is anyone who reads this who is in a similar position, write in, you're not alone!
hehe youll get somewhere eventually... perhaps spend some time doing some TAFE courses? such as the coffee one.. so that will at least get you quallys to work in a coffee shop. Then give your CV a bit of a spruce up and "lie" a little and list your relatives as references and just tell those relatives to lie for you I know its not right but desperate times call for desperate measures... lemme know how u get on
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

C
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

D
Old May 4th 2006, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

E

PS. If anyone is wondering why I'm going through the alphabet in this thread, its because I'm trying to bump the post up!
Old May 4th 2006, 1:24 am
Just Joined

carot cake is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mate, im here livin in buderim to, came over from the uk last may with my girfriend, were both 19, or i will be on monday! i think a few of us are goin down for a barbie on monday at maloolabah if u fance joinin us for a beer? i also go to the goodlife jym to, so might see u next time your down there. give us a call on XXXXXXXX an we can arrange to meet up,

cheers

pete

Hey guys,

Just writing in to see if there are any young (16-25) POMs on the Sunshine Coast that may want to meet up and meet a few other Brits?

I'm a 19 year old guy, and I recently moved here from the UK in September 2005 with my family, I have met a few other people, and realise that it can be a very daunting experience for a young person to move to the other side of the planet!

I have also set up a myspace group if you are signed up on myspace, the group address is:

Cheers guys,

Jamie

PS. If any adults see this message and have kids on the Sunshine Coast area that might want to get in touch, feel free to pass on my email, and the web address for the myspace website!

Last edited by Pollyana; May 14th 2006 at 9:59 am. Reason: Removing phone number!
Old May 6th 2006, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Hey guys,

Cheers guys,

Jamie

Jamie,

I think what you are doing is a really positive move and I wish you luck with it but have you considered doing a TAFE course? I know you probably don't relish the idea but it would be a fantastic way of meeting new people plus it could improve your job prospects? I know that makes me sound like an old fogey but it really and truly could be the answer to your social life problems? Also by doing a course that interests you you are more likely to meet like-minded people.

Just a thought,

I'll pass your info on to a friend of mine with a 16 year old who's been struggling a bit,

Lou
Old May 6th 2006, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kulu
Jamie,

I think what you are doing is a really positive move and I wish you luck with it but have you considered doing a TAFE course? I know you probably don't relish the idea but it would be a fantastic way of meeting new people plus it could improve your job prospects? I know that makes me sound like an old fogey but it really and truly could be the answer to your social life problems? Also by doing a course that interests you you are more likely to meet like-minded people.

Just a thought,

I'll pass your info on to a friend of mine with a 16 year old who's been struggling a bit,

Lou
At the moment Kulu I'm trying all avenues to make some friends...I have done a few courses at the local TAFE, but unfortunately haven't met anyone yet that I have kept in contact with! The courses I have done have been short 2-3 week courses, and in those classes I have met a few people I got on with, but we just haven't kept in touch...at least no one said they wanted to keep in touch!

At the moment all I want to do is get a job and start earning some money, as I was working full time in the UK, and would feel like I'm taking a step backwards by going back into full time education...

Have looked at a few university courses though just to see, some look pretty good, the only major problem is that they cost so much...So that rules out just going to university to make some mates, as I would need to be serious about whatever subject I choose...And as I'm unsure about what area of career I want in life, I am hesitant to spend so much money on a course when I might change my mind about it half way through...I have no major interest in any particular field currently offered...

Hopefully when I get myself a full time job it will put me in a position to meet new people, so I'm very hopeful about that...

Thanks for the advice though Kulu

Jamie
Old May 6th 2006, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie

We have a 16 year old son (17 in August) and we will be over as soon as we sell our house here in sunny UK. We are getting him into Mountain Creek High so he can meet other people. He is on MSN and Myspace as well. I'll get him to contact you because he'll be looking for mates when we get over.

What sort of music are you in to? Our son is into grungy noisy sort of stuff!, also, do you play any instruments? our son plays bass guitar and is in a band here. He plans on joining a band in OZ.
Old May 8th 2006, 2:54 am
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice

Hey guys,

Cheers guys,

Jamie

Hi Jamie we have a son of 17 and he is going through the same as you. We live in mountain creek which is near you. He will be 18 in a couple of weeks so he will have some restrictions lifted, which should make it abit easier for him. Our home number is XXXXXX you are welcome to come round for a beer and a chat. We hav lived here for nearly 6 weeks now, so we are hopeing that he will find some people his own age soon. His mob number is XXXXXX and his name is Scott. Hope to speak or meet you soon

thanks

julie

Last edited by Pollyana; May 14th 2006 at 2:27 am. Reason: Edited to remove personal phone numbers!
Old May 8th 2006, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really that bad for 16/17/18 year olds? I'm quite worried that our son won't be able to make friends easily. Over here he has a massive group of friends and he is never at home.

I don't want him stuck in his bedroom with nothing more than his computer for company.

Hopefully he will be doing year 12 at Mountain Creek High, do you think this will give him a chance to meet local people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.