Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting a New Business?

Starting a New Business?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Starting a New Business?

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
thanks for the offer of the free website

I have been learning and building this on my own for a week or so now and if you guys dont mind give me some feedback on just the general setup. I know it looks really bare at the moment as there are no products added or checkout/basket amongst other things but i think (hope) that it has potential to look the part.

It bloody better cause you guys will all be buyin from me

Here it is >>>>> www.priceless-computing.com.au
Wots happened with the plastering then Sunny? Good to hear that you feel more settled now and as such setting up a new business. Good luck with the business, I am sure you will do well!

Lone Ranger
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:42 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Getting away from the plastering has ben a long time coming mate,you know how you get into a rut and S**t scared to try something else so just keep putting it off? Well i woke up one morning and thought to myself, ( I`m Tough Today) am gonny make the change!!!

to be honest i just never got the opportunity to make the move until now. i have been doing courses for the past 6 years and have quite a few under my belt now with Microsoft and Cisco, as well as having a business back home doing much the same thing for 3 years so i think i know wht i`m doing we will see when my site goes live

BTW: Building websites aint my side of things but i think i`m learning.

Constructive Critisism is always welcome, but i think real honest opinions are better so when its almost ready to go online permanently i will get some feedback from you guys beforehand

Wish me Luck

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Wots happened with the plastering then Sunny? Good to hear that you feel more settled now and as such setting up a new business. Good luck with the business, I am sure you will do well!

Lone Ranger

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Jan 21st 2008 at 2:54 am.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

You really need help with your website !!!

If your on a Linux , server with Cpanel. Log in, and activate, OzCommerce.

It will auto install, and configure databases etc.

Within minutes you will on the right track.

Your page is knackered, because you are using frames, and the email box, is within main content frame , and affecting divs.

Start it again !!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:58 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

I think i see what you mean, going to alter it and see how it goes

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
You really need help with your website !!!

If your on a Linux , server with Cpanel. Log in, and activate, OzCommerce.

It will auto install, and configure databases etc.

Within minutes you will on the right track.

Your page is knackered, because you are using frames, and the email box, is within main content frame , and affecting divs.

Start it again !!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:08 am
UK is Home

I have had it altered a bit, i am keeping it online for the rest of the day if you guys dont mind having a look and throw some opinions. i like to hear the truth no matter how it is and appreciate all comments as it can only be good for me if i feel i have to make more changes.

I have put 3 test links on the main page so you can see how it is going to lok when finished, i know it still looks a bit bare at the moment but i`m looking for more comments on the setout/layout rather than what you are selling is crap like.

I think i see what you mean, going to alter it and see how it goes
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi Sunny
Glad you're finally getting settled mate. It is a struggle, some pull through, some don't.
Really pleased for you. Good luck with the new mission.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:26 am
UK is Home

Thanks a million!!!!!!!

It has been a bit of a bad time but things are deffinately looking up now, lets hope it stays that way

The missus has just landed an excellent opportunity lately and was offered to be trained as a Ambulance/Paramedic and she is well looking forward to it. Paid while being trained too so it aint that bad

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hi Sunny
Glad you're finally getting settled mate. It is a struggle, some pull through, some don't.
Really pleased for you. Good luck with the new mission.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks a million!!!!!!!

It has been a bit of a bad time but things are deffinately looking up now, lets hope it stays that way

The missus has just landed an excellent opportunity lately and was offered to be trained as a Ambulance/Paramedic and she is well looking forward to it. Paid while being trained too so it aint that bad
Oh wow, that's what i want to do once the kids can look after themselves, be a paramedic.
How did she come across that?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Eldrew05 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, I`m still here in Oz for those who know me and wondering if i am heading back or not, things have changed and we are now a lot more settled and going to give it a go

Anyway, i was just wondering how many of us have here have started their own business, what type, and how you are getting on with it.

I am having a website built just now and was sent a basic snapshot of roughtly how it will look,and just wondered what you guys thought of it as i aint sure about how its set out.

i aint advertising so i hope the thread doesnt get shut down
\i think your web page is looking good, looks easy to use & heading catches your eye..I buy quite a lot on line & the amount of time you have to search around before you can just click & buy drives me mad! Are you in computing. Sorry just joined site- how long you been in Oz & how did you get there? Do you have to be in Oz certain amount of time before you can set up a business? Tracey
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Is this a franchise that your opening as it is very similar to the original in Glesga.

Small world isn't it.

For those of you basking in the Austrailian sunshine it's -6 here in Glasgow and snowing, bang goes another weekend to the weather, god I wish I was there.

Trouble is I left it to late and I'm now to old and over the hill according to Australian immigration rules!

Talk about discrimination. Might go to NZ instead.

Question for those in the know.
How long after being accepted for a residence visa do you have to move to Aus?

Last edited by mvagusta; Feb 1st 2008 at 9:26 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

DG_Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Is this a franchise that your opening as it is very similar to the original in Glesga.

Small world isn't it.

For those of you basking in the Austrailian sunshine it's -6 here in Glasgow and snowing, bang goes another weekend to the weather, god I wish I was there.

Trouble is I left it to late and I'm now to old and over the hill according to Australian immigration rules!

Talk about discrimination. Might go to NZ instead.

Question for those in the know.
How long after being accepted for a residence visa do you have to move to Aus?
I tried to post the same but couldnt -too few posts.

Looks very similar to this site:

http://www.pless.co.uk/home.php

Is it a franchise?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

DG_Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

This site sure did look familar

Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:13 am
UK is Home

I dont know much about it other than she found the job advertised on seek.com.au.

oh, heres the actual link to teir website http://www.paramedical.com.au

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Oh wow, that's what i want to do once the kids can look after themselves, be a paramedic.
How did she come across that?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:14 am
UK is Home

It does look a bit similar, aint that amazing how 2 people from different sides of the world can have the same imagination and mind in designing a website.

So weird

Originally Posted by DG_Aus
I tried to post the same but couldnt -too few posts.

Looks very similar to this site:

Is it a franchise?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

It does look a bit similar, aint that amazing how 2 people from different sides of the world can have the same imagination and mind in designing a website.

So weird

Good luck John!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.