Reload this Page >

Student considering move to Aus

Student considering move to Aus

Old Jan 29th 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

JB15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Student considering move to Aus

Hey guys,
new to this sorta stuff but im a student from england and am a year away from completing my degree, i am currently in the north wales police special constables and was thinking of after graduation, moving to australia to join the police force over there, i know a few people there and am getting their oppinions i just wondered whether anyone could give me advice as to what to do next, who to ask questions to and what i can do?
Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:55 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student considering move to Aus

Originally Posted by JB15
Hey guys,
new to this sorta stuff but im a student from england and am a year away from completing my degree, i am currently in the north wales police special constables and was thinking of after graduation, moving to australia to join the police force over there, i know a few people there and am getting their oppinions i just wondered whether anyone could give me advice as to what to do next, who to ask questions to and what i can do?
Thanks
Not everyone is eligible to come and live in Australia, so the first thing you need to do is check to see if you would be able to obtain a visa.

Visa Wizard

Unfortunately, most young people would not be eligible for anything other than a Working Holiday Visa, which is a temporary visa aimed at the 30 and under age group, more designed to let you get a taste of the place really.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student considering move to Aus

Originally Posted by JB15
Hey guys,
Thanks
It probably is not going to work. Plenty of Austalians willing or join the police force and permanent residency or citizenship is normally required to sign up. From time to time, the police forces will recruit in from overseas, they have periodic recruitment drives on, but in this case they will be looking for experience policemen and women.

If you already hold citizenship or permanent residency, then by all means this is something you could consider, you would have as much chance as anyone else.