Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

!st Morning in Singapore

!st Morning in Singapore

Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:17 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default !st Morning in Singapore

We've arrived in Singapore last night and had a wander about. Our room is 19 floors up and we have found an unsecured wireless connection to hijack. It's a bit hit and miss though.

It was hard leaving our family at the airport but not as bad as I expected. I had told everybody that I had banned tears and that if they wanted to cry they had to bring onions with them!! The joke as pitiful as it was seemed to work. When anyone got a bit tearful we just said have you brought your onions and they were ok.

It hit me on the plane when we had taken off and were waving bye bye to Glasgow. I had to stare out the window for about 10 mins then it was ok.

I'm just off for my shower and heading out to explore.

Fiona
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: !st Morning in Singapore

Originally Posted by Fionast
We've arrived in Singapore last night and had a wander about. Our room is 19 floors up and we have found an unsecured wireless connection to hijack. It's a bit hit and miss though.

It was hard leaving our family at the airport but not as bad as I expected. I had told everybody that I had banned tears and that if they wanted to cry they had to bring onions with them!! The joke as pitiful as it was seemed to work. When anyone got a bit tearful we just said have you brought your onions and they were ok.

It hit me on the plane when we had taken off and were waving bye bye to Glasgow. I had to stare out the window for about 10 mins then it was ok.

Fiona

Good Luck, Fiona !

How long are you in Singapore ? If you get chance, go to the zoo - it's brill. Sentosa island is good, too. And make sure you have a Singapore sling in the Long Bar at the Raffles hotel and throw the monkey-nut shells on the floor ( it's tradition )

Enjoy. It's a great place.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hi Fiona
well that is the first leg nearly done! Brisbane is currently warm but breezy, have a great time in Singapore, we stopped there when we came over, really enjoyed our time there. Like Elmtree said if you get time do all the things suggested. Whereabouts in Brisbane are you heading?
take care, Rach x
Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Hi Fiona
Have a great time in singapore we stayed there for three days and had agreat time dont forget to the market in china town great bargains and have fun haggling the price to.Its hard i know leaving family we have taken my mums only three gran children away from them and they cant come over till next crimbo but trust me with email and web cam it makes things a bit easier and you will love your new life
neil
Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

have the best time Fi

big fat ones to ya

Lace xx
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:41 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Thanks everyone. We are here for 5 nights - 3 left now.

We are off to Sentosa tomorrow. This morning we have a city tour and this evening the night safari.

We took yesterday easy and wandered around finding our bearings and had a rickshaw ride at night. It was soo funny being riden around with music blaring!!

The hard part of leaving everyone is over for the time being and I just feel like I'm on holiday.

we arrive in Brisbane on the 20th.

Fiona
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:47 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Smith Street for some fantastic food. Try the black peppered crab.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 5:04 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Wow, reading your thread brought back fond memories of Singapore, we had a week there on the way out to Brisbane last year. Your just in time to see some serious thunderstorms here before it hots up for Christmas...where are you staying in Brisbane? Good luck with the rest of your trip!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:06 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Fiona
Aaaahhhh good luck Fiona and Family
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Enjoy the night safari - we thought it was fantastic. Like something out of Jurassic park - go and eat chilli crabs in the hawker's stalls afterwards.
And enjoy... it's pretty painful leaving the family but, believe me, you are embarking on the most amazing adventure - AUSTRALIA IS BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks everyone. We are here for 5 nights - 3 left now.

We are off to Sentosa tomorrow. This morning we have a city tour and this evening the night safari.

We took yesterday easy and wandered around finding our bearings and had a rickshaw ride at night. It was soo funny being riden around with music blaring!!

The hard part of leaving everyone is over for the time being and I just feel like I'm on holiday.

we arrive in Brisbane on the 20th.

Fiona