Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stereophonics In Brisbane

Stereophonics In Brisbane

Old May 5th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice
Default Stereophonics In Brisbane

Just wondered if anyone else are catching the gig on Friday night in the Valley. Can't wait to see them in a smaller venue again just like the good old Nottingham/Rock City days. May have a beer with some fellow poms if your up for it.
Old May 5th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stereophonics In Brisbane

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Just wondered if anyone else are catching the gig on Friday night in the Valley. Can't wait to see them in a smaller venue again just like the good old Nottingham/Rock City days. May have a beer with some fellow poms if your up for it.
Mrs Haggis and a few friends saw them on Friday at the Forum in Melbourne and said they were excellent. Small venue, and a cracking atmosphere.

Sadly I had to travel to the UK and missed the gig. Grrrr.

Enjoy it, I'm rather envious !

Frustrated of Glasgow.
Old May 5th 2008, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Can't bloody wait to get out there and be able to see the band i'm watchin. We went to see the stereo's at wembley and I decided to stay in the bar coz at least the sound was good there aswell as the beer!!
We went to Brixton Academy to see the Manics, were about 20 ft away, and it turned out to be one of the best gigs we have seen....
Big Arena's......F**K Em!!!
Old May 6th 2008, 3:53 am
Just Joined

WlksW is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Stereophonics In Brisbane

Hey demented

Im going to the gig and am up for a beer if you fancy it.

PM me and we can swop numbers.

Cheers fella
Old May 6th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

dave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by trevamather
Can't bloody wait to get out there and be able to see the band i'm watchin. We went to see the stereo's at wembley and I decided to stay in the bar coz at least the sound was good there aswell as the beer!!
We went to Brixton Academy to see the Manics, were about 20 ft away, and it turned out to be one of the best gigs we have seen....
Big Arena's......F**K Em!!!
One of the advantages of seeing a band that most Aussies have never heard of is being able to see them at a smaller venue. Unfortunately most of the bands that don't have a following here don't bother coming over cos its not worth it for them .

The Manics quite often do smaller venues anyway ...love to see them over here but i'm not aware that they have ever played in Oz.
Old May 6th 2008, 4:36 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Where and when? I love the Phonics. Thanx.
Old May 6th 2008, 4:59 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

DF, if you fancy a beer in the Valley before the gig let me know via PM and i'll catch up for a couple. We can raise a glass to the mighty reds promotion.

Old May 6th 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
DF, if you fancy a beer in the Valley before the gig let me know via PM and i'll catch up for a couple. We can raise a glass to the mighty reds promotion.
Hi Guys, thanks to Wlks, Dunroamin and Tricky Tree, not sure what time on Friday, beers around 730 at a pub near the arena. Not sure what time they will be performing. If on ozzie bed time they might be done for 730. Anyone any ideas. Will send Mob Number to those interested in Beers.

Will defo have a beer for the forest boys TT.
Old May 6th 2008, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Friday 9th may THE ARENA ( in fortitude valley near Brunswick Street Station)
Doors open 8pm so plenty of time for a pre gig GLUG GLUG
Old May 6th 2008, 11:10 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I finish work (in the Valley) at 5 so will be available from then onwards!!!

If anybody wants to meet then for a let me know?

Hi Guys, thanks to Wlks, Dunroamin and Tricky Tree, not sure what time on Friday, beers around 730 at a pub near the arena. Not sure what time they will be performing. If on ozzie bed time they might be done for 730. Anyone any ideas. Will send Mob Number to those interested in Beers.

Will defo have a beer for the forest boys TT.
Old May 7th 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
I finish work (in the Valley) at 5 so will be available from then onwards!!!

If anybody wants to meet then for a let me know?
Myself and er indoors could definitely be tempted mate (1/2 5 - 6 pm) ,any where in particular ?
Old May 7th 2008, 7:02 am
Go the BNE Roar

The closest for me is the Fringe Bar on Ann St (they used to have happy hour on friday last time I went) but I can make any place if you prefer?

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Myself and er indoors could definitely be tempted mate (1/2 5 - 6 pm) ,any where in particular ?
Old May 7th 2008, 7:43 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave_woodsy
One of the advantages of seeing a band that most Aussies have never heard of is being able to see them at a smaller venue. Unfortunately most of the bands that don't have a following here don't bother coming over cos its not worth it for them .

The Manics quite often do smaller venues anyway ...love to see them over here but i'm not aware that they have ever played in Oz.
I think they did one of the 'Big Day Outs' in 1999...or something like that.

I pray for the day when they come here.
Old May 7th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Friday 9th may THE ARENA ( in fortitude valley near Brunswick Street Station)
Doors open 8pm so plenty of time for a pre gig GLUG GLUG

surely its sold out?
Old May 7th 2008, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
surely its sold out?
Nope just checked www.ticketmaster.com.au and still tix available $70

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Just replying to the question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.