Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stereophonics In Brisbane

Stereophonics In Brisbane

Old May 7th 2008, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stereophonics In Brisbane

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
The closest for me is the Fringe Bar on Ann St (they used to have happy hour on friday last time I went) but I can make any place if you prefer?
Never heard of it Duncan (which i find quite horrifying )but we'll find it .Linda works in the city as well so she'll probs be there before me

re Fringe Bar we've found it now mate and will gladly meet you there

Last edited by bobbyftm; May 7th 2008 at 10:11 am.
Old May 7th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Friday 9th may THE ARENA ( in fortitude valley near Brunswick Street Station)
Doors open 8pm so plenty of time for a pre gig GLUG GLUG
Hi

me and my husband are going have just booked tickets he doesn t know yet its his birthday on the 20th and he ll be away for it so gonna surprise him on Friday. Saw phonics a few years back in the Move festival love them so talented. We live in Redland Bay so will prob get a train not to sure where to get off never been to the arena. Is it far from the station?

Sarah
Old May 7th 2008, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi

me and my husband are going have just booked tickets he doesn t know yet its his birthday on the 20th and he ll be away for it so gonna surprise him on Friday. Saw phonics a few years back in the Move festival love them so talented. We live in Redland Bay so will prob get a train not to sure where to get off never been to the arena. Is it far from the station?

Sarah
Here ya go Sarah it's the yellow sign with a white star (210 brunswick street)
http://www.yourgigs.com.au/map/index...enue_id=226933

If you use the curser over the glasses at the corner of constance and ann street you'll find the Fringe Bar if yous fancy a drink

Getting the train from Cleveland you'll probably have to change at central (due to refurbishments )to a service that stops at BRUNSWICK STREET
Hope it helps
regards bobby
Old May 7th 2008, 11:48 am
Just Joined

WlksW is an unknown quantity at this point

what time are you planning to stay in the ringe bar til - i can get there but not as early as some of you guys as i have to get the nipper off to sleep then get the bus.

Am i right in thinking you collect tickets at the door if you selected collect at venue or do i need to collect them tomorrow?
Old May 7th 2008, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by WlksW
what time are you planning to stay in the ringe bar til - i can get there but not as early as some of you guys as i have to get the nipper off to sleep then get the bus.

Am i right in thinking you collect tickets at the door if you selected collect at venue or do i need to collect them tomorrow?
Well doors don't open til 8 according to tickets and its only 5 mins to Arena (from Fringe Bar)
Old May 8th 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Mrs Haggis and a few friends saw them on Friday at the Forum in Melbourne and said they were excellent. Small venue, and a cracking atmosphere.
Haggis, you didn't miss that much. I was there and wouldn't have described the atmosphere as cracking! The venue was great, really small and intimate but the crowd seemed pretty disinterested and sat there onloooking politely, all very very surreal. The seemed a bit 'too cool for school' if I'm honest and the surreal atmos was made even more offputting but the fact the police were standing at the back......

Very strange indeed and hopefully not indicative of a live Melbourne gig as I wouldn't rush back if they're all like that

Edna x
Old May 8th 2008, 3:12 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I popped into the Fringe on my way home last night (took one for the team in the name of research) and happy hour is from 5 - 7 on Friday just ask whats on special at the bar.

I should be there between 5-5.30 (hopefully closer to 5) depending how the day goes. If anyone wants a contact number just drop me a PM.

If anybody else fancies a beer after work feel free to come along and say hi.

Never heard of it Duncan (which i find quite horrifying )but we'll find it .Linda works in the city as well so she'll probs be there before me

re Fringe Bar we've found it now mate and will gladly meet you there

Last edited by TrickyTree; May 8th 2008 at 3:20 am.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage
Haggis, you didn't miss that much. I was there and wouldn't have described the atmosphere as cracking! The venue was great, really small and intimate but the crowd seemed pretty disinterested and sat there onloooking politely, all very very surreal. The seemed a bit 'too cool for school' if I'm honest and the surreal atmos was made even more offputting but the fact the police were standing at the back......

Very strange indeed and hopefully not indicative of a live Melbourne gig as I wouldn't rush back if they're all like that

Edna x
Ah, I feel slightly better ! I've been to about 10 concerts in Melbourne (mostly all at Rod Laver Arena) and I find that the locals don't really get into it. Mostly they're strangely subdued.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

I popped into the Fringe on my way home last night (took one for the team in the name of research) and happy hour is from 5 - 7 on Friday just ask whats on special at the bar.

I should be there between 5-5.30 (hopefully closer to 5) depending how the day goes. If anyone wants a contact number just drop me a PM.

Hi me and the hubby are up for a few drinks beforehand not sure where the Fringe is but we ll find it.

Sarah
Old May 8th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Won't be there before 730 guys. Will be in the Fringe then.
Old May 8th 2008, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi me and the hubby are up for a few drinks beforehand not sure where the Fringe is but we ll find it.

Sarah
Hi Sarah this is the best i can do with my numpty knowledge of a computer
The orange sticker on the left is roughly where the arena is just a few doors away from the exit of brunswick st station .the yellow star is the fringe bar

http://www.yourbars.com.au/guide/fringe_bar/map/
Old May 8th 2008, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Got your number already mate will give ya a tinkle on arrival

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Won't be there before 730 guys. Will be in the Fringe then.
If you're definitely coming we'll gladly wait and have you a drink ready on arrival (sent you my moby)
Old May 8th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Got your number already mate will give ya a tinkle on arrival

If you're definitely coming we'll gladly wait and have you a drink ready on arrival (sent you my moby)
See you both their,moby is in memory
Old May 8th 2008, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Stereophonics In Brisbane

I will meet you guys in the Fringe bar - i would anticipate about 7.30 as bus is at 7.15.

Does everyone have tickets in hand or like me, does anyone have to collect on the door. In England im used to having the guarantee in my hand that im getting in so thats slightly weird. Still if they dont let me in there is always the drink.

See you later folks

Wayne
Old May 9th 2008, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Ticketmaster shows the following - looks like they are not on until 10.35 so plenty of time for people to catch up in the fringe bar.

Doors open: 8pm
Yves klein Blue: 8:30pm
British India: 9:30pm
Stereophonics: 10:35pm
**THESE TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE, AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.