sunshine coast

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: sunshine coast

Sara,

Do you know how long it would take to get from Mooloolaba to Caloundra? We don't want to open an a/c with westpac if its going to take us hours to get to it

Thanks, Lynn xx
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=godfrey family-lets go!;6525634]
Originally Posted by Katehn
HI, Thanks for that, will pm you.
We are renting in Dicky Beach.
Kate
Hiya

The agency he used was called HRM, they are in Bulcock Street, he was lucky that he didn't have to join any others I suppose as they got him work quickly with the events centre, I think they send a lot of waiters etc there so have a close relationship with them, he did say that it was quiet at the moment so may be a bit different, depending on what type of chef's work he is looking for.

Can't help with the dentist I'm afraid as we have only used the school one!! Although some friends of mine were recommended one, of course I can't remember the name now!!! I do know they are along the Nicklin Way past Kawana Shopping World on the left hand side, they have a moon on the sign!!! Helpful....?!?!?!

Where abouts are you renting now? We are in Kawana Forest after spending 7 months in a unit in Kings Beach!

PM me if you want any more details or if you fancy a coffee?

Sara x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Sara,

Do you know how long it would take to get from Mooloolaba to Caloundra? We don't want to open an a/c with westpac if its going to take us hours to get to it

Thanks, Lynn xx
It takes about 10 - 15 mins to drive to Mooloolaba from Caloundra
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Katehn
It takes about 10 - 15 mins to drive to Mooloolaba from Caloundra

Thank you my dear

Lynn xx
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:37 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, arriving in Brissie in August. Myself, OH, 1yr old and 3 yr old. Have been looking at booking temp accom for the 4 of us, ideally somewhere with a fenced yard for the kiddies to run around. Found somewhere on Kawana lakes, is this very close to Caloundra? and how far away from towns such as Redcliffe as we may end up there if OH can't get work on the coast.
Many thanks
x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

tonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to all

try googe earth as it will give you some idea of the distances, kawana to redcliffe is a long way unless your been paid a fortune but its not far from caloundra, im in noosa and i would`nt dream of working down there as its 50 mins drive on the bruce, if you live on the coast most poeple work on it and don`t drive far to work but thats my opinion from noosa anyway

good luck
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:56 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Plan is to live Caloundra/Buderim way (although we adore the look of Noosa but worried about work - OH is a plumber). BUT if the work is closer to Brisbane will settle Redcliffe way.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Hi Caloundra is an area i am looking into at moment for when we move out (fingers crossed) next year.

Found out a little from the web, but cant get any details on how far away it is from the coast. Can anyone help thanks!
Also what are the "best" parts of Caloundra (area) and are admin jobs widely available (O/H)

Many Thanks
Darren
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mydearboy1
Hi Caloundra is an area i am looking into at moment for when we move out (fingers crossed) next year.

Found out a little from the web, but cant get any details on how far away it is from the coast. Can anyone help thanks!
Also what are the "best" parts of Caloundra (area) and are admin jobs widely available (O/H)

Many Thanks
Darren
Hi , Caloundra is on the coast, I'm living in Dicky beach / Battery hill and am a 20 min walk to the beach.
We've only been here a couple of weeks so i can't help you out on the bad areas. Although someone mentioned that Warana wasnt that good!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hiya

We are in Caloundra and my hubbie is also a chef, he is pretty quiet at work at the moment but there are always plenty of job's advertised, when you arrive it will be getting busy again so there should be plenty of choice! He joined an agency as soon as we arrived and had work within a few days, that was in September last year.

Pity you aren't here sooner, he is advertising for a sous chef at the moment!!

Good luck with the move!

Sara
Sara, what is the restaurant called that your OH works at and where is it? Does it have a website address?

Lynn xx
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Sara, what is the restaurant called that your OH works at and where is it? Does it have a website address?

Lynn xx

I've sent you a pm Lynn

Sara x