Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

stevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nice
Default Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Hi folks just wondering if the Stafford is a recognised breed in Australia and if they are welcome? I have a staff bitch and she is only just turned an adult she will be 2 on saturday!! Missy does everything with us she is a total gem of a dog! There is a lot of bad press on these dogs which is totally undeserved.If they are brought up by respectfull and responsible owners they are saints. Would there be any complications on taking her to OZ with me because of her breed??
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

mark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

There arw heaps of Staffies in Oz, and are not on the banned list...

But you should check with an shipping agent.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

A mate of mine brought both his Staffs out no probs, was pricy tho by his account. I agree they're lovely dogs, their temprament depends on their up bringing. My next door neighbour's got a pitbull-mastiff cross, bred for fighting but turned out as soft as shite, lovely dog but don't half look mean
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

A bit like the Rotty down the park the other week - lovely dog, soft as poo, well brought up, loves being around other dogs - until he bit the tail off a Whippet - or the one at Dendy Park which came bounding over to my friends LWFD and prompty picked it up, threw it around and tore its stomach open.

Personally I don't have a problem with keeping dogs of this sort as pets (ie dogs that are/have been bred for defence) but when you take them out keep them on the leash (if there are other dogs around) or muzzle them.

Dog are not humans and can be very unpredictable - and this goes for all breeds, however, the stronger/larger the dog the more damage it can do.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Most popular dog in Australia so I hear, more than welcome

(proud stupid staffy owner)
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Most popular dog in Australia so I hear, more than welcome

(proud stupid staffy owner)
Good on ya, I have to say if I had a dog though it would have to be an English Bull terrior, and yes I'd call him Bullseye. English Bull, Staffy, and Jack Russel. The 3 best dogs on the planet
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark1963
There arw heaps of Staffies in Oz, and are not on the banned list...
Yet. Only a matter of time.

(fellow staffy owner)

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Jul 28th 2010 at 11:10 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Good on ya, I have to say if I had a dog though it would have to be an English Bull terrior, and yes I'd call him Bullseye. English Bull, Staffy, and Jack Russel. The 3 best dogs on the planet
English Bully and Staffy yes. Jack Russell? Are you out of your mind?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:14 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Agree there are heaps of Staffies here. We have one and she is the sweetest most gentle good natured dog I have ever come across. She mothers everyone including our poor cat whom she brought up as her own from a kitten. She is a top dog!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

stevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nicestevie87db is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
I am not to keen on jacks either. I just love staffs dont think I would have any other breed!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Agree there are heaps of Staffies here. We have one and she is the sweetest most gentle good natured dog I have ever come across. She mothers everyone including our poor cat whom she brought up as her own from a kitten. She is a top dog!
Mine is petrefied of cats honestly its pathetic
She is the same with my son he is 3 and we got her when he was 1 they are inseprable now!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stevie87db
I am not to keen on jacks either. I just love staffs dont think I would have any other breed!
You should try an English Bully. Very similar to Staffys temperament and personality but bigger, stronger and can be a bit of a handful for inexperienced owners.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Our Socket is a staffy... wouldn't have touched one with a barge pole in the uk but unfortunately he adopted us at the rescue centre ... nicest natured, best behaved dog we've had... and he's had some pretty tough competition from our previous dogs we've owned...

they're very popular here... not just lots of them... we get greeted when out walking by 'everyone'... made a fuss of... friendly as with other dogs and cats... would eat our rat if he could but can't reach him so that's ok..

thought our dalmation smiled.... but she had nothing on his huge grin..
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
I love the fact that most of em are total fruit loops. Only small dog worth having I reckon, I agree that you have to be equally nuts to own one
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I love the fact that most of em are total fruit loops. Only small dog worth having I reckon, I agree that you have to be equally nuts to own one
You should try a West Highland White Terrier. That are off the nuts scale! The most vicious dog I have ever owned. Never have another.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Jul 29th 2010 at 1:58 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.