Stni

Old Oct 11th 2002, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stni

It seems that only Vic and SA are actively promoting STNI. My question is, does anyone know of a successful application where your occupation did not appear on the list of occupations in demand in that particular State, but was listed for another State.

For example, let's say that Victoria lists hairdressers but SA does not. If you were a hairdresser and particularly wanted to live in SA would it be worth contacting them to see if they'd sponsor you, or is the list of occupations for each State cast iron, no exceptions?

I'm thinking that maybe they would sponsor you rather than risk you moving to a different State (as the whole point of STNI seems to be to attract migrants to live there rather than elsewhere in Oz).

regards, adelaidegirl
Old Oct 11th 2002, 2:34 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stni

Hello AdelaideGirl.

I haven't encountered the situation you describe, but in the case of SA my belief is that their approach to STNI isn't quite as, how shall I say, well defined as in Victoria.

So if you or someone you know is interested in moving to SA I'd make contact with the people at Immigration SA and ask them whether they are interested in looking at a State Nomination, particularly as the occupation of hairdresser is on the MODL.

As I said on another post, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by adelaidegirl:
It seems that only Vic and SA are actively promoting STNI. My question is, does anyone know of a successful application where your occupation did not appear on the list of occupations in demand in that particular State, but was listed for another State.

For example, let's say that Victoria lists hairdressers but SA does not. If you were a hairdresser and particularly wanted to live in SA would it be worth contacting them to see if they'd sponsor you, or is the list of occupations for each State cast iron, no exceptions?

I'm thinking that maybe they would sponsor you rather than risk you moving to a different State (as the whole point of STNI seems to be to attract migrants to live there rather than elsewhere in Oz).

regards, adelaidegirl
Old Oct 11th 2002, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stni

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
Hello AdelaideGirl.

I haven't encountered the situation you describe, but in the case of SA my belief is that their approach to STNI isn't quite as, how shall I say, well defined as in Victoria.

So if you or someone you know is interested in moving to SA I'd make contact with the people at Immigration SA and ask them whether they are interested in looking at a State Nomination, particularly as the occupation of hairdresser is on the MODL.

As I said on another post, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Alan, like you say, it has to be worth trying. regards adelaidegirl