which state sa or wa

Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

colinkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which state sa or wa

hi guys
my name is karen iam a teacher secondary science
just had my skills assesed by tech oz
but have to get state sponsorship as dont have enough points (going on 457 visa) prob i have is what state to go for
i have 3 kids 15 14 12 , and a husband lol
as a family we have wanted to move to perth wa for a coulpe of years now but prob is wa will only sponsor teachers fo regional areas have looked at some places with a higher populations like gerarldton esperance maybe albany
but we are worried about kids education in these areas as my kids are all way above average at school (thats not me sayin that its the teachers honestly!)
not sayin that these places dont have gifted kids in there schools
but worried abit about it also worried about what is there for teenagers to do in these areas.
which led us to consider sa Adelaide as like wa they will only sponsor teachers on regional visa 457 to but noticed you can live anywhere in sa on a regional visa 457 just thinkin that this maybe a option with havin 3 kids and a husband who is the type of person who has to work (or he be mad in couple of weeks) so have to think of if he could find work in remote wa.
but my heart wants wa but thinkin have to be practicall ,
was going to apply to both states for sponsorship but have heard that they may reject if the know you are applying to others states can blame them but need to deceid which state to go for
all adivce comments would be great to help make up our minds
thanks karen
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:52 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: which state sa or wa

Originally Posted by colinkaren
hi guys
but have to get state sponsorship as dont have enough points (going on 457 visa) prob i have is what state to go for
as a family we have wanted to move to perth wa for a coulpe of years now but prob is wa will only sponsor teachers fo regional areas have looked at some places with a higher populations like gerarldton esperance maybe albany
but we are worried about kids education in these areas as my kids are all way above average at school (thats not me sayin that its the teachers honestly!)
but worried abit about it also worried about what is there for teenagers to do in these areas.
which led us to consider sa Adelaide as like wa they will only sponsor teachers on regional visa 457 to but noticed you can live anywhere in sa on a regional visa 457 just thinkin that this maybe a option with havin 3 kids and a husband who is the type of person who has to work (or he be mad in couple of weeks) so have to think of if he could find work in remote wa.
was going to apply to both states for sponsorship but have heard that they may reject if the know you are applying to others states can blame them but need to deceid which state to go for
thanks karen
Would you rather live in a city or a remote country town? if you prefer a city and can't go to Perth then go to Adealide, many people l know who have been to both cities say they think Adelaide is nicer then Perth and the house prices are cheaper.

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 16th 2010 at 9:19 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:29 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: which state sa or wa

If SA offers greater flexibility, I suggest you go there. Even if you want to end up in WA in the long term, SA would be a great place to start.

Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:18 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
If SA offers greater flexibility, I suggest you go there. Even if you want to end up in WA in the long term, SA would be a great place to start.

Yes Adeladie is nice but there are some regional parts of SA l'd advoid like Pt Augusta or Murry Bridge somewhere like that, but there are some nice regional parts like Mt Gambier and Kangaroo island and Victor harbour arera if that can be classified as regional.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Regional towns can have decent education too.

We have lived regional for nearly 3 years.

My son has just finished his TEE exams (similar to Alevels).
We are in regional WA town and he has got pretty high TER score and starting a Physics degree! Basically he could get on almost any degree he wanted.

I do admit he went to a Catholic high school as it catered for his needs. Most towns usually have several school eg state high school, fee paying Catholic, fee paying Christian and our has large fee paying Anglican.

* Fee paying Catholic schools are generally very cheap in regional areas. So everyone can do it.

My son was academic and has been ok.
One of his Australian friends was similar ability and was sent to an expensive boarding school in Perth. However he was shocked to discover his TEE exams results were lower than my sons. So living in the city does not guarantee high exam results.

Australia like the UK has good and bad school in every town.

If you like a town google schools, most schools have a website.

Only factor you need to consider in Australia is the very good schools can have waiting lists in the city and rural.

Gems
Old Mar 17th 2010, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Just re-read your post and WA stopped the 457 sponsorship a while ago. Due to too many teachers.

So your going to have to look at a different type of visa or state if your wanting to come over soon.

Gems
Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:37 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Adelaide is a cool city which is very underrated IMO
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:48 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gems
Just re-read your post and WA stopped the 457 sponsorship a while ago. Due to too many teachers.

So your going to have to look at a different type of visa or state if your wanting to come over soon.

Gems
Our school have just employed 2 people on 457 -is that because it is a private schools?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:59 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colinkaren
hi guys
thanks karen
where do you live at the moment in the UK?

Personally I think that your children will not appreciate the move to regional australia. Just my opinion.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,
Howard Jennings yours is private school and they can still recruit on 457 visa.
Still jobs available for private schools in WA.

However the state schools 457 sponsorship stopped several months ago.
This was due to teachers not retiring, the half cohort etc. So state schools dont need to sponsor at the moment.
No immediate plans to bring WA ed sponsorship back.

However its not impossible for it to be brought back in some form in the future should things change.

Gems
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

russell8910 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do we decide which school to choose in Adelaide for our two sons (6 and 11).....we keep getting back to "must go and see" the schools before we decide...we leave the UK in 31 days......
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russell8910
How do we decide which school to choose in Adelaide for our two sons (6 and 11).....we keep getting back to "must go and see" the schools before we decide...we leave the UK in 31 days......
You get here, do a tour of the schools and make a decision. You can't do it without seeing the schools, well you could but it would be madness to imo. You'll be coming in the second half of the school year so missing a few weeks is neither here nor there in order to get the right schools for your children.