Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The stupidity of drivers

The stupidity of drivers

Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down The stupidity of drivers

Why do so many aussie drivers drive in dangerous conditions without their lights on? Thick pea souper this morning and probably every 3rd driver I passed didn't have them on?! Thick or what! One was even a school bus!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:17 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The stupidity of drivers

Originally Posted by curly
Why do so many aussie drivers drive in dangerous conditions without their lights on? Thick pea souper this morning and probably every 3rd driver I passed didn't have them on?! Thick or what! One was even a school bus!
Were they all girls? you know how women drivers can be..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Not one - as it happens, I personally checked that out
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thick or what!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Because only SPEED matters here..dangerous driving is perfectly fine as is no lights, tail gating, undertaking, driving in the middle lane (on roads signed keep left),driving in thongs, kids driving high power V6's, etc, etc

Only SPEED matters.

If you don't believe me, I can scan and post on here a reply letter that I received from a senior person at the NSW RTA when I wrote to them recently about the introduction of mobile speed cameras.

After 5 months got a reply from the RTA. I actually sent my letter to the gay ex-roads minister before he was known publicly for using his official car for activities of the night and became the ex-minister
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:48 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Because only SPEED matters here..dangerous driving is perfectly fine as is no lights, tail gating, undertaking, driving in the middle lane (on roads signed keep left),driving in thongs, kids driving high power V6's, etc, etc

Only SPEED matters.

If you don't believe me, I can scan and post on here a reply letter that I received from a senior person at the NSW RTA when I wrote to them recently about the introduction of mobile speed cameras.

After 5 months got a reply from the RTA. I actually sent my letter to the gay ex-roads minister before he was known publicly for using his official car for activities of the night and became the ex-minister
No matter how many times people see those "No driving in thongs" adverts they just WILL not listen
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

I was just about to mention tailgating. I was driving home last night along a freeway in rush hour traffic and torrential rain and all the drivers in front of me and beside me were seriously up each other's asses. Its just so dangerous in those conditions. Do they think they're invincible or are they just stupid?!

Same when I'm stopped in traffic or at lights, you can practically see up the nose of the person behind sometimes because they're so close..
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:29 am
ABCDiamond

Maybe the fog confuses them, and they don't know what it is ???

I even forgot where my fog lights switch was. And never even considered the rear fog light.

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Jul 30th 2010 at 4:35 am.

Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Those who live in Brisbane bayside may well be aware that there's been major road work on Quarry Road in Birkdale/Thorneside. The speed limit is 40km. But yet unless there is someone holding a "Slow" or "Stop" sign, 80% of the drivers drive at 60+km. I don't get it. Can't drivers read the signs on the road?

Every morning, if I'm out early, I notice many of the traffic cones have been knocked down by stupid drivers the previous night.

Just a warning to those who might drive in the area - if you tailgate me or a few of the local residents, we slow right down to below 40.

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hotfuss
or are they just stupid?!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Those who live in Brisbane bayside may well be aware that there's been major road work on Quarry Road in Birkdale/Thorneside. The speed limit is 40km. But yet unless there is someone holding a "Slow" or "Stop" sign, 80% of the drivers drive at 60+km. I don't get it. Can't drivers read the signs on the road?

Every morning, if I'm out early, I notice many of the traffic cones have been knocked down by stupid drivers the previous night.

Just a warning to those who might drive in the area - if you tailgate me or a few of the local residents, we slow right down to below 40.

Mrs JTL
I get tailgated every single morning/afternoon to and from work, I get abused for doing the speed limit in the school zone and last week even had a prime mover go so far up my arse I nearly 'vomited a gear stick'.

Last week I also had a Landcruiser weaving from left to right to try and over take me, I resist the urge to call them thick, simpleton bastards that deserve to be in a half way house for stupid people, I ignore them. I dont break but like you, I slow it down.

And if they do go up my backside, I will have no hesitation in taking legal action, taking everything they own if they are not insured and I will have no care nor thought for the consequences to them or their family.

If anyone has any good (legal) tips on dealing with tailgaters then please let me know.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:44 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Maybe the fog confuses them, and they don't know what it is ???

I even forgot where my fog lights switch was. And never even considered the rear fog light.
Here's a funny thing, a while ago I was followed home by these numbskulls that put full beam on until there was a car coming the other way. So, I slowed right down thinking I'd rather have them in front of me than behind and they slowed too. This continued all the way (me having adjusted the rear-view mirror) until I turned off.

I recounted this story and at work as a 'look at the psychos you meet' and one of my workmates said she did the same ... she didn't realise (until told) that having full beam on will blind the car you are following so only dipped for on-coming traffic.

I was speechless.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:45 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I get tailgated every single morning/afternoon to and from work, I get abused for doing the speed limit in the school zone and last week even had a prime mover go so far up my arse I nearly 'vomited a gear stick'.

Last week I also had a Landcruiser weaving from left to right to try and over take me, I resist the urge to call them thick, simpleton bastards that deserve to be in a half way house for stupid people, I ignore them. I dont break but like you, I slow it down.

And if they do go up my backside, I will have no hesitation in taking legal action, taking everything they own if they are not insured and I will have no care nor thought for the consequences to them or their family.

If anyone has any good (legal) tips on dealing with tailgaters then please let me know.
A mate of mine had a switch wired to his brake lights, so, let them get real close then flick the switch. Childish but fun.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Slam on the breaks works, or if highway use handbrake so they don't see your brake lights! ...

If they plough into you then they're simply not leaving enough room are they, and pretty much 100% of the time will be to blame too!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh . . . chance would be a fine thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.