Steam Mops

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:34 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Question Steam Mops

I'm going to get myself a steam mop as I'm sick to death of my old bucket and mop and residue marks etc they leave on the floor. And with all the tiles we now have, I'm sure a steam mop will be quicker, and healthier than all those floor cleaning chemicals.

Can anyone who's got one recommend a particular brand/model?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Steam Mops

Hi there! We just bought a Monster, and it's fab. Must admit, it hasn't exactly cleaned the grout as I'd hoped (will need some real elbow grease for that I think), but it's so quick...mopping has never been so much fun!! (ok so may be I'm a bit sad....!!)
HB
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:38 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I shall follow this with interest as I am also tired of the old mop.

As for getting the grouting clean: use diluted methylated spirit. Works a treat on grouting.

Gina
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:46 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm going to get myself a steam mop as I'm sick to death of my old bucket and mop and residue marks etc they leave on the floor. And with all the tiles we now have, I'm sure a steam mop will be quicker, and healthier than all those floor cleaning chemicals.

Can anyone who's got one recommend a particular brand/model?
I have a steam mop , but have only used it on the floors once. It did do a good job, but no better than the good old fashioned way. I cant be arsed with it to tell you the truth, its far quicker the old way, and i use a product called Earth, with is a green product and leaves no residue or smears.

Although saying that the steam mop does an awesome job on the bbq..
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

we just bought a cheapie, does the job

BUT personally I'd get a Monster next time as you can use it on carpet also

not sure if you can use it on vinyl though, does anyone know?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:07 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HugoB
Hi there! We just bought a Monster, and it's fab. Must admit, it hasn't exactly cleaned the grout as I'd hoped (will need some real elbow grease for that I think), but it's so quick...mopping has never been so much fun!! (ok so may be I'm a bit sad....!!)
HB
Can you give an idea of how much they cost please.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:28 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Can you give an idea of how much they cost please.
Thanks for the info guys. Went looking this morning and found a Kenwood for $129 and a Bissel at $199 (but reduced to $179).
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie

not sure if you can use it on vinyl though, does anyone know?
When we got our vinyl planks laid, the guy said NOT to use steam mops on them. And these were the top of the shop Karndeans.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:51 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I use this site for various information

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle...%3a+Steam+mops

usally helps me with a decision
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:17 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sandra
I use this site for various information

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle...%3a+Steam+mops

usally helps me with a decision
Great, many thanks. I will look at vacuum cleaners also as I have to leave my Maetag behind.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

yes I definately prefer the steam cleaners they are much more hygenic than pushing one lot of mucky water from one side of the house to the other. The only problem is most of them don't clean the grout