Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting a Healthcare Recruitment Agency IN AUSTRALIA

Starting a Healthcare Recruitment Agency IN AUSTRALIA

Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

inno will become famous soon enough
Default Starting a Healthcare Recruitment Agency IN AUSTRALIA

I will be moving to Brisbane in January.I intend to start a healthcare/nurses resuitment agency to supply nurses and carers on short term or permant basis to hospitals ,nursing homes etc.

I have been trying to find useful information on how to go about starting this business ,but it looks like,there is no helpful information on the internet.If you know, can you please tell me how to go about it. and any regulatory bodies for this business.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a Healthcare Recruitment Agency IN AUSTRALIA

I guess you could look at the opposition and see what they are doing.

http://www.hahnhealthcare.com.au/ is one of the many providers here.

Also the State Govs run courses for people who want to set up small business and I guess QLD would do that.

Good luck.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
I guess you could look at the opposition and see what they are doing.

http://www.hahnhealthcare.com.au/ is one of the many providers here.

Also the State Govs run courses for people who want to set up small business and I guess QLD would do that.

Good luck.

ThankS
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

i stilll can not find the bodies that issue licences for healthcare employment agencies
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Annie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the rough

Thats because recruitment agencies are not licensed here!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inno
I will be moving to Brisbane in January.I intend to start a healthcare/nurses resuitment agency to supply nurses and carers on short term or permant basis to hospitals ,nursing homes etc.

I have been trying to find useful information on how to go about starting this business ,but it looks like,there is no helpful information on the internet.If you know, can you please tell me how to go about it. and any regulatory bodies for this business.
Do you have any experience in this industry? Will you have the necessary contacts, etc, to add value to employers and candidates?

If you are in the position of having to search around online for information, I might suggest that it would be better to try to work in recruitment for a period of time before starting up on your own.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Do you have any experience in this industry? Will you have the necessary contacts, etc, to add value to employers and candidates?

If you are in the position of having to search around online for information, I might suggest that it would be better to try to work in recruitment for a period of time before starting up on your own.
Thanks for your reply.I have experience of working for recruitment agencies for the past 6 years.I know in a new country things might be challenging,but i like challenges.I really do not believe in working for other people.I like challenges.I will seriously consinder what you said.Yes,i migHt take a part time job for a period of time whilst researching all i need to set up own my own
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Annie_
Thank you Annie,that makes my task easier
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Annie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the roughAnnie_ is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Starting a Healthcare Recruitment Agency IN AUSTRALIA

If you need any more info let me know - I was a Rec. Consultant for 7 years in the UK and did a 2 year stint over here also. I currently recruit allied healthcare workers for a charity.
Your biggest problem will be getting the candidates rather than the clients!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:42 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts exactly - most state health websites have got hundreds of permanent vacancies on them and they are already actively recruiting overseas and willing to sponsor etc. NSW Health had over a 1000 jobs listed last time I looked. Seems like there just aren't enough peeps to go round.

Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

If you need any more info let me know - I was a Rec. Consultant for 7 years in the UK and did a 2 year stint over here also. I currently recruit allied healthcare workers for a charity.

Funny enough ,agencies compete for candidates rather than clients.I will definately keep in touch
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

I wonder who then monitors the conduct of agencies,in terms of who they hire .In UK ,we have standards that agencies must meet .
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys ,i think i found most of the information i want now .You pple have been very helpful.One person actually proposed a venture.I am looking into this and many other suggestions i got.God bless you.