Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Springwood, QLD - Opinions please

Springwood, QLD - Opinions please

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:38 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springwood, QLD - Opinions please

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Your right it is a pretty big assumption, you gotta remember Logan is huge place mate, a lot bigger than say the....Redlands. I am assuming that your of the opinion that if you don't live in the Redlands you live in an undesirable area !!!

There are areas i would'nt live in Logan but there are also areas in Redlands i would'nt live so its swings and roundabouts.

We have lived in a Logan suburb for the last 3 yrs and have never regretted it after moving there from Redland Bay.
I appreciate you defending your choices of where to live.

I also appreciate you have live in both areas.

However Redlands is more expensive in terms of property prices, is it because all the houses are bigger ? No I don't think so, but it does suggest that Redlands is a more desirable area. There must be a logical reason as to why that is.

I live in Redlandshire but not in Redland Bay.

Each to their own I guess, was just offering my opinion to OP.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:54 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
I appreciate you defending your choices of where to live.

I also appreciate you have live in both areas.

However Redlands is more expensive in terms of property prices, is it because all the houses are bigger ? No I don't think so, but it does suggest that Redlands is a more desirable area. There must be a logical reason as to why that is.

I live in Redlandshire but not in Redland Bay.

Each to their own I guess, was just offering my opinion to OP.

Yip property is more expensive in the Redlands, but is that just because

a: There is a hell of a lot of newer properties there ?
b: Because its near the water ?

To me that was'nt enough of an incentive to pay $100,000+ more for a property on a smaller block with no pool than what i have now. Also we lived in a brand new house in Redland Bay on a new estate, and if we had bought that house i would have been devastated, you want undesirables then drive round that area, believe me there are so many owner/occupiers there properties for sale its not funny.

I have no doubt that most areas in the Redlands are fine, as most areas in Logan are fine.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Yooo shurrr dewww talk preddy!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:43 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Yip property is more expensive in the Redlands, but is that just because

a: There is a hell of a lot of newer properties there ?
b: Because its near the water ?

To me that was'nt enough of an incentive to pay $100,000+ more for a property on a smaller block with no pool than what i have now. Also we lived in a brand new house in Redland Bay on a new estate, and if we had bought that house i would have been devastated, you want undesirables then drive round that area, believe me there are so many owner/occupiers there properties for sale its not funny.

I have no doubt that most areas in the Redlands are fine, as most areas in Logan are fine.

I wasn't trying to disgree with you, just offer my opinion on the areas mentioned.

As we both know all areas have good and bad parts, I suppose it is defining good and bad is where we all differ. Hence why don't all live in the same place.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:38 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Why, he shurrr duz yewz his tongue bedda than a 20 dollar whore!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:48 am
Born to be wild....

Why, he shurrr duz yewz his tongue bedda than a 20 dollar whore!!!
Well there is plenty of those around Logan area
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 11:40 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is plenty of those around Logan area

Thats just about what i expected you write....SO SAD!!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:28 am
Born to be wild....

Thats just about what i expected you write....SO SAD!!!
No offence buddy, but you started taking the piss not me or happily went along with your sidekick in the piss taking, I just responded.

The sadness comes from you who revelled in the piss take, don't come over all morally above it. It makes you look stupid !

Last edited by Brisben; Jul 4th 2008 at 2:30 am.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:55 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

No offence buddy, but you started taking the piss not me or happily went along with your sidekick in the piss taking, I just responded.

The sadness comes from you who revelled in the piss take, don't come over all morally above it. It makes you look stupid !
Am I the sidekick?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the sidekick?
Aren't you always?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the sidekick?
If the cap fits.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:01 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by rabsody
Aren't you always?
I don't mind being implicated in a piss-take but it's the "side-kick" label that I take offense at.

I'm the main-attraction, I'm a professional, the Cause-Celebre...... AND DON'T YOU FORGET THAT!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind being implicated in a piss-take but it's the "side-kick" label that I take offense at.

I'm the main-attraction, I'm a professional, the Cause-Celebre...... AND DON'T YOU FORGET THAT!!
Aren't you just
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:09 am
Born to be wild....

Am I the sidekick?
Your are , but you instigated the whole event of taking the piss.

I was trying to offer an opinion on Springwood and you obviously thought it would add value to the OP's request to take the piss out of me.

I don't give a toss to be honest but I am not going to stand back and let you have a laugh at my expense without some form of response.

After all that is only fair, but to suddenly come over and suggest I am sad because I took the piss, which was a reaction to your buddies piss take, makes me laugh because he really, in essence contradicted himself.

'Sad' in my opinion is just that !
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:10 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny but the original question is - "opinions please"....so when you give them people get over excited and offended

At the end of the day it's an opinion. People can go with it or ignore it. Why is anyone else really bothered if it doesn't match their own views

As for piss taking. That's an English trait. We don't take things too seriously and it's in good fun

- even if it does unwittingly offend

PS. Logan is shite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.